The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Now, those of us who couldn't watch the Australian clip can see what this is all about: Marys kavalergang til tops i Australien - TV 2 Nyhederne From a show commenting the episode. The woman is Margrethe Westager a very senior member of government.
And her comment was: "Well, what can you say". The host ended the segment by saying: "It was (probably) one heck of a long trip back to Finland"!

And the Australian version again: Princess Mary busts visiting dignitary's cleavage stare | News.com.au

Well, Mary hardly showed any cleavage at all, so I actually believe he was studying her jewelry. And he reacted in the same way as you would do if you are caught studying a pimple on someone's face, he looked away. - Result: guilty, no matter what.
It takes a boatload of selfcontrol to just smile and ask about her necklace afterwards.
I'd guess the rest of their conversation was pretty formal and extremely polite.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Now, those of us who couldn't watch the Australian clip can see what this is all about: Marys kavalergang til tops i Australien - TV 2 Nyhederne From a show commenting the episode. The woman is Margrethe Westager a very senior member of government.
And her comment was: "Well, what can you say". The host ended the segment by saying: "It was (probably) one heck of a long trip back to Finland"!

And the Australian version again: Princess Mary busts visiting dignitary's cleavage stare | News.com.au

Well, Mary hardly showed any cleavage at all, so I actually believe he was studying her jewelry. And he reacted in the same way as you would do if you are caught studying a pimple on someone's face, he looked away. - Result: guilty, no matter what.
It takes a boatload of selfcontrol to just smile and ask about her necklace afterwards.
I'd guess the rest of their conversation was pretty formal and extremely polite.
You made me laught , my husband said the same about a famous ice skater who was looking at my cleaveage at a famous ice skateing gala, I said to my husband:"He was looking my cleavage!,"
my husband answer "not he is looking your jjewelery!" what ever is the case it is very unconfotable! and the only thing you can do it is to play idiot!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Mr. Arajärvi has commented on this incident stating that he's quite sure he was looking at something entirely else than the Crown Princess's cleavage.

If he was staring at her chest, that would be quite a surprise! There have been malicious rumours circulating for years that neither one of the presidential couple are interested in the opposite sex but no-one else knows the true state of their marriage but themselves. In any case neither one of the couple seems particularly virile (not sure how to describe this) or prone to such things, so I highly doubt there was anything lewd going on. I've always thought Arajärvi looks like he's about to fall asleep and forgets where he is frequently, that's how absent-minded he seems. If he was out to get a glimpse of an ample bust then I would've thought he'd chosen someone more obvious. As lovely as Mary is, she isn't particularly buxom and you would think less likely to be stared at like that. I hope you understand what I mean!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Yes Catherina I understand what you mean. Unfortunately for him his eye level is directed at the cleavage when all probability he was checking out the magnificent old necklace. Whatever, Mary handled herself very well. It made at least two of our news channels here in Australia. Luckily for him it was Mary and not an ordinary Aussie girl who might have accidently knocked him on the nose as she adjusted her hair. After she caught him in the act.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Haha, I love that when Mary is turning her head he's looking away - as if it wasn't noticeable that he was looking. I will say though that the ruby parure is absolutely stunning, so I wouldn't blame him for looking at that. When that's said, IMO he looks a bit too guilty to only having checked out the jewellery

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, if a woman is showing cleavage and a man is glansing admiringly for a brief moment, you can hardly blame him.
There is a big difference between a breif admiring glance and staring.
The first is (hopefully) a compliment, the latter is being in heat.

It sounds pretty hollow when women, who are sporting a cleavage down to their navals complain about how men ogle them. "Men are pigs! and should all be.."

Having said all that, if the good Arajärvi was admiring Mrs. Muhler's necklace in the same manner, he would get a warning stare from me: "You are on my turf. Get lost"!
- Standards are great, you know. Double standards are twice as good.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Dear Muhler you always find the best and appropriate smilies. cheers
Old 02-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Aristocracy

ĢŌ±¦Ö±²„¼ä
A news about CP Mary in a gala event in China!!
Don't know is it work for you. Hope u guys can watch it !!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah, the cleavage story.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
ĢŌ±¦Ö±²„¼ä
A news about CP Mary in a gala event in China!!
Don't know is it work for you. Hope u guys can watch it !!
Thank you Water,that's so funny
Who is that guy?
What a shame for him to behave in such a way.That's really irrespectful.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

He's a husband of already ex-president of Finland. I found it funny, like he's checking portrait on Mary's chest.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Note how Mary endeavours to cover her cleavage as best she can.

How dreadfully obvious he made it too. The old "look at the roof when sprung and she'll think I wasn't looking at her breasts".

What a perv!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

I know what's going on...

TBH, he's not checking out the cleavage. I'm a dude, and sometimes something peculiar just catches your eye. My guess is he's looking at the medal trying to figure out who or what it portrays. It might have text on it or something, and because of the angle it looks like he's checking out her chest. Sometimes, if a girl have a peculiar necklace or similar that has lettering or is supposed to resemble something, I look - even stare - but innocently so.

Now, the split second the woman (in this case Mary) looks my way, I realize that this could be misconstrued as ogling and turn away, inadverdently "confirming the suspicion" that I was in fact checking out her boobs when I was not. In either case, the guy can't follow up his stare with a question or comment, as it would interrupt the speaker so he's stuck.

And while I like a nice cleavage as much as the next guy - perhaps even more (!) - it's not always about tits. And Mary's reaction is only escalating the "incident". First of all, she wears all kinds of bling, and a tasteful but also slightly revealing dress. If she's so uncomfortable that she actually have to cover her cleavale (discreet as it might be) says something about her choice of clothes and/or apparel. This is a critique that could go out to a lot of women BTW. Although I secretly - no openly - suspect you of doing it on purpose to wrongfully claim the moral high ground.

Also, a peculiar cultural idiosyncrasy where women are offended when their carefully construed garments, picked mainly - if not solely - for that purpose (male attention) work as intended.

Go figure.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Revealing? Come now, there is nothing revealing about the Prada evening dress worn to the Gala Banquet. That is a fairly natural reaction for any women; the one's who aren't out for oogling male attention in any case.

You almost speak of the Crown Princess as though she were a flirtatious teenager, yet I doubt very much that the Crown Princess chooses her wardrobe on the basis of male attention. Her attire is age appropriate, often classic in style and befitting a woman of her station.

And while much of your post could be seen as a feesible explanation of sorts, personally I'm not so convinced, but it may very well be the case and is 'somewhat' amusing.

Furthermore, I'd imagine the man in question must pay alot of attention when in such company for he has associated with such circles for over 10 years! What a smorgasbord he's had!

Quote:
picked mainly - if not solely - for that purpose (male attention)
I'd expect no less from a red blooded male poster!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Seriously is talk about the Crown Princess' cleavage, and other peoples, in such a distasteful manner appropriate for a thread celebrating Queen Margrethe's jubilee? I think not.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Seriously is talk about the Crown Princess' cleavage, and other peoples, in such a distasteful manner appropriate for a thread celebrating Queen Margrethe's jubilee? I think not.
Probably not. Then again, was it appropriate for the Finnish president's husband to stare at the chest of the crown princess seated next to him during the jubilee gala?

It definitely looked like a very awkward moment. I'd like to think it was just the camera angle and that things were not as bad in perspective, but you can see from Mary's response that she also assumed that he was staring at her chest. She handled it well, but I am disgusted on her behalf.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

There was no cleavage, the rest is up to a prurient mind.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you don't want anyone to look at your chest; dont show any cleavage or any orders placed near the neckline of your dress. The gentleman in question was not very discreet but I doubt he was looking at CP Mary's cleavage. There were much more revealing sights at the event.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Probably not. Then again, was it appropriate for the Finnish president's husband to stare at the chest of the crown princess seated next to him during the jubilee gala?
If he did, then probably not. But it makes it worse by talking about it, and for some posters in a very rude manner.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Okay, let us move on shall we?