Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a very beautiful night indeed. I want to wish QM many happy returns!!!! :flowers:

I noticed that nobody represented the royal families of Spain, UK, Greece, German, Belgium and Monaco. Does anybody know why?! :confused:

I noticed that nobody represented the royal families of Spain, UK, Greece, German, Belgium and Monaco. Does anybody know why?! :confused:
The Spanish and the Belgian Royal couples didn't make it to Denmark due to the cancelled flights caused by the activities of the volcano on Iceland.
Greece was represented by the ex-royal couple. ;)

The Spanish and the Belgian Royal couples didn't make it to Denmark due to the cancelled flights caused by the activities of the volcano on Iceland.
And Princess Alexia..;)

Thanks for updating me! :flowers: I had thought the same: No flights due to the volcano.:cool: But I see Haakon made it there at last!

thanks for the pictures!

the best of today:

during the lunch, the best was victoria. just lovely in her simple little white dress.

maxima arriving to the station: so chic even after such a long train journey!

marie's lovely black gown

the picture of the future kings and queens of the netherlands, norway, sweden and denmark together (and don't all the ladies look delightful!)

the worse:

who did MM's make up? it looks ridiculous to me!

I like the Queen Anne Marie of Greece but I see very changed to the Princess Alexia......

the picture of the future kings and queens of the netherlands, norway, sweden and denmark together (and don't all the ladies look delightful!)

Without a doubt the best pic of the night. The decision to walk in sted of driving was just perfect....:lol:

Except the Queen's speech, is there the translation of the other speeches?

Wonderful birthday, I was missing this royals-all-together events. Such a shame that the Kings of Spain and the Princes of Belgium couldn't make it!
Thank you all for info and photos :flowers:

i know this is a private gala, but do you think we will get an official picture of everyone together?

I think Maxima is the best put together tonight.

Can I just say that I truly enjoy seeing the pictures of Victoria with Daniel along the other royal couples. For so long, she was the odd woman out when attending these royal gatherings. Although she often traveled with her parents and siblings. It does a heart good to see her as part of an official couple.

Thanks to all for the pictures. I must say all the royal ladies look great. I love MM's hair. How sassy! How lovely of Mary to rewear a dress, thus the attention is on the birthday girl. And what lovely comments that the Queen said about Mary and Frederik....as well as Frederik's words to his mother. Too often words of gratitude and thanks are given when the person is no longer with us. How lucky that they get to share this now.

Happy Birthday to Queen Margrethe!

This is the first time I agree with everything you say Zonk. Very nice for a start! :flowers:

Cheers

Also, I do wish Daniel would get some new glasses. The ones he has make him totally unattractive.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the one is beautiful, thanks for that and also the information of the tiara from Maxima, I had this one not ever seen to her, but Margriet too. pic of the group is very great!!!!The future.

I am Mette-Marit number one fan in the world but this time as far as outfits are concerned, my favourite is Maxima's... and the blue sapphires matching the dress... gorgeous

Each and every one of the royal ladies looked magnificent tonight. However, I have to give major props to Mette Marit who FINALLY put it all together in a fabulous manner! I wonder if she used Mary's stylist!:ohmy:

Mette Marit was absolutely stunning, followed by Máxima and Mary. I didn't like Princess Victoria dress, she looks like a zebra, but was so happy that I can easyly forget her.

Such a wonderful group of photos! Thanks to all! Maxima looks stunning, dress is interesting but the sapphires...:D The Oranges have such an amazing collection. Mary looks wonderful even though the tiara is not my favorite. The birthday girl is fantastic,,,of course! Marie oh Marie I just won't go there! Why does Mary's LIW get to wear a tiara and is it hers? MM gets one of my faves for the night. She has looked beautiful!!! Chin-Chin my friends!!;)

Back
Top Bottom