The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 04-18-2010, 05:32 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: damas, Syria
Posts: 2
Nice Gala

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Hello - just wanted to thank you for your contribution to the celebrations. It was nice hearing about some of your memories from your stay in Copenhagen so many years ago and your meeting with the queen.

Architectural colleages? Where you studying at Charlottenborg - close to the royal theater?


really thanks alot for all efforts to have thos great pics and links , it was nice Gala for the denmark royals :)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 04-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1 View Post
How-come the Spanish & Belgium royals were not there ?
http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblog...jhed-kron.html
__________________

__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 04-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 37
I would be grateful if someone can translate CP Frederick's speech on the night and a video link would be the icing on the cake!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 04-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 928
I´m looking desperately for videos of the royal birthday! I wouldn´t of course have it for free but pay for it. Or we could exchange (royal) videos). I´m especially interested in recordings of April 15th, the evening at the royal theatre - but everything else would be highly appreciated, too!
My email: Marlinus@web.de
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 04-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Ofelia's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A, Wallis and Futuna Islands
Posts: 66
Is there any official photos or group photos, like photos taken for King Harald's birthday 3 years ago?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 04-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vestfold, Norway
Posts: 149
I love all we have seen of this event, and especially the photos of all the crown prince couples walking together were great. They all looked fantastic. The Queen looks so happy and at ease.



When the Scandinavian royals speak among themselves they speak in their respective tongues, and I would imagine they speak in English when speaking with people outside of the Scandinavian countries.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 04-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 3
Maxima's dress during Queen M's birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I am Mette-Marit number one fan in the world but this time as far as outfits are concerned, my favourite is Maxima's... and the blue sapphires matching the dress... gorgeous
AHHH! The Maxima's dress is awful IMO ! It seems a table cloth!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 04-18-2010, 09:21 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,803
Well I kind of love this blue mixed with white.... it's a good thing everybody do not have the same tastes in clothes, we would be all dressed alike !
Mind you Mette-Marit outfit during all the celebrations were beautiful and suited her extremely.... and she was especially radiant which spoils nothing !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Princess Luna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Hahaha. I laughed when I saw this one.

Does anyone know Mette-Marit's height?? She seems to be pretty tall:)
I read somewhere that Mette Marit is 1.80 tall
__________________
~ I'm just coming down to earth. ~ Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, After announcement of her engagement to Prince Charles, February 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,476
Yes, there is.
When you recieve your invitation, your are informed of the dress code.
In this case, the gala dinner, for the official Denmark. The dress code is gala A or B. (The dinner at Christiansborg, with all the entertainment, was a sort of official event for the Monarch. The dinner at Fredensborg was a family event, only televised. And with representatives of the government present).
Long eventning dresses for the ladies and tuxedos or gala uniforms for gentlemen. (Should a lady be entitled to wear a uniform she can do so, but unless she is from the military or police that will be must unlikely).

That means that you as a civillian are required to wear your orders.
Members of the armed services and the police wear medals and civillian orders, not ribbons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i have a question, hope soembody can answer, after to see the photos, i wonder what it is the code for dressing, I mean, they are several gala events, all with tiaras, but some with sashes medals and the star broche(sorry i do not how is call) what make the difference? and i notice that victoria did not have a tiara in the last event?
Thank you for the links, Dierna

Well, all of us who are semi-fossilised know Cliff Richard.

De Nattergale = wordplay, meaning something like The Nightinggale-nutters.
They speak in a mix of English and Danglish with Jutlanding dialect. They gained pupularity from an adult christmas calendar which was aired on TV quite a few years ago. They show an episode from the 1.-24. December.
Queen Margrethe is a huge fan of them and they reformed on her special request.
The commentators mentioned several times that when the calendar was shown again a couple of years ago the entire court talked like them, from QMII down!

There was also a medley of hits throughout the period QMII has lived. Except for one none of the performers here got anywhere near the originals. I mean, really, they were not impressive. I sat and whished someone would get a grabbeling hook and put all of us out of the misery.

Then we had Ørkenens Sønner = Sons of the Desert. All four of them are leading actors and entertainers in their own right, and as you can tell, they can actually sing.
They have elevated sexual innuendos to an artform and you may notice a few smirked smiles among the audience as they sing an apparantly "innocent" medley of childrens songs. Innocent indeed, except in the order of how you sing the songs! Almost impossible to translate.

Prince Henrik is a huge fan of them and it's appears to his idea that they should perform. He actually attends their shows several times, when they are on the road. - And that means that his understanding of Danish is not only excellent but near perfect.
Even though he speak a pretty poor Danish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
A few videos from youtube.

(...)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 04-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Eliza's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 641
Happy blessed birthday to the Queen!
Thanks to all who posted the lovely pixs and short videos!
I don't speak danish, but i think the CP's speech must hve been rather touching or sweet cos Mary went over to give him a long kiss! that's was beautiful - does anyone who does speak danish provide a summary or translation of his speech?

Lastly, i was in denmark last summer and enjoyed myself very much!!! What a beautiful country it was and with such lovely people. I visted the palace and viewed at great lenght the tiara exhibit. I remember staring for a long time at the pearl tiara of the Queen and the moonlight tiara of CP Mary..now to see it on their heads brings back fond memories of my unforgettable holiday there! Plus it sort of got my hair standing know how close i was to those tiaras... :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 04-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,476
Sure, from memory and in general.

Rather than writing a summary I'll instead write my impression of the speech.
It was a very warm speech by Frederik.
It was not a praise of the Queen, it was a praise of his mother. He talked about how he could understand now, how difficult it must have been for QMII to suddenly become a Monarch, despite having two small sons.
It's no secret that Frederik's childhood was not entirely happy and that he to a large extent felt neglected by his parents. - Who were busy, something he could now understand and relate to.
Nevertheless he also told about how QMII read aloud stories for them in the evening. Tolkien was read no less than three times! Aaand with all the voices, gestures, visualisations and drawings the Queen could add to the story. (*)
He talked about Frederik IX, QMII's father, and the very close bonds there were between father and daughter. He quoted his grandfather (morfar) for once having said to her: "Well done, my girl" and as a son he would repeat those words: "Well done".
It was a speech from the heart.
Delieved without the insecurity and stumbling over the words that so often is the case when Frederik is speaking.
It was also a speech based upon the reflections of a mature man.

No wonder Mary hugged him. I think she must have been very moved indeed. Especially as Mary in one of the documentaries about the DRF spoke how deep an emotional impression it made on her, when she saw a picture of a greif stricken QMII beign proclaimed Queen on the the balcony of Christiansborg in 1972.

(*) I wish I had her abillity to tell stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
Happy blessed birthday to the Queen!
Thanks to all who posted the lovely pixs and short videos!
I don't speak danish, but i think the CP's speech must hve been rather touching or sweet cos Mary went over to give him a long kiss! that's was beautiful - does anyone who does speak danish provide a summary or translation of his speech?

Lastly, i was in denmark last summer and enjoyed myself very much!!! What a beautiful country it was and with such lovely people. I visted the palace and viewed at great lenght the tiara exhibit. I remember staring for a long time at the pearl tiara of the Queen and the moonlight tiara of CP Mary..now to see it on their heads brings back fond memories of my unforgettable holiday there! Plus it sort of got my hair standing know how close i was to those tiaras... :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 04-18-2010, 12:09 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Yes, there is.
When you recieve your invitation, your are informed of the dress code.
In this case, the gala dinner, for the official Denmark. The dress code is gala A or B. (The dinner at Christiansborg, with all the entertainment, was a sort of official event for the Monarch. The dinner at Fredensborg was a family event, only televised. And with representatives of the government present).
Long eventning dresses for the ladies and tuxedos or gala uniforms for gentlemen. (Should a lady be entitled to wear a uniform she can do so, but unless she is from the military or police that will be must unlikely).

That means that you as a civillian are required to wear your orders.
Members of the armed services and the police wear medals and civillian orders, not ribbons.
thank youo much for the explanation, do you know if we can buy the souvenir of the birthday the light blue ribbon with the queen medal?
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
ursulajohanna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,213
No infos and pics departure of the Swedish royal family?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,476
You are welcome.

The commemoration medal? No. - At least not for some years. Some may eventually show up in antique stores.

You can buy coins commemorating her birthday. Royal Danish Mint // Commemorative coins // Web document // Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II's 70th birthday

Or stamps. Dr. Margrethe II 70 år

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
thank youo much for the explanation, do you know if we can buy the souvenir of the birthday the light blue ribbon with the queen medal?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 04-18-2010, 12:42 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are welcome.

The commemoration medal? No. - At least not for some years. Some may eventually show up in antique stores.

You can buy coins commemorating her birthday. Royal Danish Mint // Commemorative coins // Web document // Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II's 70th birthday

Or stamps. Dr. Margrethe II 70 år
thank you so much!!!!!
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 04-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Sure, from memory and in general.

Rather than writing a summary I'll instead write my impression of the speech.
It was a very warm speech by Frederik.
It was not a praise of the Queen, it was a praise of his mother. He talked about how he could understand now, how difficult it must have been for QMII to suddenly become a Monarch, despite having two small sons.
It's no secret that Frederik's childhood was not entirely happy and that he to a large extent felt neglected by his parents. - Who were bust, somehing he could now understand and relate to.
Nevertheless he also told about how QMII read aloud stories for them in the evening. Tolkien was read no less than three times! Aaand with all the voices, gestures, visualisations and drawings the Queen could add to the story. (*)
He talked about Frederik IX, QMII's father, and the very close bonds there were between father and daughter. He quoted his grandfather (morfar) for once having said to her: "Well done, my girl" and as a son he would repeat those words: "Well done".
It was a speech from the heart.
Delieved without the insecurity and stumbling over the words that so often is the case when Frederik is speaking.
It was also a speech based upon the reflections of a mature man.

No wonder Mary hugged him. I think she must have been very moved indeed. Especially as Mary in one of the documentaries about the DRF spoke how deep an emotional impression it made on her, when she saw a picture of a greif stricken QMII beign proclaimed Queen on the the balcony of Christiansborg in 1972.

(*) I wish I had her abillity to tell stories.
Thank you Muhler and welcome to the board! Thank you for providing us with translations as a Dane yourself.

I especially thank you for your post above as there have been one or two posters here and at other message boards who think that CP Mary drew attention from the Queen to herself by kissing and hugging her husband! Some feel that it was just a personal moment between the Queen and CP Frederik and Mary's action was inappropriate! As if anyone can upstage the majestic and very regal Queen of Denmark!

However, the Queen has declared herself in her 70th birthday interviews that it is because of CP Mary and Frederik's happiness in his marriage that has allowed the Queen and Frederik to become closer. Mary was the catalyst that began the closer relationship that now exists between the Queen and her son. We can't speak of the closeness between the Queen and the Crown Prince without crediting CP Mary's influence.

Muhler...since you have provided translations so far...can you provide the translation of the Queen's interview on this issue? I think it would give a significant insight of the Queen's relationship with CP Frederik and CP Mary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 04-18-2010, 01:51 PM
ahtikavalentine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Medellin, Colombia
Posts: 521
Well, I think Mary felt moved by her husband speech, and for a emotional woman it means true love from a son to his mother, and why not, to his own wife; maybe she reflect herself couple of years later and maybe saw prince Christian saying something like that to her. I think it was a nice gesture but laugh a lot after Prince Frederick face.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,355
Still some photos:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,476
You are most welcome. It's very encouraging to recieve positive feedback.

As for QMII's very interesting interview, I need to clear that with the moderators on this forum first as I'm not sure how to deal with that yet.

But Terri Terri, old friend, you know where to find the interview, right?

Sufficient to say that QMII holds Mary in very high regard indeed - aaand at the same time she thrash the odd reporter who gets a bit too cocky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Thank you Muhler and welcome to the board! Thank you for providing us with translations as a Dane yourself.

I especially thank you for your post above as there have been one or two posters here and at other message boards who think that CP Mary drew attention from the Queen to herself by kissing and hugging her husband! Some feel that it was just a personal moment between the Queen and CP Frederik and Mary's action was inappropriate! As if anyone can upstage the majestic and very regal Queen of Denmark!

However, the Queen has declared herself in her 70th birthday interviews that it is because of CP Mary and Frederik's happiness in his marriage that has allowed the Queen and Frederik to become closer. Mary was the catalyst that began the closer relationship that now exists between the Queen and her son. We can't speak of the closeness between the Queen and the Crown Prince without crediting CP Mary's influence.

Muhler...since you have provided translations so far...can you provide the translation of the Queen's interview on this issue? I think it would give a significant insight of the Queen's relationship with CP Frederik and CP Mary.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
birthday, celebration, margrethes birthday, qm birthday, queen margrethe, queens birthday


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
70th birthday celebrations of Queen Sonja norwegianne King Harald and Queen Sonja 277 07-22-2011 07:35 PM
Prince Henrik's 70th Birthday Celebrations: June 10-11, 2004 Theilmann Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik 13 03-30-2010 02:40 AM
70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V. of Norway Her_Majesty King Harald and Queen Sonja 883 10-17-2009 02:25 PM
King Juan Carlos's 70th Birthday Celebrations: January 5, 2008 lula King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 107 02-11-2008 09:25 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]