Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thruth about the cleavage story.

This is the first hand truth about the cleavage story.

I've just watched the programme Presselogen on TV2, which deal with press ethics.

It turns out that the clip with Mary and the Finish husband to the President consists of two clips put together, and where the sound has been manipulated so that we hear a choir singing all the time.
The first clip show the Finish gentleman looking in the direction of Mary's chest. The second clip is eight minutes (8 minutes) later. And that shows Mary looking towards the man sitting next to her and he is looking up.
The two clips are not, repeat, not in context.

The whole thing was put together in an evening satire show called Natholdet = The Night Watch. The host Anders Breinholt, said, in this satire show, that "It's not something, we've made up". They did make it up, they did put together two clips at eight minutes interval, they did manipulate the sound.
Anders Breinholt admitted that freely in the programme Presselogen. Eventhough he also admitted that it would perhaps had been more correct to stress that this clip was meant as satire and that it had been manipulated. - From a satirical point of view he labbeled it a huge success.

For those who wish to verify this, I refer to Presselogen on TV2 today 26th February. You can also watch reruns of that programme.

Last edited:
Yes, I just saw that on TV2 online news.
Satire or not - deliberately framing the poor man in this way is not OK IMO.

It was most convincing. That poor man! And I even called him a perv. Tsk tsk Madame Royale, you jumped the gun there a wee bit!

Satire or not - deliberately framing the poor man in this way is not OK IMO.

Agreed UserDane. It purposely portrays him in a negative light.

I wonder how many media outlets that spread the story around the world will now issue apologies? My guess would be none.I wonder even in Finland was the story corrected?
Its so easy to damage a persons reputation, and so hard to get it back.

Last edited:
I wonder how many media outlets that spread the stroy around the world will now issue apologies? My guess would be none.I wonder even in Finland was the story corrected?
Its so easy to damage a persons reputation, and so hard to get it back.
Yes, it was.

Wow they went to a lot of trouble to, - in effect frame a mans character. Here we are thinking the worst of him. Well I hope he is able to get some public apology and restitution for this wickedness.

If anyone is planning a spring trip to Denmark, The Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Castle (Det Nationalhistoriske Museum) has extended the exhibition which celebrates queen Margrethe's 40 years as queen - http://go.tv2.dk/articledag/id-49228160:dronningen-slår-museumsrekord.html?forside. The portrait of the queen and her heir and his heir was revealed at the opening of this exhibition.

The exhibition will now be open till 6th May; according to the museum the exhibition has been very well reviewed and has had a record number of visitors and they expect a lot more during Easter.

A belated present for Queen Margrethe ;):

Yesterday, April 23, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were invited to a gala concert of the Copenhagen
University Choir under the direction of George Fuglebaek at The Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen
to celebrate Queen Margrethe's 40-year government jubilee.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Not entirely sure where to put this, but seeing as it was an interview made for QMII's Jubilee, I'll put it here.

This an excerpt, a blooper if you may, from an interview with Danish journalist Ulla Terkelsen, made for the Jubilee. Basically it's QMII asking Terkelsen if she should go get her a pillow because she sits too far back on the chair. I'm not particularly good at translating something directly, but it QMII ends up fetching that pillow for Terkelsen, which I think is really cool and sweet of her.

This is great isn't it. Such a caring lady making sure someone in her home is made as comfortable as possible. No airs and graces here as she retrieves a cushion herself. I guess this is in her private apartment at Amalienborg. Thanks for the link.

I didn't understand a word but what comes across is how gracious the Queen really is and little wonder she's well loved!

Yes, it's a wonderful clip. :)

And even more wonderful at 00:18 she's swearing: "Hvor fanden er mine møbler blevet af? = Where the hell are my furnitures"? - Presumably they had been moved to other rooms to make room for the cameras.

But it was a sweet and considerate touch.

Yes, it's a wonderful clip. :)

And even more wonderful at 00:18 she's swearing: "Hvor fanden er mine møbler blevet af? = Where the hell are my furnitures"? - Presumably they had been moved to other rooms to make room for the cameras.

But it was a sweet and considerate touch.

Thanks for the translation Muhler,I was wondering what Her Majesty was saying :D

And even more wonderful at 00:18 she's swearing: "Hvor fanden er mine møbler blevet af? = Where the hell are my furnitures"? -
:ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO:

BTW. Muhler, am I hearing correct, is she saying: "Hvor f..... er mine møbler bleven af?" Altså lidt gammel dansk

I watched the clip a couple more times and I think i can understand what she is saying. At least I get the general idea of what she is saying.

:ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO:

BTW. Muhler, am I hearing correct, is she saying: "Hvor f..... er mine møbler bleven af?" Altså lidt gammel dansk

You are probably right.

I watched the clip a couple more times and I think i can understand what she is saying. At least I get the general idea of what she is saying.

Yes, Zelia gave a good summary.

Ulla Terkelsen, who is indeed a brilliant journalist and one of the few people where you can expect something sensible to come out when she opens her mouth, is past 60.
She has lived in Britain, among other places, for many years and her reports about the BRF for example are not lightweight. Her specialties is foreign affairs and royal stuff and she's an old-school journalist selected for her brain and not for how she looks on camera.

Being who she is, QMII was concerned whether UT sat well and UT didn't want to make a fuss, but QMII insisted and went to fetch the pillow. UT initially thought she was supposed to sit on it and didn't want to ruin it, nut no, it was just to support her back.

Royal family on the balcony of Amalienborg Palace.

Back
Top Bottom