The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two more nice galleries of the ballet performance in Næstved on May 13,
including some larger pics of Isabella and Christian

** Typical Margrethe ** Isabella 1 ** Isabella 2 ** Isabella 3 ** Christian **

** purepeople: Margrethe de Danemark : Une dernière danse devant Christian et Isabella **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Kuningatar Margareetan tanssiharrastus **

And here's an article from Spanish Hola:

** Los príncipes Christian e Isabella, los mayores fans de su abuela, la reina Margarita ** translation **

Old 05-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

Yes, that is indeed a typical Margrethe
What's a poor Queen to do when she needs a fag? Well, join the rest of the addicts outside.

It seems like dancing ballet on a weekly basis is a good way to stay in shape. She is 70+, has had two knee replacements and she can still fit the dresses of her youth. That's pretty impressive by any standard.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Thanks, Iceflower

Yes, that is indeed a typical Margrethe
What's a poor Queen to do when she needs a fag? Well, join the rest of the addicts outside.

It seems like dancing ballet on a weekly basis is a good way to stay in shape. She is 70+, has had two knee replacements and she can still fit the dresses of her youth. That's pretty impressive by any standard.
Agree! There are also those who say that you gain weight when you stop smoking; perhaps the Prince Consort has kicked the habit?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Agree! There are also those who say that you gain weight when you stop smoking; perhaps the Prince Consort has kicked the habit?
True, the same thing if you stop drinking. It's so easy to replace one addiction with another.
Then he can join AC, Anonymous Chubbies. "Hi, I'm Henri. I'm a calorie-addict too"....

Only half kidding actually. I do believe in calorie-addiction, and it ought to be approached as an addiction.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

A gallery from BT of QMII at the dress rehersal for the Christmas ballet in Tivoli: Margrethe nød sine nye kostumer til Tivolis juleballet | www.bt.dk

QMII has played a very active role in setting up that ballet.
The ballet is the Nut Cracker.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Loved the photos, she looks very passionate about the rehearsals, she really gets into it. Loved the clear closeups of her gold flower basket brooch with cabochon sapphires and rubies.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Billed-Bladet has published a video of Queen Margrethe at the presentation:

** BB: Video - Dronning Margrethe til prøve på Nøddeknækkeren ** translation **

!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Excerpts from article in Billed Bladet #42, 2012.
Jeg kunne ikke sige nej - I couldn't say no.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

This is the biggest project yet, where QMII has been in charge of costumes and settings.
The ballet The Nutcracker will premiere on 22 November. The fairy tale will take place in Tivoli and will also feature H. C. Andersen. (*)
QMII ws quickly persuaded:
"I thought to myself: You are out of your mind. But I couldn't say no. It was way too exciting and the challenge was too big.
The Nutcracker is the biggest performance I have made until now. It has taken up a good deal of space in my life and a I have spend quite some time by drawing costumes and settings. Mentall it has also taken up space. Because when you have accepted such a task it churns around in one's head. But it has been fun, yes, it has really been amusing".

Q: You had a small role yourself in the movie The Wild Swans. Will we also see you on stage in the Nutcracker?
QMII: "No, you certainly won't. You can rest very easy". (Laughing).

She goes on about the actual story to this ballet: "I was allowed to take part as a sparring partner and to join in in creating the story with Peter Bo Bendixen, who is choeographer and Henrik Lyding who is dramaturg. I have probebly been a headache (pain in the butt) like no one else for the rest of them, but I think we have reached something good.
One always think that those ideas your have yourself are irresistable. But we have discussed them throughly to see whether they really were so good as one thought. That applies to me as to anyone else".

Q: How do you take critisism?
QMII: "I actually don't know. But I'm more or less tough I think".

(*) He would have appreciated that! H.C. Andersen was a man who very much craved attention.
There is an anecdote about him at a dinner. A some point the general coversation wasn't about him, so he "fell ill". Then the focus was on him again, - where it ought to be.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, November 15, Queen Margrethe attended a press conference in connection with the performance of "The Nutcracker" at the Tivoli in Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** bt.dk gallery ** galleri.tv2.dk: GALLERI: Dronningen og Nøddeknækkeren **

** BB article and interview: Nervøs dronning klar til balletpremiere ** translation **
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Majesty

Danish Queen Designs "Nutcracker" Costumes:
Danish Queen Designs "Nutcracker" Costumes --NTDTV.org
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Nobility

am so looking forward to the reviews of this production!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

I'm actually going to see The Nutcracker in Tivoli this year, I can't wait to see the Queen's costumes in action.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

I´m sooooo jealous, ´cause my little (well, big he turned 12 this year) nephew and my parents are going to see it. It´s a tradition at christmas :)
Old 01-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Commoner

As a huge ballet fan (as well as a huge fan of QMII) I'd have loved to have seen this Nutcracker. There are always loads of productions of the Nutcracker over here in the UK at Christmas time but from what I've read it doesn't seem to be part of the ballet tradition in Denmark? This is a link to an article in one of our national newspapers The Telegraph re the production and the Queen's role: Danish Queen brings a fairytale prince to life - Telegraph

Mind you, as a librarian myself I'm not particularly happy about the stereotypical description but I suppose I should be used to it.
What were the reviews like of it in Denmark? It seemed good to me that they'd given it a Danish twist.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I'm actually going to see The Nutcracker in Tivoli this year, I can't wait to see the Queen's costumes in action.
Happy New Year! Are you sufficiently recovered from your Nutcracker experience to share with the rest of us who are longing to hear about what we could not see!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, June 19, Queen Margrethe was at the Tivoli in Copenhagen as she has designed new costumes for the play "The Steadfast Tin Soldier".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** bt.dk gallery **
Old 02-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Gentry

Lord of the Rings

QMII's illustrations for Tolkien's Lord of the Rings was done under the pseudonym 'Ingahild Grathmer' - if you google that name you should be able to see more of her illustrations.

I wonder if her passion for archeology deserves a thread of it's own. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	291130  
Old 06-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, June 19, Queen Margrethe was at the Tivoli in Copenhagen as she has designed new costumes for the play "The Steadfast Tin Soldier".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** bt.dk gallery **
Very clever costumes!!
I like the fact that Margrethe II uses such bold colors!
They are cheerful to view.

Tags
art works, artist, margrethe, margrethe ii, queen margrethe