Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her Majesty looks absolutely stunning as does her sister in dramatic blue. The Crown Princess is very elegant and Marie has disappointed me in that dress. The long sleeves ruin the look. Now to look forward to more galas. I was hoping that Queen Anne Marie would attend tonight.

At least Marie wore a new dress. That's half the fun of these galas — seeing new evening gowns and, hopefully, new or rarely seen jewelry.

Marie should learn how to wear a sash ! beatiful necklace a loan or a present ?

Do you think that Marie's and Mary's parents also are invited?
this is a good question, looking at the photos i notice that each of them sit in different tables, i mean like Mary in one table and Frederik in aanother the same for Joachim and Marie, i wonder why? what about the othr royals? i notice too that in front of Mary and Fred is a man with a long stick and a crown on top, sorry i do not know how do you call this, the same with the Queen, Anyone knows the meaning of this man beeing in front of them?

both the queen and cp mary looks great..even the men are dashing but i agree with some posters that princess marie's dress is not flattering..she's a good looking girl and has a good figure, i wonder why she chose that dress? i hope somebody can also point out what the jewels and tiaras they are wearing...thanks

Do you think that Marie's and Mary's parents also are invited?
No. they where not on the Guestlist. The gala yesterday was for the official Denmark, those members of Parliament etc where invited. Perhaps we will them at the Toyal Theatre or at the Fredensborg Gala.

Was hoping that Marie would have been given the family order to mark the occasion but apparently not. Also surprised and disappointed that Queen Anne-Marie didn't attend. I wonder why not on both counts.

I have no thoughts on Marie, but the reason Anne-Marie didn't attend is because this dinner wasn't really a family occasion. It was an official dinner largely for government ministers. The family stuff is on the 15th and 16th (the evening at the theatre and the private dinner). Of course, all of Margrethe's other close relatives attended last night, but more as official representatives of Denmark than as the Queen's family. Anne-Marie is not at all an official representative of Denmark - unlike Benedikte, she isn't in the line of succession and no longer holds a Danish title.

this is a good question, looking at the photos i notice that each of them sit in different tables, i mean like Mary in one table and Frederik in aanother the same for Joachim and Marie, i wonder why? what about the othr royals? i notice too that in front of Mary and Fred is a man with a long stick and a crown on top, sorry i do not know how do you call this, the same with the Queen, Anyone knows the meaning of this man beeing in front of them?
Family members often acts as hosts/hostesses for tables and therefore are spread out among other guests. Thereby more guests will have someone "special" at their table.

The man with the stick is probably a master of ceremonies preceeding the royal couples and other special guests announcing their names upon entering the event.

Any British Royals attending any of the Festivities?

We will see Royals flocking in from everywhere today.

Flights cancelled due to volcano activities

Due to the activity of a volcano on Iceland the flights that usually cross this skyway were cancelled.

It's not sure if Crown Prince Haakon (who's currently in London, after returning from his visit to Qatar and UAE) will make it to the birthday celebrations.
Queen Sonja's flight has been cancelled as well.

I just read that many flights all over Europe (especially from northern Europe) were cancelled so it's likely there will be some more guests affected by this.

Sources:
All flytrafikk blir innstilt fra 10.00 - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no
Dronningen satt på bakken av vulkanskyen*|* TV 2 Nyhetene
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=10380019

Last edited:
Due to the activity of a volcano on Iceland the flights that usually cross this skyway were cancelled.

It's not sure if Crown Prince Haakon (who's currently in London, after returning from his visit to Qatar and UAE) will make it to the birthday celebrations.
Queen Sonja's flight has been cancelled as well.

I guess there will be some more guests affected by this.

Sources:
All flytrafikk blir innstilt fra 10.00 - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no
Dronningen satt på bakken av vulkanskyen*|* TV 2 Nyhetene

Haakon is still in Dubai btw.:)

Oh that darn vulcano,it spoils some.Queen Sonja will be present at her best friends birthday bash coute que coute I think.

No, Norwegian media reports he was on his way back from Dubai and is stuck in Heathrow now.

Oh yes,you're right I just saw it.Many,if not all flights,from Norway,the UK and several other cities in Europe to Copenhagen have been cancelled due to the vulcanic ashes.Apparently so has the flight of the Norwegian Royals from Oslo to Kobenhavn.
Can you confirm that yet HM?

It remains to be seen if Kastrup Airport Copenhagen will be open much longer due to this mess from Iceland

Last edited:
Can you confirm that yet HM?
Yes, that's true. Queen Sonja is supposed to attend tonight's gala anyway. I guess they will try to bring her to Denmark anyway (maybe by car and ship).
lucien said:
It remains to be seen if Kastrup Airport Copenhagen will be open much longer due to this mess from Iceland
It's really too bad.

Yes, that's true. Queen Sonja is supposed to attend tonight's gala anyway. I guess they will try to bring her to Denmark anyway (maybe by car and ship).

It's really too bad.

She won't miss her best friends birthday for anything in the world!Good.:)

Oh,so true,today of all days there's this mess.:sad:

I hope most other flights with Royal guests won't be affected by this.
As you say,really too bad.

Acoording to the Swedish calendar King Carl Gustav, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip will also attend tonight's gala. Does someone know is their flight has been cancelled as well?

Gallaforestilling i Det Kongelige Teater den 15. April 2010 kl. 20.00

I anledning af H.M. Dronningens 70-års fødselsdag afholdes Gallaforestilling i Det Kongelige teater den 15. april 2010 kl. 20.00.

Gæsteliste (tilgængelig kl.18.00)

Souper (tilgængelig kl. 15.00)

Blomsterudsmykning (tilgængelig kl. 15.00)

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

:previous: Here you can find it in English :flowers:

Acoording to the Swedish calendar King Carl Gustav, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip will also attend tonight's gala. Does someone know is their flight has been cancelled as well?
According to the list of departing flights from Stockholm no flights to Copenhagen have been cancelled (only flights to GB and Norway, as well as some domestically flights in Sweden).

Last edited:
:previous: Here you can find it in English :flowers:

According to the list of departing flights from Stockholm no flights to Copenhagen have been cancelled (only flights to GB and Norway, as well as some domestically flights in Sweden).
I think from Stockholm it should be not so a big problem. Perhaps they can use either a train or Cars. It's more a problem for those wo have a bigger distance.

Maybe CP Haakon will fly from France. (Taking the train from England)

Josette

The official calendar of the Norwegian Royals only says that they will attend tomorrow's dinner:
Anniversary of Queen Margrethe
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the 70th anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Margrethe of Denmark. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess will also be in attendance.
I don't know if Haakon was supposed to attend today's gala at all. Maybe only Queen Sonja was supposed to do so. The official calendar doesn't list any of the Norwegian Royals to attend tonight's gala (right from the beginning). Let's see...
I hope the Royals will (at least) make it to tomorrow's dinner. ;) The situation should be more calm tomorrow (MII's actual birthday and birthday gala).

Last edited:
Copenhagen Airport Kastrup will close at 18.00PM CET,GMT+1.

All will be OK if they all get to depart now,but most UK airports are...closed!:ermm:

Maybe CP Haakon will fly from France. (Taking the train from England)

Josette

Clever boy...but flights from Paris to Copenhagen have been seriously disrupted and cancelled too,
at least this morning as I checked they were,think that only will be worse later today.

HH.Hurry Haakon.:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
BB has an article & picture gallery from the stand up comedian and the Ham trick with QM
Click Here

Wonderful pictures from the events.
Didn't like Marie's gala dress.
It's a real shame about the flights to Denmark, i hope they can all attend the gala dinner. :)

It seems that most flights from Belgium and the Netherlands were also cancelled. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom