Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people from another MB who watched danish TV could see her. She wore the red yuki gown which she wore first at Nobel 2007.

In my opinion Queen Silvia did not wear the red yuki gown...
In this video you can see her in the background (at min 2:03). I think it is the gown she wore during the state visit to Austria in 2007.

It is a pitty that we did not see a picture of the royal couple of Sweden.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;1070004 said:
In my opinion Queen Silvia did not wear the red yuki gown...
In this video you can see her in the background (at min 2:03). I think it is the gown she wore during the state visit to Austria in 2007.

It is a pitty that we did not see a picture of the royal couple of Sweden.

The Video is from the dinner at Fredensborg. But at the Royal Theatre she wore the red yuko gown with the Leuchtenberg sapphire Parure. Unfortunately there are no pictures from her and the King because they arrived during the intermission.

I found Silvia:D
dr.dk link choose "Vis flere Dronningens fødselsdag - Amalienborg slotsplads" on the right and then video "Dronningens fødselsdag - Forestillingens 2. del"
we can see Swedish couple from 1:26 to 1:48
red gown plus sapphires :flowers:

Can someone translate Prince frederick's speech I don't understand danish. Prince frederick and princess Mary are so cute

Video of the young royals walking to the party:
Kronprinspar spadserede til fest - TV 2 Nyhederne

Could you please help me and explain the celebration agenda? It looks like there have been 3 different events on 3 different days - I have seen CP Mary in 3 different outfits....but not all of the other guests.
It would be great, to have a list of all main female guests with their outfit for all days......

Queen Silvia in red Yuki gown and Leuchtenberg sapphires

I found Silvia:D
dr.dk link choose "Vis flere Dronningens fødselsdag - Amalienborg slotsplads" on the right and then video "Dronningens fødselsdag - Forestillingens 2. del"
we can see Swedish couple from 1:26 to 1:48
red gown plus sapphires :flowers:

Could you please post a screen-shot of the sequence with Queen Silvia in red Yuki gown and the Leuchtenberg Sapphires because I cannot open the link to the video.
Thanks a lot in advance

Could you please help me and explain the celebration agenda? It looks like there have been 3 different events on 3 different days - I have seen CP Mary in 3 different outfits....but not all of the other guests.
It would be great, to have a list of all main female guests with their outfit for all days......

Well if you look through this thread, you can pretty much identify the female guest list yourself.

Celebration agenda?
It's 3 different events for QM's 70th Birthday.
Dinner on the 13th.
Concert on the 15th.
Balcony Appearance & Luncheon on the 16th.
Banquet on the 16th aswell.

Plus various exibitions that have been visited by the royals.

Userdane , Thanks for your long and clever answer.
I am happy your Queen is so popular in her country , 50.000 people around Amalienburg is a lot. I was in Copenhagen in 2005 when the Queen was in France/Caix and realised how popular your royals are. I remember visiting Amalienburg , I saw the late King Frederick's desk with pictures of Queen Queen Ingrid and his 3 daughters , really a happy family .

Queen Margarethe , Queen Elisabeth and Queen Beatrix are real professionnals , reigning since years without any mistake.
I apologize my bad english but I am happy for you. This week we had in Belgium Crown-Prince Philippe 's 50th birthday and it was not even at the frontpage of my newspaper.

Could you please post a screen-shot of the sequence with Queen Silvia in red Yuki gown and the Leuchtenberg Sapphires because I cannot open the link to the video.
Thanks a lot in advance

here you go imageshack album dress+ tiara
sorry for a bad quality, but when I zoomed the video get this :ermm:
there is no front view, because they were filmed this way all the time

For someone who is completely ignorant of the matter, how similar are Norwegian, Swedish and Danish? If one is fluent in one language, can one get by in the others?

For someone who is completely ignorant of the matter, how similar are Norwegian, Swedish and Danish? If one is fluent in one language, can one get by in the others?

They are very similar, and Victoria could easily learn Danish & Norwegian and vice versa for Norwegian and Danish royals.

Thanks for your insights, UserDane. :flowers:

There is a small republican movement here, probably the smallest in all the Scandinavian countries. They wanted to stage a protest demonstration yesterday but was prohibited - the police said they feared for republicans' safety among all the people.
Their motto by the way, which I heard on the radio yesterday, was 'Margrethe, we would rather have voted for you'. The republicans are having a hard time because Margrethe is so well liked - and not least very respected.

I've often heard that the republicans in Denmark want a republic - with Margrethe as president. I think that sort of thing actually says more about what a wonderful job she does than the adoration of all the pro-monarchists: it's easy for a Queen to impress people who love royalty anyway, but a true accomplishment if you can charm those who want to get rid of what you represent.

Ursula, I don't speak any of the languages, but I have some Danish family members, and they say that the three are mutually intelligible. Danish and Norwegian are closer than Swedish, but adult Swedes can still understand Danes and vice versa.

Queen Silvia in red Yuki gown and Leuchtenberg Sapphires

here you go imageshack album dress+ tiara
sorry for a bad quality, but when I zoomed the video get this :ermm:
there is no front view, because they were filmed this way all the time

Thank you so much indeed. You have made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A short video of Frederik, Mary, Mette-Marit, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip arriving on Thursday:
SVT

Hahaha. I laughed when I saw this one.

Does anyone know Mette-Marit's height?? She seems to be pretty tall:)

Userdane , Thanks for your long and clever answer.
I am happy your Queen is so popular in her country , 50.000 people around Amalienburg is a lot. I was in Copenhagen in 2005 when the Queen was in France/Caix and realised how popular your royals are. I remember visiting Amalienburg , I saw the late King Frederick's desk with pictures of Queen Queen Ingrid and his 3 daughters , really a happy family .

Queen Margarethe , Queen Elisabeth and Queen Beatrix are real professionnals , reigning since years without any mistake.
I apologize my bad english but I am happy for you. This week we had in Belgium Crown-Prince Philippe 's 50th birthday and it was not even at the frontpage of my newspaper.

You're welcome Maria-Olivia:flowers:
As Maura says in her post, the most remarkable thing about queen Margrethe is not so much the number of pro-monarchist, but the respect even the non-monachists have for her.

Such a shame that prince Phillippe's 50th had no media coverage. There are lots of people, outside Belgium as well, who would love to see and hear more of him and his lovely wife.

Could someone post pics of princess nathalie on the third event, please? I think I saw her in one pic, it was from a distance, but I think she wore a blue dress, i'm not sure ..
And also, could somebody please post the translations of the speeches? it would be really nice!

i have a question, hope soembody can answer, after to see the photos, i wonder what it is the code for dressing, I mean, they are several gala events, all with tiaras, but some with sashes medals and the star broche(sorry i do not how is call) what make the difference? and i notice that victoria did not have a tiara in the last event?

The banquet looks like lots of fun and the Queen seems to be enjoying herself. I hope she enjoyed the day:flowers:

Seems the whole event was a great success. Everyone seemed happy and in a party mood. The ladies all looked lovely, I thought.

In response to someone's question, about how all the royals speak to each other since they all come from different countries -- I would assume they all speak English with one another, as it's a common language they all share. All of the royals in Europe are for the most part, pretty fluent in English. It would be easier than trying to learn each others' native tongues for the few events each year where they're all together.

Back
Top Bottom