Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And Mary is wearing the extra pieces from the alteration of the ruby tiara at the back of her very nice hairdo.

(arggghhh, we are in a difficult situation in Dk right now; Denmark's first game at the men's European Handball championship starts right now on TV as well!!!)

And Mary is wearing the extra pieces from the alteration of the ruby tiara at the back of her very nice hairdo.

(arggghhh, we are in a difficult situation in Dk right now; Denmark's first game at the men's European Handball championship starts right now on TV as well!!!)

I know! I keep going back and forth :lol:

Who cares about Handball? They won't be wearing exiting dresses, impressive tiaras or even funny hats. :ROFLMAO:

Margrethe looks like a Renaissance queen in her midnight blue velvet gown. Very regal and majestic as always. Thank you for sharing.

Queen Margrethe is sitting between the two kings. How great!

P Henrik is doing the first speech. That's a surprise. (at least to me ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I could cry I can´t watch it just because I´m outside Denmark!!!
Please supply us with some great HQs later!

I´m so curious about Mette-Marit and Marie Chantal!!!

King Harald and Queen Margrethe seems to be enjoying themselves sitting next to each other :)

Prince Henrik's speech was very sweet.

do we know who's going to make speeches this evening?

^ Denmark's Prime Minister & Queen Margrethe

I also heard that CP Frederik would make a speech, but I don't know if it's been confirmed.

Menu

Fish terrine
Eggs mimosa and endive

Tenderloin
Pommes Anna
Green peas
Sauce Bordelaise

Cheese tart

Jubilee Cake

La Cigaralle du Prince 2009
Cahors

Chateau de Cayx 2007
en l’honneur du 40ème anniversaire du règne

Champagne Mercier
Cuvée Speciale M&H​

P Henrik's speech:
Prinsgemalens tale ved gallataflet - Kongehuset

Google translate:
I offer a warm welcome to all who are gathered tonight at Christiansborg Castle, an ancient symbol of the Danish monarchy. The purpose is to celebrate the Queen of Denmark's 40-year government jubilee. The monarch, who is also the 53 in a monarchy, there are over 1000 years old.

That the current ruler we celebrate tonight, my dear wife, make my joy even greater. We have over these 40 years shared many good and exciting things together, but also some difficult challenges. But always with dedication and sensitivity.

Dear Queen, dear wife, dear Daisy: I am the first man in the kingdom to admire you, and I also tonight interpreter for the entire company and across the nation who say congratulations to the Regent.

I welcome many members of our family from near and far, to heads of state from the north with strong family ties and friendship, welcome to the Danish government and representatives of the official Denmark.

All we will together with the Danish people celebrate a queen who has dedicated his life to Denmark and Greenland and the Faroe Islands. A ruler who has shown the greatest capacity to carry out his mission in life: to work for Denmark with "God's help, the people's love, Denmark's strength".

A woman who has had an exciting process for four decades with an inspiring energy, a great skill and considerable success.

Happy anniversary, as we all will make festive because we think you deserve to be celebrated. I ask all to rise and join me to participate in a toast to Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

Wait. What. No TV in the next hour?
But I like seeing things live... :sad:

Wow love Her Majesties gown it has a kind of Medieval look to it with the big sleeves, and we all know she loves a big sleeve. A beautiful colour and draped beautifully. She looks as always very regal tonight.

Thank you Danish Girl for Prince Henri's speech. Your time and effort are most appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow! Mary is in full regal splendour:)

Apparently we're not allowed to watch them eat :p

Well I am not surprised about that. We never are.

But I expect the next speech to come before TV get back. They can't spend an hour eating fish...
I know they will show it later, but I would prefer it live. :sad: DR is showing nothing important anyway. (at least I don't think so :whistling: )

Here is a video that score top marks on the cute-scale:
VIDEO: Danmarks mindste garder - TV 2 Nyhederne

Watch only if you can handle it...
Wonder how the guardsman manages to keep his composure?

Thanks for the many pics. QMII looked even more regal than usual tonight. Elizabethan actually, a Renaissance-queen as one of you pointed out.
Put a hat with a veil on Mary's head and she would be almost medieval.

Last edited:
Here is a video that score top marks on the cute-scale:
VIDEO: Danmarks mindste garder - TV 2 Nyhederne
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-47464210:video-danmarks-mindste-garder.html

Watch only if you can handle it...
Wonder how the guardsman manages to keep his composure?

Thanks for the many pics. QMII looked even more regal than usual tonight. Elizabethan actually, a Renaissance-queen as one of you pointed out.
Put a hat with a veil on Mary's head and she would be almost medieval.

That's too cute :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom