The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Can I just say that I truly enjoy seeing the pictures of Victoria with Daniel along the other royal couples. For so long, she was the odd woman out when attending these royal gatherings. Although she often traveled with her parents and siblings. It does a heart good to see her as part of an official couple.

Thanks to all for the pictures. I must say all the royal ladies look great. I love MM's hair. How sassy! How lovely of Mary to rewear a dress, thus the attention is on the birthday girl. And what lovely comments that the Queen said about Mary and Frederik....as well as Frederik's words to his mother. Too often words of gratitude and thanks are given when the person is no longer with us. How lucky that they get to share this now.

Happy Birthday to Queen Margrethe!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the first time I agree with everything you say Zonk. Very nice for a start!

Cheers

Old 04-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Also, I do wish Daniel would get some new glasses. The ones he has make him totally unattractive.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Nobility

All the one is beautiful, thanks for that and also the information of the tiara from Maxima, I had this one not ever seen to her, but Margriet too. pic of the group is very great!!!!The future.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I am Mette-Marit number one fan in the world but this time as far as outfits are concerned, my favourite is Maxima's... and the blue sapphires matching the dress... gorgeous
Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Also, I do wish Daniel would get some new glasses. The ones he has make him totally unattractive.
I totally agree!!

Thank you all for pics!!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
I totally agree!!

Thank you all for pics!!
I double and triple agree! Those glasses are not good. A little geeky to me.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Each and every one of the royal ladies looked magnificent tonight. However, I have to give major props to Mette Marit who FINALLY put it all together in a fabulous manner! I wonder if she used Mary's stylist!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Mette Marit was absolutely stunning, followed by Máxima and Mary. I didn't like Princess Victoria dress, she looks like a zebra, but was so happy that I can easyly forget her.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such a wonderful group of photos! Thanks to all! Maxima looks stunning, dress is interesting but the sapphires... The Oranges have such an amazing collection. Mary looks wonderful even though the tiara is not my favorite. The birthday girl is fantastic,,,of course! Marie oh Marie I just won't go there! Why does Mary's LIW get to wear a tiara and is it hers? MM gets one of my faves for the night. She has looked beautiful!!! Chin-Chin my friends!!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Serene Highness

I agree Maxima looks stunning! That royal blue is great on her. I didn't care for Alexia's dress though I think I have seen it more times than I care for. Happy Birthday to the Queen!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Courtier

idk if someone has posted this before, however, i will do it:

Danish Queen's 70th Birthday*Photos - CBS News
Old 04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
What's with Victoria and these same dresses??
On what occassion did she wear the black striped dress?

Even the birthday girl did recycle a dress for the first evening of the festivities. Royal do not get new dresses for every event.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Courtier

and also princess Mary did.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
are there any picz
The thread is full of them,just look,and there are these:

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

And today we will see how everybody gets home again.The dutch Royals have their train
and they probably have the Luxembourg Royals with them back to the Netherlands and home
from there as all airspace is still closed.

Also,it remains to be seen how many Heads of State and other dignitaries will be able to travel to Poland sunday.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Nobility

I'm a fan of Queen Margrethe although I rarely post. I always find her to be cheery and often smiling. To me she carries herself well in enthronement. I marvel at her beauty and cannot believe she is now turning seventy. Honestly she is breathtaking to me.

The festivities gathered so many people and I only wish I could be more closer as when the Queen arrived in horse carriage. I wish I could be as one there to simply look upon, root and honor the Danish galore. It was nice to follow all that went on throughout these days. There were many times when they all dressed to the mark... so very glamorous and all so pretty. May they remain to love the glory so.

I wish her Majesty smiles, knowingness, and devine trust. Happy Birthday to the chosen one. Hip Hip Hooray!!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
On what occassion did she wear the black striped dress? Even the birthday girl did recycle a dress for the first evening of the festivities. Royal do not get new dresses for every event.
I think CrownPrincess5 is referring to the fact the two dresses Crown Princess Victoria wore this week had the same horizontal, layered, off-the-shoulder design. And she wore the black and white for a set of recently released portraits with Daniel.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Courtier

Thank you to everyone for posting photos. I love these occasion where everyone can get together and celebrate. Some gorgeous fashion and very exciting birthday celebrations!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery:
IBL Bildbyrå
Gallery from Thursday:
PurePeople: La reine Margrethe de Danemark, rayonnante, poursuit les festivités... entachées par un très ennuyeux incident !

Queen Sonja and Daniel Westling:
SvenskDam
Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I think Maxima is the best put together tonight.
Quote:
Maxima's... and the blue sapphires matching the dress... gorgeous
i agree! i loved how what maxima chose for tonight, the pattern of the dress is lovely and the saphired matching - delightful. she looked amazing.

MM - i don't think it's a surprise, i think she can look really good, particularly for gala events she doesn't normally fail.

victoria - i'm so glad to see her with daniel as well. she looks truly happy.

Quote:
Why does Mary's LIW get to wear a tiara and is it hers? MM gets one of my faves for the night. She has looked beautiful!!! Chin-Chin my friends!!
if caroline wore a tiara, it is of her own collection. she doesn't get to wear the royal tiaras. btw, do we have a picture of her?

where can we read the speeches of frederik and henrik to margrethe?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all

Tags
birthday, celebration, margrethes birthday, qm birthday, queen margrethe, queens birthday