Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday Celebrations: April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Prince Frederick did a wonderful job with the speeches earlier and I really like the personal touch wishing King Philippe a happy birthday.

Ps hope they didn't give Queen Letizia wine or coffee :D

Whats about with the wine and coffee??

I must say that our Crownprince speach was well done. He has often been so insecure but this time he nailed it :)

I a couple of minutes the PM will give her speech. Then QMII will give her speech.

Does anyone know why dear Queen Sonja isn't there ?

Yes, I read too that Letizia let slip that she's a teetotaler. No coffee or alcohol passes her lips. She only pretends to drink.

She received it last month at the State Visit. But I think WA already had it before the SV.
Yes, you are right. WA received the Order of the Elephant in1998 (according to Wikipedia).

The King and Queen of Spain and the Queen of the Belgians wore their Sashes and don't have any Danish Decorations.
Only King Philippe , King Willem Alexander and Queen Maximo wore rhe Elefant Order.

Her unseen anniversary gift tiara

yes! this is the highlight of the evening. we got to see her new tiara, and the first tiara bought for her specially! do we know when it was purchased by felipe?

letizia's dress is nothing special, but i guess the tiara makes up for it.

i really liked maxima's dress. it's very her! and how fab that her and W-A are both wearing their new danish sashes - great timing!

i hardly think she was imitating her... as if she knew what mary was going to wear! (or the same goes for mary towards the PM) Had they known they were going to wear almost identical dresses, i'm pretty sure they would have chosen something else!

Last edited:
yes! this is the highlight of the evening. we got to see her new tiara, and the first tiara bought for her specially! do we know when it was purchased by felipe?

letizia's dress is nothing special, but i guess the tiara makes up for it.

i really liked maxima's dress. it's very her! and how fab that her and W-A are both wearing their new danish sashes - great timing!

i hardly think she was imitating her... as if she knew what mary was going to wear! (or the same goes for mary towards the PM) Had they known they were going to wear almost identical dresses, i'm pretty sure they would have chosen something else!

a reply to myself: felipe bought the tiara for letizia in 2005! so it took us 10 whole years to get to see it... special day indeed for us tiara lovers!

Spectacular speeches from both the PM and QMII :D (and Frederik, of course, I was really impressed with him as well – especially when taking the short amount of preparation time he had into consideration).

Is there a chance that Felipe, Letizia and Mathilde will receive the Order of the Elephant in connection to their attendance this evening or will that take a state/official visit to Denmark?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was HSH Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg present tonight?

It seems like GD Maria Teresa is also missing. Or did I just miss the photos of her?

Yes no one from the UK unfortunately. As far as i remeber noboday from Monaco attended other bvirthday celebrations only the Crown princely Wedding in 2004.

Why dosn't Monaco get invited to anniversaries in Denmark? They do in Sweden and Norway.

Right, the show is over for tonight.

But early tomorrow it starts again. QMII will be waken up by relatives and friends including grandchildren singing outside her bedroom window at Fredensborg.

There will be a balcony scene at Amalienborg at noon, followed by a carriage ride to Copenhagen Townhall, with another balcony scene.
And then a more private dinner tonight. I assume we won't see much if anything from the actual dinner but we will see guests arriving. So more bling bling coming up.

Both public networks will show virtually non-stop all day from around 08.30.
And with a little luck you can again watch the whole thing live on DR1.

Right, the show is over for tonight.

But early tomorrow it starts again. QMII will be waken up by relatives and friends including grandchildren singing outside her bedroom window at Fredensborg.

There will be a balcony scene at Amalienborg at noon, followed by a carriage ride to Copenhagen Townhall, with another balcony scene.
And then a more private dinner tonight. I assume we won't see much if anything from the actual dinner but we will see guests arriving. So more bling bling coming up.

Both public networks will show virtually non-stop all day from around 08.30.
And with a little luck you can again watch the whole thing live on DR1.

Dear Muhler, I think we will see the speech from Frederik (and Henrik if he wasn't ill) and such - just like today?

The TV-Guide writes: Many Danes, including Queen Margrethe herself, probably looks forward to the speeches for her birthday. The Prince Consort and Crown Prince Frederik is among the first - and DR's Tine Gøtzsche and Mark Stokholm broadcasts live from the celebrations.

TVGuide.dk - Dronningen 75 ?r: Festmiddag med taler - 2015-04-16 20:00

Last edited:
Many thanks for all the pictures and links etc - what an amazing evening it has been!
Frederik's speech was wonderful and seemed full of warmth for his mother - and well deserved.
It is always nice to see the current Danish prime minister at these events - I wish ours looked like her!

Daily Mail has many nice pictures of the dresses
Diamonds and dickie bows at the palace as Queen Letizia and Prince Felipe dress up to celebrate 75th birthday of Denmark's Queen Margrethe in Copenhagen | Daily Mail Online

a reply to myself: felipe bought the tiara for letizia in 2005! so it took us 10 whole years to get to see it... special day indeed for us tiara lovers!

I think it was commissioned in 2005 but Letizia only got the tiara as a gift for the 5th wedding anniversary in 2009.

What a lovely picture. The Queen seemed pleased after his speech

this for me is the image of the night.
Mother and son. what a sweet kiss
https://scontent-4.22773.fna.fbcdn....=bb23898c3b84ebae02534706294469d0&oe=55A72B9E

a handsome Crown Prince giving his speech
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d18e1cbc62c6fd4fe8b697ad94b711b3/tumblr_nmv3gccp4R1spg20wo2_1280.jpg

Fantastic Dinner, Love Frederik's speech
him and Mary looked great and the Queen was fantastic

now to wait for tomorrow, cant wait to see all the grand kids and nice that Frederik and Mary will join the queen in the carriage ride

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom