Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday Celebrations: April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: That's a big gallery, LadyFinn :flowers:

In contrast to Vincent, who couldn't care less, Josephine seems more aware of the attention and certainly the photographers. Notice pic 117 (or is it 119?), where she is looking straight into the camera. Perhaps she has inherited more of Frederik's shyness? Also, again in contrast to Vincent, there really is no need to stray too far away from mother...

Agree with you, Duc et Pair, the lighting in the Hall of Drabants could need a bit of touching up.

Are Maxima and WA close with the CP Family? I remember that Mary and Maxima seemed to get on well during the recent Dutch state visit to Denmark.
Yes, the King and Queen of The Netherlands and our CPC are very close friends :flowers:

In contrast to Vincent, who couldn't care less, Josephine seems more aware of the attention and certainly the photographers.
Prince Vincent is just like his big sister and Pss Josephine just like her eldest brother :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Muhler, more think they just (solidarity as twins are) switched to steal the attention :lol: In Greenland we saw how extroverted Josephine is. She was almost the star of the trip :D And also during the CP family's recent skiing trip.

Don't know if it already has been posted (remembers members asking for it) but here is Frederik's welcome speech to his mother:

Velkomsttale ved gallataffel på Christiansborg den 15. april 2015 i anledning af Hendes Majestæt Dronningens 75 års fødselsdag - Kongehuset

[...]
One of my favourite photos of the event is Maxima giving Vincent a high five. I think it's such a precious photo. Are Maxima and WA close with the CP Family? I remember that Mary and Maxima seemed to get on well during the recent Dutch state visit to Denmark.[/...]

Apparently King Willem-Alexander holds Crown Prince Frederik and -Princess Mary in the highest esteem. It is very, very rare that the highest civil Order of the Netherlands -reserved for heads of state- is handed out to a crown princely couple. The King did not consider any other option, he went directly for this. As it is a State Order, the King must have discussed it with the Prime Minister and signed it with a formal Royal Decree, including ministerial contraseign. It speaks volumes, I think, as King Willem-Alexander is not known as a man with meaningless gestures. He could have opted for an Order which is his personal prerogative but went for a State Order. See picture.

:flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Muhler, more think they just (solidarity as twins are) switched to steal the attention :lol: In Greenland we saw how extroverted Josephine is. She was almost the star of the trip :D And also during the CP family's recent skiing trip.

Yeah, you are probably right.

Well, if there is one of the children who is consistently completely undisturbed by all the commotion it's mademoiselle Athena. She usually plays it cool and this time was no exception. :cool:

Interesting observation, Duc et Pair.

Out of all the grandchildren, I always thought Isabella and Josephine to be the most extroverted.

A big thank you to those who shared the photos, videos and articles of the events in connection with Queen Margrethe's birthday. :flowers: (It's just typical that when I'm offline for a few days, a big event happens! :D).

It was wonderful to see all the European royals together, though I'm a little disappointed that no one from the BRF showed up, and I've read that HM is friends with Queen Margrethe. The BRF are also distantly (I think third cousins, but I'd need to double check that) related to the DRF. Having said that, the BRF never really seem to turn up to European events, unless they're big events like weddings or coronations/inaugurations. Still, it would've been nice if royals such as the Wessexes, who are the usual representatives of the BRF at European events, could've gone.

One of my favourite photos of the event is Maxima giving Vincent a high five. I think it's such a precious photo. Are Maxima and WA close with the CP Family? I remember that Mary and Maxima seemed to get on well during the recent Dutch state visit to Denmark.

I agree it was a shame that Prince Henrik wasn't absent, I hope he recovers quickly. I don't think his absence has much to do with his recent rants about how he isn't Prince Consort. I don't think he'd miss his wife's big day just because of that.

I know what you mean. We know the British royals have very busy schedules, but I think The Queen should be sending Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine or Harry to future European royal events. The Wessex's usually go, but why not send senior royals that's closer to the throne? The British royal family are close to their royal counterparts, but yet so distant.

With The Queen's 90th Birthday coming up next year (God's willing), I guess the European royals will be making their way to the UK for the celebrations.

Last edited:
Do we have pictures of Tanja Dorky during the celebration? Thanks:flowers:

So true.
aww Greenland. Vincent was the shy one, staying close to mom and Josephine shinned with her siblings and dad Frederik.

now Vincent seemed unfazed but we also Josephine trying to climb the balcony railings, as was done years ago by Isabella and Christian ;)

I just saw the reportage made by Blauw Bloed (Blue Blood), the weekly Dutch TV-program on royalty. They also showed parts from inside the banqueting hall at Christiansborg Palace and it was really sparkly. It all simply looks better when you see it big and in HD quality. Even Crown Prince Frederik, wearing his uniform, sparkled because of the fresh new golden galon embroidered on it. During his speech the gold on his collar was very sparkly, as were all ladies. Good lighting really is the trick to let diamonds unfold their splendour. Well done, Denmark!

Crown Prince Frederik is -like his "colleague" King Willem-Alexander- around the same age and both clearly mature from a boyish Prince into a serious King. I can already see a great King Frederik X coming.

Do we have pictures of Tanja Dorky during the celebration? Thanks:flowers:

I haven't seen any individual pictures of her but she was at the 1st night's gala.Her gown was lovely on the video I saw. It was a similar color of Her Majesty's beautiful red gown but in a Grecian style.

I saw on Tumblr a Gif of Isabella running to say hello to her Godmother Queen Mathilde of Belgium. I'd only seen the still photo of Isabella and Mathilde. What a delight to Isabella's enthusiasm to see Mathlde.

uh-uh

Prince Henrik was too ill to attend his wife's birthday parties but over the weekend he went to Venice on his own.
For syg til konens fødselsdag: Henrik alene i Venedig – Ekstra Bladet

Another tantrum or a miracle recovery??

Well, at least we know he has fully recovered from his flu...

ADDED: The news is spreading like wildfire! http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2015/04/20/0420125501.htm
Weelll, timing and stuff and perhaps people would be forgiven for wondering why he has recovered enough to go to Italy but not enough to attend a couple of hours of dinner.
But I won't, I'm merely pleased he doesn't seem in danger of having contracted pneumonia or something similar after his flu.

Last edited:
Well, at least we know he has fully recovered from his flu...

ADDED: The news is spreading like wildfire! Prinsgemalen kommer sig i Sydeuropa efter en uge i sygesengen | Nyheder | DR
Weelll, timing and stuff and perhaps people would be forgiven for wondering why he has recovered enough to go to Italy but not enough to attend a couple of hours of dinner.
But I won't, I'm merely pleased he doesn't seem in danger of having contracted pneumonia or something similar after his flu.

Me too - but I thought that for an 80 year old it all went very quickly between bedridden with flu and holiday in Venice.

The Queen was still smiling all the time , was it for the pictures ??
With Royal smiles we never know !

Me too - but I thought that for an 80 year old it all went very quickly between bedridden with flu and holiday in Venice.

:lol: Ph is fortunate in having a very loving and overbearing wife.
I fear my wife would tear off my ears if I did something similar. :hiding:

No, I suspect this is a case of stereotypical "male-flu"...
And while far from all of us are deadly ill when we contract flu there are admittedly some who are, and who recover almost instantly when the attention... eh, I mean when the flu is over. :lol:
And PH does indeed have a history, also in interviews, to feel a wee bit sorry for himself when he's a bit under the weather.

He certainly knows that it looks bad but he couldn't care less!!:D

And while far from all of us are deadly ill when we contract flu there are admittedly some who are, and who recover almost instantly when the attention... eh, I mean when the flu is over. :lol:
And PH does indeed have a history, also in interviews, to feel a wee bit sorry for himself when he's a bit under the weather.

Haha, I fear you are absolutely correct :lol::eek::whistling::ROFLMAO:
BYe Bine

Anyone a good pic of CP Victoria at the dinner the second evening?
Bye Bine

Fish gotta swim birds gotta fly she can't help lovin that man of hers :) I hope he just got better really really quick.it goes beyond petty and juvenile if this was a fit of his.

When I first heard flu in a man nearly 81, who does not appear to have taken he best care of himself, I was alarmed - I don't see how he recovered from bona-fide flu so quickly.

He certainly knows that it looks bad but he couldn't care less!!:D

That's right - if he were truly sick last week, and he might have been, most of us would save our family embarrassment and decide to lie low for another week even if we did recover overnight.

I wonder as he ages we are going to see more of this, and more Palace covering for him. "Oh, did we say flu... we really meant flew, yes, yes, he flew to Italy." :lol:

Surely the queen would know about this. It just makes him look bad and me feel sorry for her.

She knows him pretty well by now and his quirks and drama... She also knows the warmer loving funny side we would not be party to and it balences out.

Methinks the reports about PH's flu were slightly exaggerated... and it was more likely (and fortunately) merely a common cold.
- Mind you a cold can feel (almost) as fatal... eh, as bad as a flu.
Just as a cough can almost feel as bad a pneumonia. :reaper:

I must admit I was slightly concerned, because at age 80 a flu is no joke, but fortunately is seems like PH is back in form and ready to entertain us for a good while more. :p

And now for something merrier. BB has put up a number of videos from the celebrations, nicely categorized: Billed Bladet – Danmarks Royale TV | Tag :dronningmargrethe

Back
Top Bottom