The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Margrethe Summer Tour aboard the Dannebrog: June & September 2016

QMII will this year do the Summer Cruise aboard DANNEBROG alone.

The program is:

Summer Cruise I

1.-2. juni
​QMII will visit Lolland Municipality

3.-4. juni
QMII will visit Varde Municipality

Visit to the Faroe Islands

13.-16. juni
QMII will visit the Faroe Islands

Summer Cruise, part II

5.-6. september
QMII will visit Odsherred Municipality

7. september
QMII will visit Favrskov Municipality

8.-9. september
QMII will visit Langeland Municipality

H.M. Dronningens sommertogter med Kongeskibet Dannebrog i 2016 | Kongehuset - Forside

Old 04-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Majesty

Will she be accompanied by F&M in the absence of the Consort?

Old 04-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

There´s no information so far about that, muriel. I hope they do, but only time will show :)
Old 04-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Majesty

A BB video of QMII boarding Dannebrog for the season: VIDEO: Dronning Margrethe trodsede regnen | BILLED-BLADET

Today QMII officially boarded Danneborg for the season and as you can see the weather was pretty terrible. (We had snow this weekend BTW) In fact when the driver opened the door for QMII the door actually slammed shut, so it was a luck she hadn't a leg or a hand injured.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Looks like a terribly wet day in Copenhagen1

Here are some photos from PPE

PPE Agency
Old 04-27-2016, 05:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Looks like a terribly wet day in Copenhagen
We do have terrible weather in CPH at the moment. It all started with the death of Prince. Sometimes it snows in April But let´s hope for better weather during summer

I don´t know if you know this poem but the Norwegian poet Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson wrote "April for me I choose!". Notice the last sentence

"April for me I choose!
In it the old things tumble,
In it things new refresh us;
It makes a mighty rumble,-
But peace is not so precious
As that his will man shows.

April for me I choose,
Because it storms and scourges,
Because it smiles and blesses,
Because its power purges,
Because it strength possesses,-
In it the summer grows."
Old 06-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Part 1 of this year's summer tour has started in Lolland Municipality today, June 1st!

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Sommertogt i Lolland Kommune **

** kendte.dk gallery: Se billederne: Smuk dronning modtaget på Lolland **

** dr.dk gallery: BILLEDER Dronning Margrethe begynder sit sommertogt i Nakskov **

** BB: VIDEO: Dronning Margrethe overrasker med håndtryk i Nakskov ** translation **
Old 06-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

thank you
She looks fantastic

Here are more links to her program and a beautiful picture of the ship (may they always use it)
H.M. Dronningens sommertogter 2016 | Kongehuset
Send billeder til Kongehuset | Kongehuset
Old 06-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

photos from the second day have been added to this gallery
Sommertogt i Lolland Kommune | Kongehuset

lovely Queen
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/f...?itok=SDrZ6R6U
Old 06-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

video of the Dannebrog arriving Friday morning to Kolding Harbour,
Kongeskibet Dannebrog ankommer til Kolding Havn | Kongehuset
so beautiful

photos from day 3
Sommertogt i Varde Kommune | Kongehuset

this picture from their Instagram is really pretty of the Queen
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGMRkgjp...danskekongehus
Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Margrethe today paid a visit to Varde in Jutland during the annual summer cruise.

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 06-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

During a visit to a school, the Queen helped students pack some boxes for soldiers.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...70&__tn__=%2As
Old 06-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M. Queen Margrethe reviews the 'Home Guard Country Practice 2016' in Fredericia in Jutland.

PPE Agency
Old 06-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

the program for the Faeroe Islands visit has been published
Program for besøg på Færøerne | Kongehuset
Old 06-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2016.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Who observes that QMII has rarely been seen happier, fresher and more folksy than on this cruise.
This cruise also different from previous cruises in that there is extra time at each event, so less stress and more time to interact with people and really see what is going on. And also give QMII time to greet onlookers.

