Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday Celebrations: April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is Letizia wearing the sash of Denmark or something else?

As far as I'm aware Letizia is wearing the Spanish Order of Charles III as H.M. has not yet received any Danish ones.

The Spanish Order of Charles III as she doesn't have a Danish Order yet.

I guess it's great Frederik switched to Danish but how bad for us, I was enjoying his speech :D :cool:
And for the laughs I guess it's getting better :sad:

Last edited:
She is wearing the Order of Charles III. She doesn't have the Order of the Elephant, because there never was a state visit to or from Denmark during her tenure as Princess of Asturias/Queen.

As far as I'm aware Letizia is wearing the Spanish Order of Charles III as H.M. has not yet received any Danish ones.

The same for King Felipe as he also has not yet got the Order of the Elephant.

Frederik is giving the welcome speech. And it's a confident and clear-speaking Frederik we can hear. :cool:
He has improved in recent month and I think he has taken lessons.

I agree but while the Danish language part of his speech is great and very funny the English language part shows there's still room for some improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Mathilde also does not yet have a Danish order and is wearing her Belgian one.

What a loving speech Frederik just held. Modern, funny and confident. "Dear mother.. (not Queen)"
Wish you could hear what he said in Danish. Margrethe looked so proud, didn't she?

Last edited:
Is Princess Elisabeth also there? I didn't see her.

The King of Spain seated beside his uncle the ex King of Greece,Queen Letizia is seared between the King of the Belgians and Grand Duke of Luxembourg.

And Queen Anne-Marie between her nephews the King of Spain and the Crown Prince of Denmark

Is Princess Elisabeth also there? I didn't see her.

Yes, I didn't see at the arrivals but when the family and the Euro royals entered the dining hall she came and sat at the long table.

The same for King Felipe as he also has not yet got the Order of the Elephant.
There were State Visits from Denmark to Spain and viceversa in the past, but I guess he was too young to receive the order. Probably Frederik doesn't own a Spanish one either.
The King of Spain seated beside his uncle the ex King of Greece,Queen Letizia is seared between the King of the Belgians and Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
I spotted GD Henri being a gentleman helping Letizia with the chair, which I saw no one from the younger generation of royals doing with their table partners, buh :D

Great (and well deserved) praise to Frederik from the TV commentators.

I also liked that he wished King Phillipe happy birthday :)

Now there is a pause while the royals having their dinner...

The King of Norway doesn't look well at all. I was quite alarmed when I saw him.

This is some of the things Frederik said in his speech to his mother:

"You are justified in being celebrated when you turn 75 and that is something you have taken seriously. A lot of Danes have taken part in the celebration.
You had expected and hoped to spend more time with the family before faith caught up and announced your lot as queen.
There are even grandparents who have lived only with you as head of state. You have always accomplished to make it look easy.
Dear mother, you have insight, wit and intelligence. You must know that no matter what the future will bring, you will at any time have my very highest respect".

It was a lovely gesture from Prince Frederik to wish a Happy Birthday to King Philippe :)

There were State Visits from Denmark to Spain and viceversa in the past, but I guess he was too young to receive the order. Probably Frederik doesn't own a Spanish one either.

It was the same for the Netherlands. The last danish-dutch State Visit before this year was in 1984 but Willem-Alexander got it before this years State Visit. But probablly becuause he is Margrethe's godson.

It was the same for the Netherlands. The last danish-dutch State Visit before this year was in 1984 but Willem-Alexander got it before this years State Visit. But probablly becuause he is Margrethe's godson.
Aren't the orders granted just before a State Visit so the guests can wear them at the Gala Dinner? I think that how it is done in Spain, but I may be wrong... I've seeing pics of the RF and their guests interchanging gifts (including orders) at the welcome on the first day.

Aren't the orders granted just before a State Visit so the guests can wear them at the Gala Dinner? I think that how it is done in Spain, but I may be wrong... I've seeing pics of the RF and their guests interchanging gifts (including orders) at the welcome on the first day.
Usually yes but sometimes they where also given out at official Visits or because of other reasons.

We're back.

First Copenhagen's Boy's Choir will sing, then another speech.

GALLERI: De kongelige til gallataffel på Christiansborg | Billed Bladet
BB gallery.
Queen Letizia is praised in an article in BB.

A Sumaja Jwxo asked TV2 why non-European families are not invited.
Basically because the event is held en familie. i.e. within the greater related circle and personal friends.

BT gallery of royal dresses: Se de smukke royale kjoler | www.bt.dk

HQ pics: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/587/8/8587793-dronningmargrethe75.jpg
The PM imitating Mary: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/587/8/8587910-drong2.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/587/8/8587914-ddd.jpg

Next course has been served but the cameras will be turned on again in 25 minutes.

With Queen Mathilde as usual being the very definition of elegance.
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/587/8/x2048-u/8587699-dronningmargrethe75.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Prince Frederick did a wonderful job with the speeches earlier and I really like the personal touch wishing King Philippe a happy birthday.

Ps hope they didn't give Queen Letizia wine or coffee :D

This is some of the things Frederik said in his speech to his mother:

"You are justified in being celebrated when you turn 75 and that is something you have taken seriously. A lot of Danes have taken part in the celebration.
You had expected and hoped to spend more time with the family before faith caught up and announced your lot as queen.
There are even grandparents who have lived only with you as head of state. You have always accomplished to make it look easy.
Dear mother, you have insight, wit and intelligence. You must know that no matter what the future will bring, you will at any time have my very highest respect".

how lovely :flowers::flowers:
The queen looked pleased and they gave each other a nice hug

Mary, Marie, and Letitzia - beautiful! So glad Mary wore that dress again. Frederik's new uniform:wub: The hat, though, seems to be very...feathery :whistling:

I might be mistaken but isn't Queen Maxima also wearing the Order of the Elephant?

Yes, she is. They both got it at the beginning of their recent state visit.
And Frederik and Mary got the highest Dutch order.

I might be mistaken but isn't Queen Maxima also wearing the Order of the Elephant?
She received it last month at the State Visit. But I think WA already had it before the SV.

Back
Top Bottom