Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boy it was crowded on Amalienborg.

I have the utmost admiration for those kids that they were able to remain calm (or in Bella's case somewhat calm ;)) during the time in the church, even Prince Henrik seemed a bit bored towards the end :ROFLMAO:

Isabella kisses and hugs her mon and dad all the time, it is really lovely to see :wub:
Isabella is a real character, can't wait to see her grow up, she is a real attention seeker:ROFLMAO:

Congratulations Queen Margrethe and Danish Royal Family.

Where is Princess Marie?

which time is the gala dinner today??? denmark's time of course!!! i excited to see the first pictures

At which part of the balcony were Sonja and Silvia standing?

I'm looking forward to the speeches too and the dresses. It's gonna be fun to see what everyone's wearing since apparently they're going full-gala tonight.

At which part of the balcony were Sonja and Silvia standing?

I believe they were standing on the balcony of (don't blame me if it's the wrong name of the palace) Christian 7.'s palace aka. the palace to the right of where QMII lives (Christian 9.'s palace) and opposite Frederik and Mary's home (Frederik 8.'s palace). I think I heard Anna von Lowzow say that it is the "guest house" of Amalienborg ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they were standing on the balcony in (don't blame me if it's the wrong name) Christian 7.'s 'palæ' aka. the mansion/'palæ' right for where QMII lives and opposite Frederik and Mary's home. I think I heard Anna von Lowzow say that it is the "guest house" of Amalienborg ;) I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure how to translate 'palæ' - google translate it into 'mansion'.

To be pedantic: palæ is translated into palais. (A grand home not connected to other houses). Mansion is fine as well. (A mansion can be connected to a neighbouring house). Whatever suits you. :)

To be pedantic: palæ is translated into palais. (A grand home not connected to other houses). Mansion is fine as well. Whatever suits you. :)

Thank you Muhler, I wasn't quite sure how to translate it :flowers:

when is mary due daye? can you imagine the bab y borns now?

Can't wait to watch all the dresses, tiaras, couples, speeches- just having a good time :D

The guests are pouring in at Christiansborg right now. Gala uniforms, evening dresses and cleavages. In fact I'm looking at one right now. :D If them tiny straps break, we are in for an experience! :bounce::bounce::eek: We can always hope...:p

ADDED: It's actually pretty amusing to watch the various guest walking past the line of photographers. I just noticed a couple. Minister of Defence with wife, they were walking hand in hand. One among the press called out to the wife, presumably in order to learn about her dress. She stopped him dead in his tracks and dragged her husband almost horizontal over to the reporter! Oh yeah, they are pretty delighted with the attention. :p

ADDED AGAIN. We are now watching the Foreign Minister, Villy Søvndal. While a likable man, he has recieved some... comments, for his lack of proficiency in English.
Pranksters have already made a voice over on YouTube. Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchKG-8NTxc&feature=fvst

Last edited:
Not being in Denmark, I have to follow the live blog. No live coverage abroad. :sad:
The first tiara I spotted was on Caroline Heering. It's the family tiara which her mother wore yesterday.

Marie Chantal is waring a big diamond tiara which looks like it could be the one from Queen Friederike. On the pics on DR#s live blog it looks bigger then her fringe

do you think we will have a photo of it later on?

this is kind of huge for RJW (Royal Jewllery Warchers)

Marie Chantal is waring a big diamond tiara which looks like it could be the one from Queen Friederike. On the pics on DR#s live blog it looks bigger then her fringe
That's sensational! I keep looking at this blury picture and think that it's really this tiara. We had heard from reliable sources that it's still in the family. Now we finally see it.

CP Mary is wearing dark. Again.

But she is looking great - and she is wearing some of the rubies.

I think Mary is wearing her Prada dress from 2004 but it has to be confirmed!

CP Mary is wearing dark. Again.

But she is looking great - and she is wearing some of the rubies.

She certainly does looks great! Stunning IMO!

Queen Margrethe & CP Mary wear the same colour I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Silvia & Sonja are both wearing recycled dresses.

Back
Top Bottom