Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting! Dronning Margrethe overrasker: Ingen stor guldbryllupsfest | BILLED-BLADET

The court has announced that the Regent Couple will not celebrate their golden anniversary next publicly.
Instead they will mark their anniversary in private. And presumably much more quietly.

The obvious reason for this is of course QMII and PH's age.

And very appropriately here is a gallery of loving moments between PH and QMII: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...kke-mellem-dronning-margrethe-og-prins-henrik
Today is their 49th anniversary.

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Interesting! Dronning Margrethe overrasker: Ingen stor guldbryllupsfest | BILLED-BLADET

The court has announced that the Regent Couple will not celebrate their golden anniversary next publicly.
Instead they will mark their anniversary in private. And presumably much more quietly.

And very appropriately here is a gallery of loving moments between PH and QMII: SE BILLEDERNE: Kærlige øjeblikke mellem dronning Margrethe og prins Henrik | BILLED-BLADET

For me this decision is okay. Although I would have been very pleased to see them celebrating this milestone!

And very appropriately here is a gallery of loving moments between PH and QMII: SE BILLEDERNE: Kærlige øjeblikke mellem dronning Margrethe og prins Henrik | BILLED-BLADET

I'm not sure I buy the reason:flowers:

:previous: Well, you are not the only one...

The tabloids have seized the story and the angling is that the Regent Couple has basically cancelled the celebration of their anniversary - even though there were AFAIK no actual plans for public celebrations.

And the reasons that are being speculated on are:
Awareness in regards to spending taxpayer money on a party.
That the marriage is on the rocks.
And/or that PH is so gaga, he might either not show up or once again bring up the topic about not being king.

Had it not been for PH's odd retirement I would have dismissed these theories and pointed to the age of PH and QMII.
That is still IMO the most plausible explanation, but a part of me admittedly can't help considering whether there really is something in the above theories. (The one about money being the IMO least interesting).

The Trine Villemann women has been wheeled out again, and yet again she is speaking half-truths and distorting facts to suit her view.
I've dueled with her years ago elsewhere several times, and she can't stand her ground if someone goes for her throat. Then she sulks and back out. But the chances of Danish journalists doing that is next to non-existent, because that requires that you read up on the subject. And only the very best journalists do that nowadays. (For Danish members: I would pay serious money to see her in the clutches of Clement Kjersgaard. Just fifteen minutes would do! :D)

’Henrik er et løsgående missil’ - her er ekspertens tre årsager til aflysning af kongelig guldbryllupsfest
Margrethe og Henrik overrasker: Vil ikke fejre guldbryllup med danskerne

:previous: hmm interesting indeed.

the DRF also have a post on today's anniversary and a gallery of the wedding
Regentparrets bryllupsdag | Kongehuset
"H. M. The Queen and HRH Prince can June 10, 2017 celebrate golden wedding. Based on a series of inquiries on how gold wedding will be marked, it can be stated that the Royal Couple wants to hold gold wedding in private."

Hopefully we get a big family picture at least.

Lene Balleby has elaborated to BT: Kongehuset til BT: Derfor dropper vi guldbryllupsfesten

She is quoted for saying: "It's a natural consequence of the Prince having retired and no longer taking part in official events in the same way he has done before.
The Regent Couple have decided that their golden anniversary next year is to be celebrated in private".

- She seems to have asked, because a short time ago she said to Ekstra Bladet that she did not know of reasons for not celebrating in public and that she knew of no details about how it would be celebrated then, if celebrated at all.
She just confirmed that a private celebration is just that, a private celebration.

I think there will not be public events celebrating the birthday wedding as it will be privat and celebrated at the Chateau Cayx

I see PH is yet again dressed in a style of his own. :cool:

:previous: He looks quite "kingly" to me. ;)

:previous: And felt kingly too... :lol:

But that's nothing. You should see some of the robes PH is trying in front of the mirror at home... :king3::royalrobes::napoleon:

If Liberace by some miracle was brought back to life and saw PH, he would immediately return to his coffin!
- It's true, people say so down at the grocers.

If Liberace by some miracle was brought back to life and saw PH, he would immediately return to his coffin!
- It's true, people say so down at the grocers.

Then they must have missed the newsflash that if Liberace and PH were to meet up with each other, they'd happily peruse over each other's closets and in a disagreement on outfits, call in Elton John. :whistling:

:ROFLMAO: I'd love to see that!

Then they must have missed the newsflash that if Liberace and PH were to meet up with each other, they'd happily peruse over each other's closets and in a disagreement on outfits, call in Elton John. :whistling:

Oh to be a fly on the wall at that meeting!

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Yes, PH is busy as never before. Today he will go to the Tunø Festival on the tiny island of, surprise, Tunø located in Aarhus Bay.
He usually visit the festival at this time of year, so no surprise there. This year however he will be made honorary-member of the festival.

Here is a pic of PH at a previous visit: http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/435/7/2200x/7435670-festival-jubler-over-officielt-prinsebesg---1.jpg

See a gallery from previous years: Galleri -

It's wonderful place to be when the weather is great. And when the weather is pretty poor like today, you just drink more beer. :cheers:

I couldn't resist this charming photo of the local post-boat: http://cdn.simplesite.com/i/d6/7e/286823008001883862/i286823014275283001._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Last edited:
Dronning Margrethe og prins Henriks hyggelige aften: Morer sig i Zirkus Nemo | BILLED-BLADET

Tonight QMII and PH went to Zirkus Nemo to see QMII's absolute favorite comedian, Søren Østergaard.
Circus Nemo is not a circus but more like a traveling comedy-show. It just takes place in a small circus tent.

I see PH is wearing his schlager-singer outfit again. And indeed Søren Østergaard remarked to PH: "That jacket there, sure is a gift". = Perfect for the occasion.

Since the match between Portugal and Poland is still going on, I think we can safely say QMII and PH are not soccer-fans.

Last edited:
Ah yes, apple green. Very fetching. I'm glad the Queen enjoyed her favourite comedian. She deserves a few laughs. It's also very nice to see Henrik and Queen Margrethe together on an outing, just enjoying themselves.

:previous: And she got a good laugh, according to this article. Royalt grineflip: Dronningen og Henrik blev kaldt 'det grimmeste publikum nogensinde'

The show consists of a row of recurring characters. One of them being "smadremanden" = Something like Ken Knuckle-duster who started the show by declaring it was the ugliest audience he had ever seen. - And then the show was rolling as far as the Regent Couple, especially QMII is concerned.
So QMII has a wacky sense of humor.

Here is a video of one of the characters, in Danglish.
Notice Mary I don't think she quite gets it. It is indeed wacky humor and I guess deliberate Danglish must be difficult for a native English-speaker who has just begun to really learn Danish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFPw-yy64gM

And here is PH - in his green schlager-outfit - seeing a parody of himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ4G_5f-14E

Last edited:
Henrik seems to be thoroughly enjoying the skit poking fun at his love of the good life. He obviously has a good sense of humour!
You're right. Humour sometimes doesn't translate well, and it must feel very awkward when you are in the audience and an obviously much loved comedian is performing but you can't see what other people are laughing at. Still, Mary has the rest of her life to 'get it'!

:previous: And she's getting there. :)
It also has to be said that Zircus Nemo is based very much on irony and subtle nuances of the languages.

Anyway, here is a gallery of the Regent Couple: Regentparret morede sig kongeligt i Zirkus Nemo - Foto | stiften.dk

Unfortunately for the second time local pranksters have tried to steal a suit of one of the characters played by Søren Østergaard.
An outfit was stolen a few days ago and returned. This night another group of you people tried to steal another of his outfits but were chased away. They are IMO hardly criminals but it smells more to me like high-schoolers who have just finished and haven't stopped partying yet.

Last edited:
:previous:
Was that clip of Mary over ten years ago?

What cuties! No need to ask who owns these two! My grandmother owned dachshunds and they are dogs who possess a beautiful temperament.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom