The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Crown Princess Marie Chantals pearl and diamond tiara has quite a history. The Dowager Empress Victoria of Prussia gave it to her daughter Sophie as a wedding gift in 1889 when she married Tino -Constantine Iof Greece. The tiara then passed to her daughter Helena Queen of Romania. Then back to Queen Frederika of Greece. Then to Queen Anne Marie of Greece who apparently hasn't worn it for some reason since exile 1967. So it is wonderful to see its outing here at this special occassion.

Did AM actually ever wear it? I know lots of old photos from her when still Queen of Greece, but never with this beautiful tiara!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish girl View Post
Queen Margrethe is sitting between the two kings. How great!

P Henrik is doing the first speech. That's a surprise. (at least to me )
I noticed the seating arrangements too!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Did AM actually ever wear it? I know lots of old photos from her when still Queen of Greece, but never with this beautiful tiara!
No Queen Anne-.Marie never wore. Queen Friederike gave Anne-Marie the rubies and the emeralds at her Wedding and keept this one for herself. Wonder when she worn it the last time. Probably when the Family was till in Greece before the End of 1967.
Btw it has no pearls only diamonds.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Ingrid wore it once in Greece. Because her ruby parure was missing she borrowed the diamond tiara from Queen Frederika. Luckily the ruby parure reappeared the next day. Unfortunately I have never seen a picture of this event.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Where is CP Fredrik`s speech?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark marks the 40th anniversary of her succession to the country's throne
Copenhagen, Denmark - 15.01.12
WENN Photo Library
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
BTW, do I understand it is your birthday? If so, very best wishes on your special day!:)
Thank you, it was my birthday sunday when the Gala Banquet was held So I sat in front of the telly the whole day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Notice Vibeke Barfoed: https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...00488311674450
She was the one whose straps I half feared, half hoped would break. - A brave lady and something of a risktaker, eh?
As a woman I'm probably viewing this differently, but Muhler .. I'd be surprised if it's as much as a C-cup ..........

viv
Her dress didn´t fit her - I´m glad that the straps were there to hold up the dress - otherwise it would´ve fall down

The dress was a bit too small, imo.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

I really liked Margrethe Vestager's dress.

sn.dk - Sjællands Nyheder
(Can't seem to find a picture of the front of the dress)
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Where is CP Fredrik`s speech?
Either he didn't held a speech or it wasn't televised. Ever since the reporters announced he was going to be one of the speakers, I was looking forward to something á la QMII's 70th birthday (with Mary running over and kissing him afterwards ), but sadly it didn't happen (or they didn't show it, but I think that's unlikely).

Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the papers 1.2 million Danes watched the gala show Saturday evening. That amounts to just a little more than 20 % of the population. - On a Saturday....

Major events in the DRF routinely score more than a million viewers, almost regardless on when it's aired.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Aren´t there any HQs available!?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Her dress didn´t fit her - I´m glad that the straps were there to hold up the dress -
Spaghetti straps are demanding.. with very few exceptions they look best on the young and slim.

Quote:
otherwise it would´ve fall down
well, it didn't.. much to Muhler's chagrin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish girl View Post
I really liked Margrethe Vestager's dress.
. So did I ! Margrethe Vestager and the PM took their gala dresses to a new level last night!

By the way: was the Queen's blue gala dress 'a repeat' or a remade number? She's worn a similar style before; I think it was at the 25th jubilee, however the colour was burgundy-ish.

viv
Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Royal Highness

I noticed the president of Iceland and his wife Dorith, were at the balcony, any other pics at the galas? Please, she always wears the most magnificent jewels...
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
By the way: was the Queen's blue gala dress 'a repeat' or a remade number? She's worn a similar style before; I think it was at the 25th jubilee, however the colour was burgundy-ish.
I think the whole wardrobe of QMII during this jubilee was new
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think the whole wardrobe of QMII during this jubilee was new
Yes...she had all new outfits while Crown Princess Mary recycled almost all of hers. I count only 1 new coat (Copenhagen Town Hall), 2 new hats and a new pair of shoes (black and gray) for Crown Princess Mary.

In her New Year's speech, Queen Margrethe spoke about the financial crisis. I wonder if there was an effort to not have both the Queen and Crown Princess in all new outfits. No one would begrudge the Queen since it was her jubilee...but if Crown Princess Mary was also seen wearing all new outfits, maybe the criticism would have been that the Queen is giving a lecture about financial difficulties while she and the Crown Princess can wear new outfits.
Also, there will be no official celebrations for Crown Princess Mary's 40th birthday...given the Queen's jubilee celebrations. Too bad Mary's birthday is so near to the Queen's jubilee celebrations!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Everyone looked nice for Queen Margarethe II's 40th.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Yes...she had all new outfits while Crown Princess Mary recycled almost all of hers......In her New Year's speech, Queen Margrethe spoke about the financial crisis. I wonder if there was an effort to not have both the Queen and Crown Princess in all new outfits.
Now, that's a thought I wouldn't rule out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Also, there will be no official celebrations for Crown Princess Mary's 40th birthday...given the Queen's jubilee celebrations. Too bad Mary's birthday is so near to the Queen's jubilee celebrations!
We need a break now! As much as the Danes (well, most of us) like our RF it's time for a 'royalty free' zone in the media etc. This is a balancing act and fortunately the RF seem to know it! In five years time there's the 50th anniversary of HM and the Prince Consort and in another 10 there's the 50th jubilee of HM. Right now the very thought of another batch of massive celebrations make me consider temporary exile somewhere (the UK is hardly an option in this respect ).

The 40th of CP Mary won't pass unnoticed in the royalty press, and she will most likely be celebrated privately. This will suffice.

viv
Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
The 40th of CP Mary won't pass unnoticed in the royalty press, and she will most likely be celebrated privately. This will suffice.

viv
You are absolutely correct! As a matter of fact, the British "Majesty Magazine" will have a profile on Crown Princess Mary in the second edition of the year!
Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine
Quote:
CROWN PRINCESS MARY
Coryne Hall's profile of the popular Danish royal lady about to celebrate a milestone birthday
Old 01-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Another large look back on the festivities - click on the individual pics to enlarge:

** purepeople: Reine Margrethe: Les royaux, leurs enfants, leurs folles tenues... Quel jubilé ! **

** hola: La última aparición pública de la princesa Marie de Dinamarca antes de dar a luz ** translation **

** hellomagazine: 'You, my dear Henri, have stood by me': Queen Margrethe's touching tribute to husband **
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Courtier

I'm not sure if this gallery was already posted. I just found it.

jv.dk - Aktuelle nyheder fra Syddanmark - Nyheder - Indland - »Dronning, dronning, kom nu frem«

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.