But lets have a look at some of the things she has been doing, in no partcular order.
She sampled wine made from cherries, which has now become an export success.
She visited a social housing estate, something QMII is not in habit of doing. The homes are specifically made for handicapped, people who have had various issues, elderly, ethnic minorities as well a families with children. And here she saw a painting on house made by the multi-artist, Leif Sylvester. And the two of them had a chat about art. Leif Sylvester, who is pretty left-wing admitted that even though he's not a royalist he believe QMII is a good Regent.
QMII also visited a care-home for particularly vulnerable people, i.e. people who are pretty much confined to a wheel-chair 24/7. And as many of them can hardly talk or move in response to QMII, she padded them lovingly on the arm.
A thing that really fascinated QMII was a piglet at an ecological farm. The two of them obviously developed a mutual sympathy. (Perhaps it reminds her of someone? )
But she also went to Dodekalitten. In Greek that means twelve stones and it consists of twelve huge stone figures. That is when they have been completed. On this day she inaugurated the fourth sculpture by cutting a ribbon using a pre-historic axe. (She would have enjoyed that!)
In the picturesque south-central Jutlandic town of Varde, she visited a tranquil botanical garden and went to a local museum to look at 2.000 year old archeological finds and here she got absorbed discussing the finds with the head of the museum.
While in the area she went up a bird-tower in the hope of seeing an eagle, but alas no eagle bothered to show up. (Eagles have returned big-time to DK!)
She also visited Sct. Jacobi School, where pupils were busy packing parcels with treats to soldiers stationed abroad. Including a letter. QMII put a monogrammed ball-pen into five or six of the parcels aa an extra little surprise to the soldiers. "It's really amusing and lovely that the school children are involved. I understood several of them have or have had a father, brother or someone who has been deployed... so they understand what it means.
And there is no doubt that it really, really means a lot to get a greeting from home in that way. Several times also with a little letter which one of the pupils have written".

- You'd think she was tired after such a day, right? Think again! She rushed off to the town of Kolding to see the exhibition of Faberge-jewellery at the castle Koldinghus.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2016.

Who observes that QMII has rarely been seen happier, fresher and more folksy than on this cruise.
This cruise also different from previous cruises in that there is extra time at each event, so less stress and more time to interact with people and really see what is going on. And also give QMII time to greet onlookers.
I don't think Queen M has always been this folksy and interacted with people?
Old 06-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Majesty

She hasn't.

Partly because I think she is uncomfortable with small-talk with ordinary people, but would be comfortable discussing French impressionists.
But she has become more relaxed over the years and she has clearly learned.

It was when Mary entered the scene that the DRF began to approach onlookers and shake hands and receive flowers and what not. Before that it was actually only elderly whom QMII greeted.
Otherwise she and indeed the rest of the DRF just went past, waving and smiling and that was it.
But looking at Mary and seeing that it didn't hurt the royal status, they including QMII, have loosened up and now interact with ordinary people with good results. Even if QMII is still a bit reserved, but I think that's more her personality.
PH in contrast has always been more open and approachable, but of course on cruises beforehand he couldn't break away to go chat with people.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This sounds like Queen Daisy has been having a marvelous summer so far and enjoys getting into the spirit of whatever it is that she's doing. So many interesting things to do and the time to enjoy it all to the max. I would love to see a picture of her with that piglet.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Here you go: https://app.box.com/s/zhfzkdy0j5kze9wpf5gyo1m5tl2ocgb4
https://app.box.com/s/1sqjs8w9lka20wwcbmlcbybq8exw1l7t

Pure love, eh?

From one of the galleries Iceflower kindly posted.

Perhaps they will replace the dachshunds with piglets? Should make an interesting change! Especially at Christmas...
Old 06-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Pigs are so cool and would be such fun for the children.

This summer tour is really hitting just about everything you can think of from art and culture to the needs of the people and the service personnel that are deployed. Margrethe seems to make it all look so easy and fun and in that respect, I think she's a lot like her buddy QEII in the stamina department. Grabbing life with both hands and getting the most out of it.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon