Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first gallery of the children: TV 2 Gallery

:previous:
You said it! We can hope the photographers were more professional.

Prior to the balcony appearance, Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and
Crown Princess Mary did another item on the programme - they met with the State Council
at Christiansborg Palace. Here's a gallery of pics:

** bt.dk: Kronprinsen og Statsministeren morede sig **
And not just any state council for QMII, but no. 500! :) A few additional state council meetings have apparently been added lately, so the queen reached this number for her ruby jubilee.

I wonder if they will start using all three balconies from now on... Q Margrethe and P Henrik in the middle - CP Frederik and family on one - P Joachim and family on the other.

It is already rather crowded now. There is yet another baby on the way. And it will only get more crowded as the children gets older.

Congratualations with 40th Anniversary of Her Marjesty Queen Margrethe of Denmark...

I am proud to be a citizen of a Country where She is The Queen, A great person, an intelligent, Motherly, kind, Graceful, Beautiful,... a True person whom all the great fairytale princesses and queens would wish to portray. Congratulations with the 40th Anniversary of your Kingdom.
May God bless Her Majesty Queen Of Denmark, Her Kingdom and Her Family.
May God Bless Denmark.

Delightful pix of the children !!!! So nice !

I am proud to be a citizen of a Country where She is The Queen, A great person, an intelligent, Motherly, kind, Graceful, Beautiful,... a True person whom all the great fairytale princesses and queens would wish to portray. Congratulations with the 40th Anniversary of your Kingdom.
May God bless Her Majesty Queen Of Denmark, Her Kingdom and Her Family.
May God Bless Denmark.
Lovely to read !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they will start using all three balconies from now on... Q Margrethe and P Henrik in the middle - CP Frederik and family on one - P Joachim and family on the other.

It is already rather crowded now. There is yet another baby on the way. And it will only get more crowded as the children gets older.

It seems like a good idea. Because at QMII's birthday in April they are going to do two or three MIchael Jacksons just to have room for all on the balcony.

Congratulations on your first post, Falkon :)

I can add that M&F hosted a dinner Friday for the cousins. - That was probably lively! :cheers:

Another gallery. Notice the two guardsmen size mini and maxi: jv.dk - Aktuelle nyheder fra Syddanmark - Nyheder - Indland - Tredobbelt vinkefest på Amalienborg

Last edited:
I definitely think they will need to consider using the three balconies from now on! When the new baby arrives (judging by the look of Marie won't be long) and the Queen and Prince Henrik it's going to be a seriously tight squeeze! They won't be able to lift Henrik, Josephine and Vincent forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
The royals are boarding the bus that will take them to the church at Christiansborg. The commentators had counted five children: Isabella, Christian, Nikolai, Felix and bette Henrik.
I saw Joachim board the bus with his two oldest children.
Perhaps our Marie is driving by herself with bette Henrik? - If she is attending at all.

A little detail for nerds: The commentators said that QMII has a staff of six adjutants. - It used to be four, but I guess as M&F take om more and more it has been necessary to add two more.

P Isabella wants to sit with her parents, not with "the boys". :lol:

Hi everyone.) Can enyone tell me where I can see the service and upcoming events live?

I don't know if there are any live feeds. The service has started.

No Marie. (Perhaps within a couple of days?)

Christian is sitting with his cousins Nikolai and Felix and they are chatting away. Isabella prudently opted to sit with mother.
Nikolai's heart almost flew out of his mouth because the pauken suddenly sounded as the Regent Couple entered the church :eek::lol:

The commentators are pretty delighted with the children being present, that should lead to some lively pictures in that corner of the church. - Especially as the service should be fairly long.

Hi everyone.) Can enybody tell me where I can see the service and upcoming events live?

Thank you.) Congratulations to Denmark from Belarus!:flowers: :daneflag2:

Last edited:
I just love that church. It is so beautiful inside it.

Isabella kisses and hugs her mon and dad all the time, it is really lovely to see :wub:

Congratulations to Queen Margrethe and all the Danish people for having so nice Royal Family !!!

I wish I could watch live but unfortunately you need to be in Denmark

Prince Philippos is on the list, Theodora isn't. :sad: Sigh, I wanted to see her tiara choice for tonight, but maybe she already had to leave.

Theodora was in the church; saw her on TV leaving the bus and entering it again.

Theodora was in the church; saw her on TV leaving the bus and entering it again.
That's great! So she was forgotten on the guest list. Well, I guess the administrative people had more than enough to do these days.

Were Haakon and Mette-Marit there?

Here is one of Isabellas kisses :)

Attachments

• 24fa5eb6-5dcc-4c98-b1af-65dc64c73ebc_300.jpg
    24fa5eb6-5dcc-4c98-b1af-65dc64c73ebc_300.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,254
Some pics of the church service have already been added to the official website:

** kongehuset.dk: Festgudstjeneste i Christiansborg Slotskirke **

Some of the meeting with the State Council:

** kongehuset.dk: Statsråd den 15. januar 2012 **

And a few shots of the balcony appearance:

** kongehuset.dk: Vagskifte den 15. januar 2012 **

And here's a larger gallery of the church service:

** b.dk: Festgudstjeneste for Dronningen **

Msn.dk also has a gallery of the balcony event:

** msn.dk: Tvillingerne med på balkonen **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom