Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to see Queen Margrethe and Henrik out and about together and looking happy and cheerful. Has Henrik lost weight lately, I wonder? That splendid blue jacket he's wearing looks as if it's hanging on him.

:previous: very sweet. Im sure they will enjoy seeing the grandkids soon

:previous: very sweet. Im sure they will enjoy seeing the grandkids soon

Not only looking forward to seeing the kids and the grandkids but, if you ask me, they're pretty darned happy to be with each other too. There just is, to me, a level of happiness that comes from photos sometimes that just cannot be faked.

Not only looking forward to seeing the kids and the grandkids but, if you ask me, they're pretty darned happy to be with each other too. There just is, to me, a level of happiness that comes from photos sometimes that just cannot be faked.

Totally agree with you. The Queen and Prince Henrik are a really happily married couple. This picture should put the rumours about them being separated to rest.

God bless them.

Either Prince Henriks blue jacket is new and a size too large or he has lost some weight in the tummy area.

I love how Margrethe loves the use of color and I'd also wager my last pecan roll that close at hand, to go with the raincoat, is her trusty daisy umbrella. :D

This truly is a woman that enjoys what she does and isn't afraid to show it.

I love how Margrethe loves the use of color and I'd also wager my last pecan roll that close at hand, to go with the raincoat, is her trusty daisy umbrella. :D

This truly is a woman that enjoys what she does and isn't afraid to show it.

No doubt. Or something wilder. :lol:

Today the Queen received newly appointed officers from the Navy
Modtagelse af nyudnævnte officerer fra Søværnet | Kongehuset

the Danish navy uniform (long coat) is just fantastic ;)
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/peter_baunsgaard8.jpg?itok=9TOcl7d6

The full dress uniform.
And what an appropriate place to receive the new officers.

:previous: Great find. :flowers:

Okay, that's about the last place I'd imagine QMII to go. - But she has got grandchildren now, so...

Yes, all official DRF cars have a crown on the number plates. So they have the nickname "crown-cars".

Now, I'm 95 % certain where she went.
To the left of the photo, before the bookstore, there is a shop specializing in games. Cards, dice, you name it, they've got it.
Perhaps something for the family when she goes to Gråsten?

Last edited:
One of life's greatest pleasures is shopping for the grandchildren. ;)

:previous: I look forward to that one! Think of all the noisy toys and drums you can delight your grandchildren with - and then say goodbye and drive home... :p
Payback for all the times your children kept you awake at night. :D

Anyway, the BB coverage of the DRF these weeks is to say the least very meager!

QMII left Marselisborg for a few hours and ventured out in the rain, wearing her by any standard unique new raincoat and went to a scout-camp.

While PH, who is the patron of the 150 year old steam-screw frigate Jylland (Jutland) donned a schlager-singer outfit and his goatie and went visiting.

The frigate is always worth a visit BTW.

But look for yourselves here: https://app.box.com/s/nf5oji8u1uln00s2yyy8ojzhhu6cia26

Oh, and for the fun of it, I scanned the entire royal coverage this week.

Last edited:
I'm also going to post this in the Nice thread, since I think that thread is about to be closed down.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/dronning-margrethe-vi-er-dybt-bedroevede

Here is the words in the message QMII send to President Hollande on the occasion of the atrocity in Nice.
"We are deeply saddened about the attack on the crowd who celebrated the French national day and the ideals France represents in Nice last night.
Therefore Mr. President please accept our deepest sympathy for You and the families left behind, the injured and for the French people".

- I imagine Marie and PH will yet again represent the DRF at a memorial service with the French ambassador, whom we have unfortunately learned to know well here in DK over the past couple of years.
I saw a brief interview with him, he was not only deeply saddened, but also very angry and didn't hide that fact.

---------------

But QMII was not the only royal to offer condolences.

Prince Albert of Monaco.
King Willem-Alexander.
King Phillipe.
King Carl-Gustav.
King Harald.

Their messages are recorded here as well.

PH has been unveiling a sculpture of his in the town of Tønder, three km from Schackenborg.
The sculpture is called Torso Maskulin. - I'm not quite sure what it is, but I actually like it.

Here is a gallery: Se alle billederne: Prins Henrik i topform præsenterede sit seneste kunstværk

Notice the print on his tie.
Even when PH appear to be fairly conventionally attired there is always a twist...

PH has been unveiling a sculpture of his in the town of Tønder, three km from Schackenborg.
The sculpture is called Torso Maskulin. - I'm not quite sure what it is, but I actually like it.

Here is a gallery: Se alle billederne: Prins Henrik i topform præsenterede sit seneste kunstværk

Notice the print on his tie.
Even when PH appear to be fairly conventionally attired there is always a twist...
Muhler! The sculpture is a celebration of masculine curves, for a change! Bravo Prince Henrik! Now, about that tie....?

Perhaps Henrik got some ideas for his sculpture from beach goers on his summer holidays in France? I'm sure he's very pleased with the finished result. What a creative couple he and the Queen are! Do either of their sons sculpt or design or write poetry, or paint?

Henri's creative streak comes out in his clothing for sure!

:previous:
You may very well be right, Curryong, you may very well be right! :p

I've seen personages slosh up and down the beach wearing speedos, who shouldn't be seen in daylight!
Perhaps they were indeed the inspiration?

Gerry, PH's tie is above reproof. It is on such an advanced level that the rest of us are left behind swallowing dust. PH is sensei. :notworthy:

:previous:
You may very well be right, Curryong, you may very well be right! :p

I've seen personages slosh up and down the beach wearing speedos, who shouldn't be seen in daylight!
Perhaps they were indeed the inspiration?

Gerry, PH's tie is above reproof. It is on such an advanced level that the rest of us are left behind swallowing dust. PH is sensei. :notworthy:
Agree, but am still waiting for your contribution to the dachshund photo caption contest:lol::flowers:

"H. M. The Queen has participated in the selection of more than 2,000 objects from the royal household deposits for a new exhibition at the Amalienborg Museum.
H. M. Queen Margrethe II and the royal house curator Elisabeth von Buchwald selected more than 2000 objects included in the exhibition "From the royal family's hiding." The exhibition recreates eight of the royal household deposits, including porcelain chamber, jewelry box, silver chamber, wardrobe, furniture store, art depot, attic and basement."

Fra Kongehusets gemmer | Kongehuset

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskek...9773810694540/329773630694558/?type=3&theater

Kongehuset aflyser sommerkoncert | BILLED-BLADET

Each year the Regent Couple host a concert at Chateau Cayx, but this year it has been cancelled.
The reason is the current security situation in France regarding public events.
In order for the concert to take place certain security precautions needs to be in place. These precautions are simply too much for what is actually a small and fairly intimate concert - it would also ruin the atmosphere. So no concert.

Reactions: eya
Although I can imagine that a lot of people will be disappointed with there not being a concert, its a pretty wise and rational move to take everything in consideration and opt out for the safest solution for everyone.

The best way to ensure that harm doesn't befall anyone is to obliterate the chance for it to.

Such a shame that it had to be cancelled. I assume there is increase security during their stay in France .

official announcement from the DRF webpage
Aflysning | Kongehuset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom