Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know some have said they'd like to see Mary wearing a borrowed tiara from Queen Margrethe at some point. I wonder if Mary is just perfectly content with what she has available to her at this point in time - I can't see QM refusing to let her, (or Marie), borrow whatever jewels she wanted to, and in time Mary will have access to all of it anyway.

You're right, it may very well be so. Just because a lot of us are 'magpies' here, we assume that the persons we discuss feel the same way :flowers:

....Tillykke med fødselsdagen FasterB!:daneflag2:

My resumee for the jubilee: It was celebrated worthy for Margrethe, her family and Denmark. Every picture I have seen was beautiful and Elizabeth, now its your time to show how the British are able to celebrate.

That's either a very large tiara on Marie-Chantal or she's got a small head; either way, that tiara made a stunning debut after all these years and I guess if I got to wear that, I'd sure be looking like a kitty cat that swallowed the canary as well!

Congratulations and many thanks to the posters on this thread who kept the coverage and pictures coming of this wonderful occasion. You all did a marvelous job, and I'll just have to chalk up these last two days as my "lost weekend" since I barely did anything else but sat glued to my computer soaking this all in! Congratulations to the Queen with best wishes for many more years on her throne.

Last edited:
Thanks for the informaiton and photos!
The celebrations were unequivocally successful. On a different note, I would like to say that it is sad that Crown Princely couples of Belgium and Netherlands did not attend.

Last edited:
I did so much enjoy it as did my mother. It was a very good service.
The only thing I wasn´t so pleased by was the choral suite "Alle mine kilder". It was too much without substance - it was long notes being hold. But it was a beautiful piece, I just didn´t like it.

Aaaaaaand I got see both Erik Normann Svendsen and Henning Toft Bro, the bishop from Aalborg. He and my father are old studybuddies :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Og så har det da lige været en weekend for mig - Dronningens jubilæum hele weekenden og min fødselsdag søndag - min sjæl, hvad vil du mer? :flowers:
:cheers:
Happy birthday, FasterB

More? How about our Marie giving birth tonight?
If that happens, we may all look like this by the end of the week: :coffee:

Perhaps, you or someone else in the know, can help.

I believe there was a song at the service Sunday (was she an opera singer?) who sang a song from The Lord of the Rings. Is that correct? And what is the title of that song?
I just heard part of it on a clip somewhere.

Finally, a closer look at Marie Chantal, thanks to Marika86.. :flowers:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dJ0bmM6Dx7di/x610.jpg

Hmm... Those earrings really don't go well with the tiara IMO.

Too bad Princess Marie couldn't be there but of course it is understandable. I can't wait for her to deliver the baby already! :p (I keep checking how she and CP Victoria are doing regularly...) I've been going through the pictures from last night and tonight for a couple of hours (was busy before) and I think I'll have to leave the rest for tomorrow... Love these big festivities! When's the next one? :whistling::lol:

....Tillykke med fødselsdagen FasterB!:daneflag2:
Taaaaaak :flowers:

:cheers:
Happy birthday, FasterB

More? How about our Marie giving birth tonight?
If that happens, we may all look like this by the end of the week: :coffee:
Thank you :flowers: Oh yes, if she did gave birth sunday that would almost have been the best gift of them all :lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps, you or someone else in the know, can help.

I believe there was a song at the service Sunday (was she an opera singer?) who sang a song from The Lord of the Rings. Is that correct? And what is the title of that song?
I just heard part of it on a clip somewhere.
There were a song from "Lord of the Rings", but that was saturday at the concert. She was a singer from either Iceland or Færøerne (sorry, can´t spell that in english).
Sunday at the service there was the choir MPIRI from Færøerne and the Greenlandic choir AAVAAT, who sang.
The soprano, Inger Dam-Jensen, sang the uppevoice in the "uropførelse" of the suite "Alle mine kilder", perhaps it was that suite you heard?

Ta aaaaak :flowers:

Thank you :flowers: Oh yes, if she did gave birth sunday that would almost have been the best gift of them all :lol::lol::lol:

There were a song from "Lord of the Rings", but that was saturday at the concert. She was a singer from either Iceland or Færøerne (sorry, can´t spell that in english).
Sunday at the service there was the choir MPIRI from Færøerne and the Greenlandic choir AAVAAT, who sang.
The soprano, Inger Dam-Jensen, sang the uppevoice in the "uropførelse" of the suite "Alle mine kilder", perhaps it was that suite you heard?

No, it was From the Lord of the Rings. It may have been Saturday, I didn't watch that show on TV, only in clips. - Things are just beginning to get blurred for me. :dizzy::online2lo
Do you know the title of that song? Then I'll YouTube it and hear if that is the song in my head.

Et forsinket tillykke, FasterB!

:daneflag:

viv

No, it was From the Lord of the Rings. It may have been Saturday, I didn't watch that show on TV, only in clips. - Things are just beginning to get blurred for me. :dizzy::online2lo
Do you know the title of that song? Then I'll YouTube it and hear if that is the song in my head.

I will tell you the title of the song if you tell me what those clips at the farm with the old woman and the straight faced man were about! They made everyone laugh except me, who was watching on blessed DR who would be sainted if they hired you Muhler to create English subtitles!:flowers::lol:
The song from LOTR was the Prophecy, BTW, as I know you will tell me what the joke was !:D

Last edited:
Ahh, I can´t find it now. But the programme must be out there somewhere...

EDIT: I just found the video: http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/2012/Dronning/20120114111225.htm#/28204
App. 43 you can here the medley from "LoTR"

Et forsinket tillykke, FasterB!

:daneflag:

viv
Taaaaaak :flowers:

gerry said:
I will tell you the title of the song if you tell me what those clips at the farm with the old woman and the straight faced man were about! They made everyone laugh except me, who was watching on blessed DR who would be sainted if they hired you Muhler to create English subtitles!:flowers::lol:
The song from LOTR was the Prophecy, BTW, as I know you will tell me what the joke was !:D
These little clips were satirical of the Danish Dialects. I don't think that anyone could understand what she was saying and therefor "the translation" by the man was soooooo funny, because it didn't made sense ;););)
The two men are a wellknown satirical duo in DK called "Rytteriet" - "The Cavalry".
I went to ser their show at one time and I laughed so much that my cheeks were sore hours after :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
These little clips were satirical of the Danish Dialects. I don't think that anyone could understand what she was saying and therefor "the translation" by the man was soooooo funny, because it didn't made sense ;););)
The two men are a wellknown satirical duo in DK called "Rytteriet" - "The Cavalry".
I went to ser their show at one time and I laughed so much that my cheeks were sore hours after :D :D :D
Mange tak! I am glad I was not the only one not understanding, then!:lol:Your beautifully eloquent prime minister also made reference to Danish dialects in her table speech, so that perhaps these clips were shown at the concert because HM Queen Margrethe is a connoisseur of Danish dialectology! :flowers: BTW, do I understand it is your birthday? If so, very best wishes on your special day!:)

Last edited:
If I remember correctly: Ex-Queen Frederica sold a tiara during her time in exile. Was it this one? Suppose it were, there's a possibily that it went on the market quite recently and was purchaed by MC.
Whatever, I just cannot imagine that it has been 'dormant' since the death of Queen Frederika in - when was it - 1981??

viv

Here's a link that'll confirm it was in the family all along:

Glittering Royal Events Message Board: Re: Gasp!

:previous: Thanks for that Baroness.

Makes one wonder as to why it's taken so long for it to be seen again being that it remained within the family.

It makes little to no sense imo and to be honest, it rather annoys me how occasionally, royals will retire significant pieces of jewellery for decades for what appears to be no apparent reason.

If I remember correctly: Ex-Queen Frederica sold a tiara during her time in exile. Was it this one? Suppose it were, there's a possibily that it went on the market quite recently and was purchaed by MC.
Whatever, I just cannot imagine that it has been 'dormant' since the death of Queen Frederika in - when was it - 1981??

viv
that's exacty my conspiracy theory, that the millers pawned it back

Does anyone know who is attending Margarethe's Jubilee, for Queen Elizabeth? I hav'nt been able to find out who. ;(

EchoLynn said:
Does anyone know who is attending Margarethe's Jubilee, for Queen Elizabeth? I hav'nt been able to find out who. ;(

Nobody, they weren't invited.

I would have thought that someone from the BRF would be there. Happen to have any idea why they were'nt invited?

Thanks, FasterB :flowers:

As for the dialect bit. That was genuine Southern Jutlandic dialect.
She wasn't talking nonsense, I could understand about half of what she said.

Off topic I know, but nevertheless part of the cultural diversity of DK.
Until 1864 Denmark had always been a multi lingual realm. With languages like Faraose, Icelandic, Greenlandic (east and west), Norwegian and German heard spoken. Depending on the period.
Not to mention Danish. A Dane from what is now south west Sweden would have had huge problems understanding a Dane from Northern Jutland.
One of the reasons for the Second Schleswigan War in 1864 was the impementation of Danish as the first language in the duchies of Schleswig and Holstein. - They didn't like it, as about 75 % of the population there was ethnically German.

Rytteriet - dialektservice sønderjysk - YouTube

Subtitles for Gerry. :wave:
You take the bottom-cloth (she actually said ass-cloth. I'm merely translating...) from you coat-pocket and wipe your belly (she said buttocks).
It's none of your business why.
Shut up!
Who said that?
(X 2.)

Last edited:
I would have thought that someone from the BRF would be there. Happen to have any idea why they were'nt invited?

Because their presence wasn't necessary.

Just as the Dutch, Luxembourgish, Spanish and Belgian royal families weren't invited.

Jubilee's in Denmark tend to be a purely Scandinavian affair, and by way of family relations, the GRF are naturally invited.

Last edited:
Last edited:
With names. I see that the Icelandic first lady also attended.

It pays to be the wife of an Icelandic President it would seem ;) And kudos to Dorrit, she always looks the part. That her family are jewellers would help with the bling too I'm sure!

Last edited:

It hurts my eyes to once again see our president looking "lovely" like a sack of potatoes in every picture. Not only does she have a sour expression on her face but would it kill her to wear a corset or girdle of some kind..? :bang: A good posture would do wonders as well. The gown is something she's worn many times before. Thankfully we'll soon have a new president (maybe that's why she looked so sour on the balcony... :whistling:)...

Back
Top Bottom