Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While down in Southern Jutland, Prince Henrik read aloud from his poetry, along side one of the absolute divas within Danish movie and theatres, Ghita Nørby.
She must be well into her 70's now and still going strong.

QMII and the Berleburgs were there too on this miserable summer evening at Augustenborg Manor: Prince Henrik recites poetry in the pouring rain | Royalista

Two views of Augustenborg Manor: http://lysivinduerne.dk/sites/default/files/images/45-001-7641-62.jpg

http://historiskatlas.dk/image/60/101160.jpg

They will not be a family gathering in Caix , only a photoshot and Joachim and family did not attend. Sad.

Prince Henrik will sell part of his lands and I think his Wine of Chateau de Caix.
He is too old and his Sons are not interested .

do the rest of the family, F+M or J+M and their children, go to cayx these days? i don't think we have seen them there much in the last few years?

:previous: It is more than unlikely that M&F and J&M will visit the Regent Couple, now that school has started

They will not be a family gathering in Caix , only a photoshot and Joachim and family did not attend. Sad.

Prince Henrik will sell part of his lands and I think his Wine of Chateau de Caix.
He is too old and his Sons are not interested .

Not necessary not interested but perhaps more busy. at least in Frederik's case he is taking more and more from the Queen, and with 4 busy kids...

do the rest of the family, F+M or J+M and their children, go to cayx these days? i don't think we have seen them there much in the last few years?

I think they have gone every summer at least. This summer we havent seen photos but maybe Joachim and family went quietly in July? Frederik and family spent all of July at Grasten this summer...
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/450431620-danish-royal-family-of-denmark-attends-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXVJHaToX97QOD%2BOVSfTQU4ybNtkDB971ZyY1bgWTmhcPlz846DHiNsyxhADHgERgw%3D%3D
http://royalista.com/wp-content/ima...joachim-of-denmark_holidays_travel--h=500.jpg

and the royal couple has gone every year too in the summer

Last edited:
And now for something less pleasant.

Summary of a long article in Billed Bladet #35, 2015.
Written by Trine Larsen.

PH has a few issues in his family.
His younger brother, Jean Baptiste de Laborde de Montpezat is seriously ill with cancer. He is better now and was able to attend a charity concert at Chateau Cayx with his wife.
However, his sister, Maurille Beauvillain is also sick with cancer and she was too ill to attend.
But his other brother, Etienne de Montpezat, who lives near Cayx is fortunately not ill.

At present the Regent Couple are on their usual holiday at their chateau in France. Here BB's Trine Larsen with photographer Hanne Huul, followed QMII on one of her trips to the town of Cahor near the chateau, where she shops for dinner and for whatever she fancies.
The locals are used to seeing the Queen of Denmark and ignore her out of courtesy.
QMII, followed by her LiW and in a couple of cases this year at least her good friends baroness Birgit Wedell-Wedellsborg, and a PET officer, has her favorite places where she shops at the local outdoor market.
QMII has never money on her person. Her LiW will pay for her, but one day QMII did pick up her own purse from her back when she one day went with er friend Birgit Wedell-Wedellsborg who couldn't resist a little culinary temptation, so QMII had to air her purse and pay 50 Euros.

QMII usually go to the market on Wednesdays and Saturdays should you one day find yourself in Cahors in August.

But one of the traditions at Chateau Cayx in August is a charity concert, with the participation of the Music Corps of the Royal Lifeguards Regiment.
And this year, completely surprising the Regent Couple, two musicians had put music to four of PH's poems. That delighted the Regent Couple. PH saying: "It's a lovely, lovely concert and a wonderful evening. I'm very glad and pleased".
The 70 guests present who were also invited for dinner were treated to a mix of Danish and French music.

The surplus from the concert went to among other things to an organization run by PH's sister Catherine (she's a nun) and to help restoring the local church.

Koldings borgmester i kongeligt kiks - Danmark | www.bt.dk

Yes, Iceflower. That was a funny and somewhat embarrassing story that was well covered on the news tonight, :lol:

QMII went to the small town Christiansfeld that has been included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. The locals are pretty delighted about that of course.
In that context the mayor of the municipality the town belongs to, Jørn Pedersen, gave a speech and displayed a water color that the town has displayed as been made by QMII when she was fourteen years old, depicting distinct houses in the town.
While the mayor was talking about that QMII waved and interrupted, saying she hasn't made that painting!
The poor mayor was taken completely aback and blurted out: "What are you saying? It isn't you"?!? Using the somewhat incorrect informal you, but QMII didn't mind.
So the mayor stood there; how to move on from here? :lol:

As a result of that story the museum where the painting is exhibited has been flooded with curious people, who all wanted to see the painting QMII did not paint...
That is, the museum claims she did: "Well, the Queen is only human. Her memory may have failed her".
- So I think we can expect a further update to this little story. :p

Last edited:
So to figure out the Queen says not painted while the museum answers that just Queen do not remember? :lol: We expect soon update please.

Koldings borgmester i kongeligt kiks - Danmark | www.bt.dk

Yes, Iceflower. That was a funny and somewhat embarrassing story that was well covered on the news tonight, :lol:

QMII went to the small town Christiansfeld that has been included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. The locals are pretty delighted about that of course.
In that context the mayor of the municipality the town belongs to, Jørn Pedersen, gave a speech and displayed a water color that the town has displayed as been made by QMII when she was fourteen years old, depicting distinct houses in the town.
While the mayor was talking about that QMII waved and interrupted, saying she hasn't made that painting!
The poor mayor was taken completely aback and blurted out: "What are you saying? It isn't you"?!? Using the somewhat incorrect informal you, but QMII didn't mind.
So the mayor stood there; how to move on from here? :lol:

As a result of that story the museum where the painting is exhibited has been flooded with curious people, who all wanted to see the painting QMII did not paint...
That is, the museum claims she did: "Well, the Queen is only human. Her memory may have failed her".
- So I think we can expect a further update to this little story. :p

indeed, whoever told the mayor about the painting's origin has a 'lot of 'splaining to do! \:lol:

At least they didn't claim that it failed her out of another reason, that would have been less charming..;)

This afternoon, August 31, Queen Margrethe visited the Queen's Holiday Village in Grenaa tha celebrates its 25th anniversary.

** BB: Dronning Margrethe fik et portræt af stofpuder ** translation **

** stiften.dk: Alle tiders dronning i alle tiders ferieby ** translation **

While Queen Margrethe was already back on duty, Prince Henrik stayed a bit longer in France and attended the 20th book fair 'La Foret Des Livres' in Chanceaux-près-Loches, central France, on August 30:

** Pic **

Today QMII takes part in the ordination of Henrik Wigh-Poulsen as bishop over Aarhus Diocese.

There has been a lot of these ordinations over the past years due to the age fact ;) But IIRC then it will take a few years now before the next one.

It is such a pretty and colourful view to see all the bishops in their finest. Many of the ropes are designed by QMII.

QMII wore a green ensemble :)

LINKS: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronning-margrethe-til-bispevielse-i-aarhus
PHOTOS: http://stiften.dk/aarhus/ny-biskop-i-aarhus

Last edited:
Well, the mystery about the painting QMII said she never painted, but has been attributed to her for 60 years, has been solved.
BB writes in issue #35, that back around 1954 an artist who lived in the town of Christiansfeld, named Lars Svane, most likely painted the little painting.
About that time Princess Margrethe visited the town and somehow this little painting was attributed and displayed as being by her.
You can see it here: https://app.box.com/s/8sel0kthom9ntvs2qkth9lcho4zslm1s

Summary of two Q&A's in Billed Bladet #37, 2015.

Where a Hanne Hansen would like to know whether QMII is required to have the same hairstyle due to the portraits of her on stamps and coins.

Jon Bloch Skipper responds: No. - QMII can wear her hair anyway she likes and BTW she's had the same hairdresser, Poul Nejlund, for 35 years. On a day to day basis she handles her hair herself.

----------------

But a Karen Marie Kristensen is disappointed with QMII.
She noticed that QMII was seen buying fois gras at the market in France during August and surely that isn't compatible with QMII being patron of the Association for Protection of Animals in Denmark.

Jon Bloch Skipper wholeheartedly agrees! He can't understand how that is possible for QMII, nor does he believe it's in accordance with §5 in the Legislation Regarding the Protection of Animals, which forbids force-feeding of animals.
Perhaps QMII does not consider it a big problem if she buy fois gras in countries where it's produced legally.

- Okay, my knowledge of fois gras is very limited, I haven't even tasted it. Is it still such a big problem now? Or has the production become more humane so to speak?

Because i don't understand why Queen revealed this statue in England? He relation to Denmark?

Because i don't understand why Queen revealed this statue in England? He relation to Denmark?

It certainly has. The statue is in honor of the now amalgamated British regiment nicknamed The Buffs. QMII is honorary colonel of the amalgamated regiment. - And I can never remember the name of the regiment off hand. You know senility. :ermm:

Reactions: eya
The Queen is " Colonel-in-Chief of the The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (Queen's and Royal Hampshires) in United Kingdom."
not sure if its the same regiment

The Buffs (Royal East Kent Regiment), formerly the 3rd Regiment of Foot.

In 1961 it was amalgamated with the Queen's Own Royal West Kent Regiment to form the Queen's Own Buffs, The Royal Kent Regiment which was later merged, on 31 December 1966, with the Queen's Royal Surrey Regiment, the Royal Sussex Regiment and the Middlesex Regiment (Duke of Cambridge's Own) to form the Queen's Regiment which was again amalgamated with the Royal Hampshire Regiment, in September 1992, to create the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (Queen's and Royal Hampshires).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffs_(Royal_East_Kent_Regiment)

Queen Margrethe II is Colonel-in-Chief of the The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (Queen's and Royal Hampshires)

The Queen of Denmark has unveiled a bronze statue in recognition of the Royal East Kent Regiment. Queen Margrethe was the guest of honour at the ceremony in the grounds of Canterburry Cathedral. The sculpture is a lasting tribute to The Buffs, which was one of the oldest regiments of the British Army. British and Danish veterans were among those taking part in today's event.
Updates and video: Queen of Denmark unveils new statue in Canterbury - ITV News

Last edited by a moderator:
The Princess of Wales Regiment renamed themselves after their other Colonel, HRH The Princess of Wales in '92'.

:previous: Thanks, all of you. :)

The first Danish astronaut, Andreas Mogensen, has returned safely from the International Space Station after ten days in orbit.

And QMII has issued the following statement: Her Majesty the Queen has asked me to convey her most heartfelt greetings and congratulations after the successful journey to space.
The Queen has expressed a wish to receive you in Copenhagen as soon as it it possible.

- So this is how a call for private audience sounds?
It happens that QMII ask someone to attend a private audience, when there is someone she for various reasons wish to meet or know an opinion from.
Fortunately many schools and classes have followed him closely, because I think most parents can wholeheartedly agree that here we have a genuine role-model!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom