The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Commoner

he stepped on his sister's train outside too.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Userdane , Thanks for your long and clever answer.
I am happy your Queen is so popular in her country , 50.000 people around Amalienburg is a lot. I was in Copenhagen in 2005 when the Queen was in France/Caix and realised how popular your royals are. I remember visiting Amalienburg , I saw the late King Frederick's desk with pictures of Queen Queen Ingrid and his 3 daughters , really a happy family .

Queen Margarethe , Queen Elisabeth and Queen Beatrix are real professionnals , reigning since years without any mistake.
I apologize my bad english but I am happy for you. This week we had in Belgium Crown-Prince Philippe 's 50th birthday and it was not even at the frontpage of my newspaper.
You're welcome Maria-Olivia
As Maura says in her post, the most remarkable thing about queen Margrethe is not so much the number of pro-monarchist, but the respect even the non-monachists have for her.

Such a shame that prince Phillippe's 50th had no media coverage. There are lots of people, outside Belgium as well, who would love to see and hear more of him and his lovely wife.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Gentry

Could someone post pics of princess nathalie on the third event, please? I think I saw her in one pic, it was from a distance, but I think she wore a blue dress, i'm not sure ..
And also, could somebody please post the translations of the speeches? it would be really nice!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Courtier

here is Princess Nathalie:

http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=81338&imagenr=61&page=61
Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

i have a question, hope soembody can answer, after to see the photos, i wonder what it is the code for dressing, I mean, they are several gala events, all with tiaras, but some with sashes medals and the star broche(sorry i do not how is call) what make the difference? and i notice that victoria did not have a tiara in the last event?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Courtier

The banquet looks like lots of fun and the Queen seems to be enjoying herself. I hope she enjoyed the day
Old 04-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Seems the whole event was a great success. Everyone seemed happy and in a party mood. The ladies all looked lovely, I thought.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Courtier

How-come the Spanish & Belgium royals were not there ?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

In response to someone's question, about how all the royals speak to each other since they all come from different countries -- I would assume they all speak English with one another, as it's a common language they all share. All of the royals in Europe are for the most part, pretty fluent in English. It would be easier than trying to learn each others' native tongues for the few events each year where they're all together.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1 View Post
The volcano ash!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1 View Post
I think belgium royals were celebrating the 50 years of the prince Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
The volcano ash!
Oh yes, and also the flights that were cancelled by the volcano....But they could be going by train...idk, it's just a thought
Old 04-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Aristocracy

There is a series of funny photos from Billed Bladet on the theatre night.
Please proceed further down the homepage to the article: 'Funny...'
Google Translate
Old 04-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

really fuuny, thank you so much for sharing!!!! i love it!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Ladies in Waiting I think, as Caroline and Tanja are sat with them.
Thank you. I didn't even think to zoom in on them, but once I did I could see their ribbons. I don't know the ettiquette of the theater - is this the normal placement for Ladies in Waiting? I would've thought maybe the Crown Prince couple would use the other box, and that maybe the LiW would sit near their respective....(?)
Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I would've thought maybe the Crown Prince couple would use the other box, and that maybe the LiW would sit near their respective....(?)
Well, I think is not necessarily, because this is not a 'work day', it is a celebration, they are guests as everybody else
Old 04-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Royal Highness

Still, it seems like seating them in a box gives them preference over the other royals in the balcony. Or is the seating preference done in a counter-clockwise fashion according to rank, starting with the Queen in her box and ending with the Ladies in Waiting in the other box? I noticed that the Crown Prince & Princess were to the Queen's right at the start of the first row of balcony seating. I'd be curious to know what the etiquette is to seat so many royals at the theater.

And has the volcanic ash cloud impeded the departure of any of the royals? I know several royal families were detained in their arrival by the travel restrictions .
Old 04-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks very much for your help. Great of you that you publish this two sreen shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
here you go imageshack album dress+ tiara
sorry for a bad quality, but when I zoomed the video get this
there is no front view, because they were filmed this way all the time
Old 04-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Courtier

The photos were amazing. I loved MM white dress during the lunch reception. Mary's gowns were lovely. Marie's not so. All were somewhat a wrong choice for her (first - too huge on her, 2nd - bad quality and 3rd - looks like a nightgown). The jewels were overwhelming! The Queen looks truly happy celebrating her birthday. Too bad Belgium and Spain were not able to attend the celebration. The train may not be an option for them like the Dutch royals. Is Denmark accessible by train for the Spanish royals? I think it's too far if in case it is accessible unlike the case of the Dutch royals. I think Belgium is nearest to travel by train but they were celebrating Philippe's 50th birthday so I reckon they won't be attending the remaining festivities. I sure hope ALL royal families will represent the next biggest royal congregation on June 19th (Victoria's wedding). That would be quite a splendid event!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Hermanson View Post
I lived in Copenhagen (1965) right after I graduated from college in the US. During my initial stay I saw her father on the balcony of the royal palace upon his birthday.
Several years later I met Queen Margette at a reception in Copenhagen in 1984 celebrating the Danish Institute for Study Abroad Program's( DIS) celebration. She was most gracious and greeted me and my fellow architectural colleagues with great enthusiasm. I was deeply impressed.
I also observed that she was born shortly after the invasion in 1940. My father served in the war from London at that time. He survived. Those days were very difficult for everyone, even the Royal Family in Copenhagen, I'm sure.
My very best wishes to Her Majesty on the 70th Anniversary of her birth.
Sincerely and with great admiration for the Danes and their spirit.

Robert D. Hermanson, AIA
Professor Emeritus, U. Of Utah
USA
Hello - just wanted to thank you for your contribution to the celebrations. It was nice hearing about some of your memories from your stay in Copenhagen so many years ago and your meeting with the queen.

Architectural colleages? Where you studying at Charlottenborg - close to the royal theater?

Tags
birthday, celebration, margrethes birthday, qm birthday, queen margrethe, queens birthday