Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh thanks so much for the pictures, they've all been lovely! I love the dress of Nathalie, I also think it's the one her sister wore on one ocassion, I'll see if I can get that pic! Do you think Alexandra will be able to attend the celebrations tomorrow?

Lovely lovely pictures! So exciting! Crown Princess Mary looks absolutely stunning and I also love Mette-Marit's dress.

Does anyone know if there will be live streaming of the balcony appearance tomorrow? And if so what time?

IMO Crownprincess Mary is by far the most beautiful woman at that royal occasion. Much too good for that Frederik.....;)

Wonderful pictures, I love it most of all the lady's with the beautiful tiara's, thank you so mutch for all of it. I hope tomorrow that Maxima also nice gala wear !!!

Happy Birthday!
God Bless you!
Thank you all for the pictures and news.

This time Mary and Marie switch colors, yesterday Marie wore white and Mary red, and today it was visceversa.

Will Princess Theodora attend?

Btw, thank you for all the info :flowers:

No,she and brother Philippos are both in the US and can't make it this time.The rest is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know if any of non-European royal houses (Jordan, Morocco, Japan or Thailand for example) were invited to the Queen Margrethe's birthday celebrations?
Or is it only for the European royals?

This time Mary and Marie switch colors, yesterday Marie wore white and Mary red, and today it was visceversa.
I was wondering: maybe they wore the Danisch colours on purpose? Would be a nice idea, but imo Mary picked the nicer dress for both occasions.
Yesterday hairdresser(s) did a good job! A lot of very nice up-dos, the Queen, Mary and Marie had wonderful hairstyles to support their tiaras, those curles on the side of Victorias head or even the braces in Mette-Marits hair were nice details. Well, it can't be all perfect, so Grand-Duchess MT unfortunately wore her hair open:whistling:.

Thank you for all the pictures. I thought all guests looked quite happy.
In the seating area in the oprah house, I didn't realize the Queen & PH were alone, Dansih Royals alone and the guest in a section. I thought all royals would be together.

It was good seeing Daniel attending, Victoria looked quite happy. Pitty some royals were there like Haakon, Madeline & Marie-Chantal.

Wow! Mary was definitly my winner on the second night:)

wow! the queen looks amazing! i love her green dress. definitely the "queen" of the party!

i really like mary's gown, and i'm so glad victoria chose that one, it's lovely! mette marit also looked very distinguished and so did carina axelsson.

shame many royals couldn't make it! will they be there tonight?

I was wondering: maybe they wore the Danisch colours on purpose? Would be a nice idea, but imo Mary picked the nicer dress for both occasions.
Yesterday hairdresser(s) did a good job! A lot of very nice up-dos, the Queen, Mary and Marie had wonderful hairstyles to support their tiaras, those curles on the side of Victorias head or even the braces in Mette-Marits hair were nice details. Well, it can't be all perfect, so Grand-Duchess MT unfortunately wore her hair open:whistling:.

Well I am glad Duches Mt dress looked so wonderful I hated that tiara:eek: y didn't she wear a diamond one :ermm:

I am looking forward to see all the other royals come together tonight!
And also all DRF members on the balcony :flowers: with all those 5 cute children!

Gosh, isn´t that wonderful seeing Victoria so happy with her financee...... I also heard from an interview with Prince Carl-Philip, that the two men seems to have a phantastic relationship. So it was great, that they turned up all 3. And maybe this time it was better for Madeleine NOT to attend :whistling:, until the massive media attention is getting less....

Really impressed by most of the Royal ladies.
Highlights in a row: Mette-Marit, Victoria, the Queen, Mary, Marie, Carina Axelson.
Lowlights in a row: DG Maria Theresia (ugly hair), Alexia (too dark)....

Maybe I am unfair, it may be, that due to the plane chaos there was no chance to get the Royal hairdresser(s) to Copenhagen as well.....

What a pity, we did not see any pics from Queen Silvia and the NL RF (depending, when the train arrived).

BYe Bine

Gosh, isn´t that wonderful seeing Victoria so happy with her financee...... I also heard from an interview with Prince Carl-Philip, that the two men seems to have a phantastic relationship. So it was great, that they turned up all 3. And maybe this time it was better for Madeleine NOT to attend :whistling:, until the massive media attention is getting less....

Really impressed by most of the Royal ladies.
Highlights in a row: Mette-Marit, Victoria, the Queen, Mary, Marie, Carina Axelson.
Lowlights in a row: DG Maria Theresia (ugly hair), Alexia (too dark)....

Maybe I am unfair, it may be, that due to the plane chaos there was no chance to get the Royal hairdresser(s) to Copenhagen as well.....

What a pity, we did not see any pics from Queen Silvia and the NL RF (depending, when the train arrived).

BYe Bine

ook I didnt know about the plane I feel bad about GMT hair now :lol:

Wonderful pictures, Mary looks wonderful as always.
Margrethe looks the true birthday girl.
Beautiful to see Carina in a tiara and all the other royals. :flowers:

This morning we've seen so far Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, King Carl Gustav, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Crown Princess Mette-Marit. (Daniel was also present, but I haven't seen a picture of him.)

Back
Top Bottom