The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It was the same for the Netherlands. The last danish-dutch State Visit before this year was in 1984 but Willem-Alexander got it before this years State Visit. But probablly becuause he is Margrethe's godson.
Aren't the orders granted just before a State Visit so the guests can wear them at the Gala Dinner? I think that how it is done in Spain, but I may be wrong... I've seeing pics of the RF and their guests interchanging gifts (including orders) at the welcome on the first day.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Aren't the orders granted just before a State Visit so the guests can wear them at the Gala Dinner? I think that how it is done in Spain, but I may be wrong... I've seeing pics of the RF and their guests interchanging gifts (including orders) at the welcome on the first day.
Usually yes but sometimes they where also given out at official Visits or because of other reasons.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Majesty

We're back.

First Copenhagen's Boy's Choir will sing, then another speech.

GALLERI: De kongelige til gallataffel på Christiansborg | Billed Bladet
BB gallery.
Queen Letizia is praised in an article in BB.

A Sumaja Jwxo asked TV2 why non-European families are not invited.
Basically because the event is held en familie. i.e. within the greater related circle and personal friends.

BT gallery of royal dresses: Se de smukke royale kjoler | www.bt.dk

HQ pics: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...argrethe75.jpg
The PM imitating Mary: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...910-drong2.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...587914-ddd.jpg

Next course has been served but the cameras will be turned on again in 25 minutes.

With Queen Mathilde as usual being the very definition of elegance.
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/587/8/x...argrethe75.jpg
Old 04-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Crown Prince Frederick did a wonderful job with the speeches earlier and I really like the personal touch wishing King Philippe a happy birthday.

Ps hope they didn't give Queen Letizia wine or coffee
Old 04-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there a link to watch CP Frederik speech? I missed it
Old 04-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
This is some of the things Frederik said in his speech to his mother:

"You are justified in being celebrated when you turn 75 and that is something you have taken seriously. A lot of Danes have taken part in the celebration.
You had expected and hoped to spend more time with the family before faith caught up and announced your lot as queen.
There are even grandparents who have lived only with you as head of state. You have always accomplished to make it look easy.
Dear mother, you have insight, wit and intelligence. You must know that no matter what the future will bring, you will at any time have my very highest respect".

how lovely
The queen looked pleased and they gave each other a nice hug
Old 04-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Mary, Marie, and Letitzia - beautiful! So glad Mary wore that dress again. Frederik's new uniform The hat, though, seems to be very...feathery
Old 04-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It was the same for the Netherlands. The last danish-dutch State Visit before this year was in 1984 but Willem-Alexander got it before this years State Visit. But probablly becuause he is Margrethe's godson.
I might be mistaken but isn't Queen Maxima also wearing the Order of the Elephant?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, she is. They both got it at the beginning of their recent state visit.
And Frederik and Mary got the highest Dutch order.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I might be mistaken but isn't Queen Maxima also wearing the Order of the Elephant?
She received it last month at the State Visit. But I think WA already had it before the SV.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Crown Prince Frederick did a wonderful job with the speeches earlier and I really like the personal touch wishing King Philippe a happy birthday.

Ps hope they didn't give Queen Letizia wine or coffee
Whats about with the wine and coffee??

I must say that our Crownprince speach was well done. He has often been so insecure but this time he nailed it :-)
Old 04-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Majesty

I a couple of minutes the PM will give her speech. Then QMII will give her speech.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know why dear Queen Sonja isn't there ?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
Whats about with the wine and coffee??

Her Majesty let it slip yesterday that she doesn't like wine or coffee.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I read too that Letizia let slip that she's a teetotaler. No coffee or alcohol passes her lips. She only pretends to drink.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
She received it last month at the State Visit. But I think WA already had it before the SV.
Yes, you are right. WA received the Order of the Elephant in1998 (according to Wikipedia).
Old 04-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The King and Queen of Spain and the Queen of the Belgians wore their Sashes and don't have any Danish Decorations.
Only King Philippe , King Willem Alexander and Queen Maximo wore rhe Elefant Order.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:04 PM
Majesty

The PM gives her speech now.

A video of Frederik's speech to his mother: http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2015/04/15/213112.htm
Old 04-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Her unseen anniversary gift tiara
yes! this is the highlight of the evening. we got to see her new tiara, and the first tiara bought for her specially! do we know when it was purchased by felipe?

letizia's dress is nothing special, but i guess the tiara makes up for it.

i really liked maxima's dress. it's very her! and how fab that her and W-A are both wearing their new danish sashes - great timing!

i hardly think she was imitating her... as if she knew what mary was going to wear! (or the same goes for mary towards the PM) Had they known they were going to wear almost identical dresses, i'm pretty sure they would have chosen something else!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i hardly think she was imitating her... as if she knew what mary was going to wear! (or the same goes for mary towards the PM) Had they known they were going to wear almost identical dresses, i'm pretty sure they would have chosen something else!
In my defense I'd say that was the headline in BT.

Here is a nice pic of mother and son: http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=2D2bcWyV

Tags
queen margrethe's 75th birthday, queen margrethes birthday