The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Courtier

I think Margrethe and Mary both look stunning - although I'm surprised to see them both in such a similar color. Marie's dress I don't like at all. It's too big and bulky, sort of like it's wearing her.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

when i see the photos of the tables , it is a small blue box next to each plate i presume a souvenir from the Queen, wish we could see it!

Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Her Majesty looks absolutely stunning as does her sister in dramatic blue. The Crown Princess is very elegant and Marie has disappointed me in that dress. The long sleeves ruin the look. Now to look forward to more galas. I was hoping that Queen Anne Marie would attend tonight.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's the gettyimages/zimbio gallery without watermarks:

** Queen Margrethe 70th Birthday Celebrations - Day 1 **
Old 04-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
I bought Hello! magazine yesterday and there are several pages of photographs of Queen Margrethe in her garden at Marselisborg, picking flowers, making a flower arrangement etc, plus and interview with her and also an interview with Crown Prince Frederik.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Royal Highness

YouTube clip from the celebrations yesterday when stand up comedian/magician Rune Klan engages the queen in a trick involving a stack of sliced hams and the socalled 'Margrethe ham slice' - courtesy Martin C at the Scandinavian Royal Messages Board
Old 04-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary: Billed-Bladet - Mary til galla i sin røde drøm af en kjole
Queen Margrethe: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...e%20aften.aspx
Princess Marie: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...l%20galla.aspx

Old 04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Nobility

I dindn't like Marie's dress either. But I'm really looking forward to Friday. I think it's going to be even better than yesterday, also because other Royals are attending =)

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Could someone summarize what is said in the youtube video? They all seem to think it's very funny.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think that Marie's and Mary's parents also are invited?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Her Majesty looks absolutely stunning as does her sister in dramatic blue. The Crown Princess is very elegant and Marie has disappointed me in that dress. The long sleeves ruin the look. Now to look forward to more galas. I was hoping that Queen Anne Marie would attend tonight.
At least Marie wore a new dress. That's half the fun of these galas seeing new evening gowns and, hopefully, new or rarely seen jewelry.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Marie should learn how to wear a sash ! beatiful necklace a loan or a present ?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

another gallery from msn.dk
link
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
this is a good question, looking at the photos i notice that each of them sit in different tables, i mean like Mary in one table and Frederik in aanother the same for Joachim and Marie, i wonder why? what about the othr royals? i notice too that in front of Mary and Fred is a man with a long stick and a crown on top, sorry i do not know how do you call this, the same with the Queen, Anyone knows the meaning of this man beeing in front of them?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

both the queen and cp mary looks great..even the men are dashing but i agree with some posters that princess marie's dress is not flattering..she's a good looking girl and has a good figure, i wonder why she chose that dress? i hope somebody can also point out what the jewels and tiaras they are wearing...thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
No. they where not on the Guestlist. The gala yesterday was for the official Denmark, those members of Parliament etc where invited. Perhaps we will them at the Toyal Theatre or at the Fredensborg Gala.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Leuteheute.de has a short report about the festivity of yesterday:

Knigin Margrethes Geburtstags-Woche - Leute heute - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Pics from hola!

Galer*a de imágenes - Foto 1 - Primera gran fiesta de cumpleaños en el palacio de Christianborg
Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Was hoping that Marie would have been given the family order to mark the occasion but apparently not. Also surprised and disappointed that Queen Anne-Marie didn't attend. I wonder why not on both counts.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Courtier

I have no thoughts on Marie, but the reason Anne-Marie didn't attend is because this dinner wasn't really a family occasion. It was an official dinner largely for government ministers. The family stuff is on the 15th and 16th (the evening at the theatre and the private dinner). Of course, all of Margrethe's other close relatives attended last night, but more as official representatives of Denmark than as the Queen's family. Anne-Marie is not at all an official representative of Denmark - unlike Benedikte, she isn't in the line of succession and no longer holds a Danish title.

Tags
birthday, celebration, margrethes birthday, qm birthday, queen margrethe, queens birthday