Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So... no Spanish Royals? And ok.. I am going to say it. I have had it with the British Royal Family. NO ONE COULD GO TO THIS?!?!? The rest of the royals around Europe fell all over themselves 10 years ago going to QEII's Golden Jubilee. I am just going to say that I am tired of their uneducated attitude, the I am better than you, the everything MUST always be done the same way even if you do not like it in our houses, whether for Christmas or when the Prime Minister comes in the summer.

Kudos to the Danish and their Queen who is book smart, modern, cool, and adapts with the time.

I think the rest of the royals should go back to Liz this summer and be like, "Sorry, sweetie, we are busy!"

All of this IMO.

Thank you to all who have posted pictures and videos! That is very kind of you all.

And how lovely to see Countess Alexandra with her tiara on there with her husband...this family really shows class. We now know she kept her tiara after the divorce, and they all appear to be on very good terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a nice gesture inviting Countess Alexandra and her husband. What a great family!

So... no Spanish Royals? And ok.. I am going to say it. I have had it with the British Royal Family. NO ONE COULD GO TO THIS?!?!?
Eeeehh, they weren´t invited. It was only the NRF, SRF and the presidents of Iceland and Finland.

Love Queen Sonja's pink dress even if it is 20 years old, good for her for fitting into it!
Do not love the color of QMII green gown, but tiara and jewels make up for it.
Love the little princes Felix and Nickoli in their bow-ties! They are adorable.
And kudos for inviting Alexandra, this family is a class act.

So... no Spanish Royals? And ok.. I am going to say it. I have had it with the British Royal Family. NO ONE COULD GO TO THIS?!?!? The rest of the royals around Europe fell all over themselves 10 years ago going to QEII's Golden Jubilee. I am just going to say that I am tired of their uneducated attitude, the I am better than you, the everything MUST always be done the same way even if you do not like it in our houses, whether for Christmas or when the Prime Minister comes in the summer.

Kudos to the Danish and their Queen who is book smart, modern, cool, and adapts with the time.

I think the rest of the royals should go back to Liz this summer and be like, "Sorry, sweetie, we are busy!"

All of this IMO.

Thank you to all who have posted pictures and videos! That is very kind of you all.
Are you suggesting foreign royals should crash the party? This celebration has been planned to include only the scandinavian royal couples in addition to danish guests.

All of this IMO.

WOW, talk about over reacting based on wrong information. Not very lady like or educated, IMO
No one was there from the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Liechtenstein or Monaco........and the reason being.....THEY WERE NOT INVITED !!!! As already announced this was simply a Scandinavia event.

Last edited:
It's nice to see Queen Margrethe looking so happy during these celebrations. I loved seeing the two young princes all dressed up. And it was also nice to see Countess Alexandra who seems to get better and better looking as time goes on!

Tonight's show was great, although some of the joke by the hosts were a bit awkward (especially those where no one laughed), everyone looked great and seemed to enjoy themselves.
Seeing as there were countless of people at 'Rådhuspladsen' today, I think I'm gonna leave for Amalienborg very early tomorrow - to get a great spot ;)

I really like the lilac/purple jacket that Prince Henrik wore. It suits him. Love seeing the ladies all dressed up and Cr Prss Marie Chantal smiling as she walked the red carpet. The grandsons looked very dashing too.

Agree with all the comments that it is lovely to see Countess Alexandra there and wearing the tiara.
Mary has been very understated and elegant in her choices during the Jubilee - a perfect queen consort in waiting

I love that Countess Alexandra was there, i think its only right she was as she was part of the RF for 10 years and worked hard for the country and the Queen in that time.

That's not nice at all yet you called the British Royal Family "uneducated". I know the topic of the lack of the British Royals presence has always been an issue on many previous foreign Royal events over the years but you can not just use all the past events to conclude a judgement on the current one. As this event is purely just a Scandinavian events, so all other Royal Families were not invited not just the British Royals. I do not have the right to advise you on anything, but I just hope that next time you should think carefully and base on correct sources of information, before calling someone "uneducated".

Thanks all other members for sharing these lovely photos. It's also nice to see Countess Alexandra and her husband there, given her contribution and services to the Queen during her time as Princess. I do hope many more years of health for Queen Margrethe and we can see her Golden Jubilee and Diamond Jubilee as well.

Two of our Commercial Television stations in Queensland Australia have mentioned HM's jubilee on their news bulletins. Not a great lot of coverage - just a mention and showing HM arriving at City Hall in the Gold Coach and a quick glimpse of Cr Prss Mary and Frederik arriving.
So I am very surprised and pleased and this has been two nights in a row.

I love that Countess Alexandra was there, i think its only right she was as she was part of the RF for 10 years and worked hard for the country and the Queen in that time.

Agree.

But even if the the relationship between the DRF and Alexandra was strained, she would still have been invited.

Countess Alexandra is the mother of two Princes in line for the throne, she is also holder of the Order of the Elephant. As such she belongs to first order of ranks and she will automatically recieve an invitation. - In the same way as members of the Parliament recieve an invitation.

What I also liked was that the entire staff at the DRF court, (about 160 or so) also got an invitation. From the youngest cleaner to the Chief of Court.

Agree.

But even if the the relationship between the DRF and Alexandra was strained, she would still have been invited.

Countess Alexandra is the mother of two Princes in line for the throne, she is also holder of the Order of the Elephant. As such she belongs to first order of ranks and she will automatically recieve an invitation. - In the same way as members of the Parliament recieve an invitation.

But why was she then not present at any of the celebrations for HM's 70th birthday in April 2010?
The only other Family celebration she has attended since her remarriage was an Event for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday ant here she was the patron of one of the Choirs who performed if i'm correct.

But why was she then not present at any of the celebrations for HM's 70th birthday in April 2010?
The only other Family celebration she has attended since her remarriage was an Event for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday ant here she was the patron of one of the Choirs who performed if i'm correct.

Because a birthday isn't a jubilee?

:previous: Wow, that´s a quite crowdy balcony! :D
It´s amazing how just some years ago they were half the ones they´re today (and still we´ll have more family members for the Queen´s birthday).
The family has grown quickly :flowers:

The balcony scene is over. Unfortunately neither DR1 nor TV2 focused much on the grandchildren.
Bette Henrik, wearing the commemoration medal for the jubilee, wasn't that keen on waving to the overwhelming crowd.

There was a clash of songs at some point. After the nine cheers for Denmark, the royal anthem was played, after which a large group of those on the square started to sing the national anthem, while the music corps started to play a march. - Not that it stopped the singers, they continued to the end. :lol:

Now the guests are being driven to the Frederik VIII's Palais, alas. There 37 guests will have lunch. They consists of the DRF, GRF, SRF & NRF and also the heads of state of Iceland and Finland and a cousin of Prince Henrik.

It appears our Marie will not attend the lunch, she is however expected to attend the service later in the afternoon. - She may be very close to popping.
The prospect of Marie giving birth today or within the next couple of days is somewhat of a nightmare for Annemette Krakau, the editor of Billed Bladet, because then she's got a problem about the frontpage on Thursday.

Vincent and Isabella also wore the commemoration medal.

Prior to the balcony appearance, Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and
Crown Princess Mary did another item on the programme - they met with the State Council
at Christiansborg Palace. Here's a gallery of pics:

** bt.dk: Kronprinsen og Statsministeren morede sig **

A gallery of the balcony appearance can be found here:

** b.dk: Tusinder hilste paa Dronningen ** and here:

** bt.dk: Se balkon billederne: Dronningen hyldes af hele sit folk **

And some more nice galleries: ** ppe gallery - January 15 ** sn.dk gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio: Queen Margrethe II of Denmark Celebrates 40 Years on The Throne - Balcony Views **

** dpp: Royals attend 40th jubilee of Queen Margrethe day 1 **

** ddp: Royals attend 40th jubilee of Queen Margrethe day 2 **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom