The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monterey, United States
Posts: 2,325
So when Frederik Becomes King will it be a pretty big event I Mean I Know the UK is better at that but his will be prety impressive?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,944

Frederik's enthronement will be just the same as his mothers. Depending on the circumstances around him becoming King depend on how lavish the events surrounding the enthronement will be.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

Frederik's enthronement will be just the same as his mothers. Depending on the circumstances around him becoming King depend on how lavish the events surrounding the enthronement will be.
After the appropriate mourning period, I should think (hope) the events surrounding Frederik's enthronement shall be full of pomp and ceremony. Though I hope Margrethe reigns for many years to come.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
After the appropriate mourning period, I should think (hope) the events surrounding Frederik's enthronement shall be full of pomp and ceremony. Though I hope Margrethe reigns for many years to come.

But if Frederik becomes King because of abdication, there would be no mourning period. I agree that the events will be lavish hopefully, but the enthronement or proclamation will be the same as Margrethe's?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,984
As with Elizabeth II, Margrethe II has stated that abdication is not an option. The only way Frederik will become King, is when his beloved mother passes from this life to the next. So a period of mourning will of course be observed.

It's forseeable that the proclamation will be much the same as Margrethe's was. A public announcement shall be made from the balcony of Christiansborg Palace by the Prime Minister of the day. Those in attendance (the crowds etc) will more than likely then cheer with a ninefold 'Hurrah'.

I'm certan, however, that various celebratory events (both on a national and select scale) shall take place and I expect many royal and princely families to partake on one or two occasions.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
It's forseeable that the proclamation will be much the same as Margrethe's was. A public announcement shall be made from the balcony of Christiansborg Palace by the Prime Minister of the day. Those in attendance (the crowds etc) will more than likely then cheer with a ninefold 'Hurrah'.
I'm certan, however, that various celebratory events (both on a national and select scale) shall take place and I expect many royal and princely families to partake on one or two occasions.
The procedure:
The new monarch is proclaimed from the balcony of the parliament building (Christiansborg). It happens on the morning after the death of the old monarch! The PM says three times, symbolically facing three compas directions*: "King (or Queen NN) is dead. Long live King NN (or Queen NN)".

Then the new monarch makes a short address and reveals his/hers motto!
The comes the ninefold hurrah!
There is also a state council meeting in connection with the proclamation.
It is very matter of fact !!

* Three directions, not four, or the PM would be facing the wall!

Viv
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,984
Thanks Viv for filling in the details...

It is very matter of fact isn't it. Nothing lavish about it's undertaking at all (given the circumstances for which one must inherit are anything but joyous, one can understand that the mood would be incredibly sombre).

I do confess though, that I would have LOVED it if Denmark still observed a coronation...
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Thanks Viv for filling in the details...

It is very matter of fact isn't it. Nothing lavish about it's undertaking at all (given the circumstances for which one must inherit are anything but joyous, one can understand that the mood would be incredibly sombre).
I do confess though, that I would have LOVED it if Denmark still observed a coronation...
Madame Royale, I vaguely remember Queen Margrethe's proclamation in 1972, and you're absolutely right, the atmosphere of the event was indeed "sombre" !

On second thought: I'm in doubt about the ninefold Hurrahs on this occasion; I don't think you shout "Hurrah" in a state of mourning!
Anyway, it's just a detail.

I'm no expert on entronements, but the Danish version has got to be the most low key of all existing monarchies! The Swedes are not making a big production out of it either, there's something about an oath, and if I remember correctly, the monarch is wearing some sort of insignia" !

Viv
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Madame Royale, I vaguely remember Queen Margrethe's proclamation in 1972, and you're absolutely right, the atmosphere of the event was indeed "sombre" !

On second thought: I'm in doubt about the ninefold Hurrahs on this occasion; I don't think you shout "Hurrah" in a state of mourning!
Anyway, it's just a detail.

I'm no expert on entronements, but the Danish version has got to be the most low key of all existing monarchies! The Swedes are not making a big production out of it either, there's something about an oath, and if I remember correctly, the monarch is wearing some sort of insignia" !

Viv
The proclamation if King CArl XVI. Gustaf in 1973 was quiet impressive. It took place in the Hall of STate of the Royal Palace in Stockholm and the King was seating on the Silver Throne on which was the hermelin placed. And next to the Throne the Crowns. But as it took place undeer the old Constitution (which was changed in 1974) it is impossible to know if Victoria's proclamation will be the same.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The proclamation if King CArl XVI. Gustaf in 1973 was quiet impressive. It took place in the Hall of STate of the Royal Palace in Stockholm and the King was seating on the Silver Throne on which was the hermelin placed. And next to the Throne the Crowns. But as it took place undeer the old Constitution (which was changed in 1974) it is impossible to know if Victoria's proclamation will be the same.
Thanks, Stefan!

and .. erm.. ..Denmark does take the price for the most low key enthronement in the world!

Viv
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Thanks, Stefan!

and .. erm.. ..Denmark does take the price for the most low key enthronement in the world!

Viv
But the one in Belgium for King Albert was also quiet low key. There the Royal Couple drove in an open Car to the Parliament where the King took the oath, then they drove back to the Royal Palace where the Royal Family appeared on the Balcony.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,139
next year will be 40 years since she become queen, will it be celebrated in any way do you think?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,287
I hope so Lots and lots of guests, beautiful gowns and tiaras
__________________
Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins.
Gary Lineker
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,266
Would be nice but i guess we will have to wait 10 years more for the Golden Jubilee. Her 30th and 20th anniversary where also not celebrated only the Silver Jubilee in 1997.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 AM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,059
I also think we have to wait another 11 years to celebrate her ascending the throne

But in just 6 years the Regent Couple can celebrate their 50th Wedding anniversary
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I also think we have to wait another 11 years to celebrate her ascending the throne

But in just 6 years the Regent Couple can celebrate their 50th Wedding anniversary
And in 3 years Prince Henrik turns 80.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And in 3 years Prince Henrik turns 80.
That´s right - I wonder he will get for presents Wasn´t it at his 70th birthday he got the scooter?
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,287
A real scooter? Or the golfcart?
__________________
Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins.
Gary Lineker
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
A real scooter? Or the golfcart?
A real scooter with numberplates on and everything

See here: SCOOTER-PRINSEN - Royale - BT.dk

http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/191/620...-prinsen--.jpg
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-09-2012, 09:34 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 4,837
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Splendor 101: Queen Margrethe's Accession
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
margrethe ii


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Margrethe II's Silver Jubilee; January 14th, 1997 Mandy Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik 11 09-30-2013 03:20 PM
Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2009 - May 2012 queenofthelight Archives 387 05-25-2012 06:54 AM
Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 3: January 2007 - August 2010 Mandy Current Events Archive 442 08-21-2010 02:45 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander olympic games picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess charlene daytime fashion princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]