Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Princess Marie Chantals pearl and diamond tiara has quite a history. The Dowager Empress Victoria of Prussia gave it to her daughter Sophie as a wedding gift in 1889 when she married Tino -Constantine Iof Greece. The tiara then passed to her daughter Helena Queen of Romania. Then back to Queen Frederika of Greece. Then to Queen Anne Marie of Greece who apparently hasn't worn it for some reason since exile 1967. So it is wonderful to see its outing here at this special occassion.

Did AM actually ever wear it? I know lots of old photos from her when still Queen of Greece, but never with this beautiful tiara!

Queen Margrethe is sitting between the two kings. How great!

P Henrik is doing the first speech. That's a surprise. (at least to me ;) )

I noticed the seating arrangements too!

Did AM actually ever wear it? I know lots of old photos from her when still Queen of Greece, but never with this beautiful tiara!

No Queen Anne-.Marie never wore. Queen Friederike gave Anne-Marie the rubies and the emeralds at her Wedding and keept this one for herself. Wonder when she worn it the last time. Probably when the Family was till in Greece before the End of 1967.
Btw it has no pearls only diamonds.

Queen Ingrid wore it once in Greece. Because her ruby parure was missing she borrowed the diamond tiara from Queen Frederika. Luckily the ruby parure reappeared the next day. Unfortunately I have never seen a picture of this event.

BTW, do I understand it is your birthday? If so, very best wishes on your special day!:)
Thank you, it was my birthday sunday when the Gala Banquet was held :flowers::flowers::flowers: So I sat in front of the telly the whole day :whistling::whistling::whistling:
Notice Vibeke Barfoed: https://picasaweb.google.com/100865900034584557354/KjolerTilGallataffel#5698000488311674450
She was the one whose straps I half feared, half hoped would break. - A brave lady and something of a risktaker, eh?
As a woman I'm probably viewing this differently, but Muhler .. I'd be surprised if it's as much as a C-cup ..........:D

viv
Her dress didn´t fit her - I´m glad that the straps were there to hold up the dress - otherwise it would´ve fall down :eek::whistling::eek:

The dress was a bit too small, imo.

Where is CP Fredrik`s speech?

Either he didn't held a speech or it wasn't televised. Ever since the reporters announced he was going to be one of the speakers, I was looking forward to something á la QMII's 70th birthday (with Mary running over and kissing him afterwards ;)), but sadly it didn't happen (or they didn't show it, but I think that's unlikely).

According to the papers 1.2 million Danes watched the gala show Saturday evening. That amounts to just a little more than 20 % of the population. - On a Saturday....

Major events in the DRF routinely score more than a million viewers, almost regardless on when it's aired.

Her dress didn´t fit her - I´m glad that the straps were there to hold up the dress -
Spaghetti straps are demanding.. with very few exceptions they look best on the young and slim.

otherwise it would´ve fall down :eek::whistling::eek:
well, it didn't.. much to Muhler's chagrin....:D

I really liked Margrethe Vestager's dress.
. So did I :flowers:! Margrethe Vestager and the PM took their gala dresses to a new level last night!

By the way: was the Queen's blue gala dress 'a repeat' or a remade number? She's worn a similar style before; I think it was at the 25th jubilee, however the colour was burgundy-ish.

viv

I noticed the president of Iceland and his wife Dorith, were at the balcony, any other pics at the galas? Please, she always wears the most magnificent jewels...

By the way: was the Queen's blue gala dress 'a repeat' or a remade number? She's worn a similar style before; I think it was at the 25th jubilee, however the colour was burgundy-ish.
I think the whole wardrobe of QMII during this jubilee was new :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I think the whole wardrobe of QMII during this jubilee was new :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Yes...she had all new outfits while Crown Princess Mary recycled almost all of hers. I count only 1 new coat (Copenhagen Town Hall), 2 new hats and a new pair of shoes (black and gray) for Crown Princess Mary.

In her New Year's speech, Queen Margrethe spoke about the financial crisis. I wonder if there was an effort to not have both the Queen and Crown Princess in all new outfits. No one would begrudge the Queen since it was her jubilee...but if Crown Princess Mary was also seen wearing all new outfits, maybe the criticism would have been that the Queen is giving a lecture about financial difficulties while she and the Crown Princess can wear new outfits. :whistling:
Also, there will be no official celebrations for Crown Princess Mary's 40th birthday...given the Queen's jubilee celebrations. Too bad Mary's birthday is so near to the Queen's jubilee celebrations!:lol::ROFLMAO:

Yes...she had all new outfits while Crown Princess Mary recycled almost all of hers......In her New Year's speech, Queen Margrethe spoke about the financial crisis. I wonder if there was an effort to not have both the Queen and Crown Princess in all new outfits.
Now, that's a thought I wouldn't rule out :flowers:!

Also, there will be no official celebrations for Crown Princess Mary's 40th birthday...given the Queen's jubilee celebrations. Too bad Mary's birthday is so near to the Queen's jubilee celebrations!:lol::ROFLMAO:
We need a break now! As much as the Danes (well, most of us) like our RF it's time for a 'royalty free' zone in the media etc. This is a balancing act and fortunately the RF seem to know it! In five years time there's the 50th anniversary of HM and the Prince Consort and in another 10 there's the 50th jubilee of HM. Right now the very thought of another batch of massive celebrations make me consider temporary exile somewhere (the UK is hardly an option in this respect ;)).

The 40th of CP Mary won't pass unnoticed in the royalty press, and she will most likely be celebrated privately. This will suffice.

viv

The 40th of CP Mary won't pass unnoticed in the royalty press, and she will most likely be celebrated privately. This will suffice.

viv

You are absolutely correct! As a matter of fact, the British "Majesty Magazine" will have a profile on Crown Princess Mary in the second edition of the year!:flowers:
Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine
CROWN PRINCESS MARY
Coryne Hall's profile of the popular Danish royal lady about to celebrate a milestone birthday

Queen Margrethe celebrates 40 years on Danish throne

in this photo wecan see on the table 2 little boxees one blue and one gold, i wonder what they are, ???souvenirs?

Just a qualified guess:
I heard something about a commemorative coin on the live coverage. Maybe this is it.. the blue boxes can also be seen on the overall photo of the tables. The gold boxes are probably something special for the head table!

viv

Just a qualified guess:
I heard something about a commemorative coin on the live coverage. Maybe this is it.. the blue boxes can also be seen on the overall photo of the tables. The gold boxes are probably something special for the head table!

viv
is a poto of Prince Frederk showing the inside to the box to the next guest sitting with him but i cannot find it now, whata pity we can not see it it is quite interested,

The gold boxes are probably something special for the head table!

I've always thought they were for condiments. My late grandmother had something similar, though in porcelain.

is a poto of Prince Frederk showing the inside to the box to the next guest sitting with him but i cannot find it now, whata pity we can not see it it is quite interested,

This is the photo you mean. Unfortunately we can't see what's inside the blue box.

Here is a review of the dresses at the gala Sunday, from BT: De hotte og de kiksede gallakjoler | www.bt.dk

And you get a chance to practise a bit of Danish.

Read the first line in the captions. Right after the name and title is one of two words:
Hot = Pretty selfexplanatory, eh? :cool: Or -
"Kikset" = not hot. :ermm:

See, Danish is easy to understand....;)

Maybe they'll hold a small dinner with their royal and non-royal friends some time in the summer, when the weather is understandably better. I believe a small dinner is how they celebrated Frederick's 40th birthday (I remember seeing the pictures as the royals walked to the location).

This is the photo you mean. Unfortunately we can't see what's inside the blue box.
yes, thank you!!!! this is the photo, and we can see the gold boxes too! and a cord on top of the glasses, i wonder what means the card on top of the glasses? it must be an incredible experience to be sittingthere! in such incredible table!!!!!!

yes, thank you!!!! this is the photo, and we can see the gold boxes too! and a cord on top of the glasses, i wonder what means the card on top of the glasses? it must be an incredible experience to be sittingthere! in such incredible table!!!!!!
That´s the namecard/tablecard :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom