Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thanks, Valberg.

A drotkvad, that's a medieval word. Meaning something like a poetic praise of you liege. (Lord/master/sovereign).
QMII will have appreciated the gesture, no doubt.

And now for PH, he was out with the boys again.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2014.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

He and other old boys went hunting on the island of Bornholm.
Six of them in fact and they sailed onboard Dannebrog to Bornholm. (*)
And as usual they started with some male banter. Some of the gentlemen are mature, and well rounded - some would say ripe...
PH started: "Tonight we can eat the brains of the animals. But you won't dare eat brain"?
Christan Kjær (perhaps the most ripe of the gentlemen) retorted: "I dare, but surely you need it more than the rest of us".

They were not expecting large game on this deerhunt, Christian Kjær again: "It's after all not the weight that matters". Leading to an immediate remark from Peter Zobel another of the gentlemen: "Says you", and pointed at the belly of Christian Kjær.
Christian Kjær was very merry, being newlywed: "It's nice to be a newly wed, but it's after all not something new to me, I've tried it three times. After twenty years of marriage I always end up being replaced".

They had a great time, but only managed to shoot two animals, oh well. PH: "I saw 27 animals, but didn't shoot any. They were too small".
So it was PH who secured the dinner in the evening. Apparantly he knows a local suppplier of fresh fish, and he obtained some, which he the (conscript) cook onboard Dannebrog had bought at a "secret place".
"I'm crazy about fish. As an ex-French I eat more fish than many Danes. And these are very fresh. We are going to have them tonight and tomorrow".

- All this to give you an idea of how PH is enjoying his semi-retirement. Because articles like these are regularly featured in BB, I just rarely summarize them because I don't think they are considered that interesting.

(*) Danneborg is every year around this time in its shakedown phase, where the conscript crew are gaining their sealegs for the upcoming summer cruises.
And often PH hitch a ride. - After all the ship has to sail somewhere...

Queen Margrethe attended an episcopal consecration at the cathedral of Ribe yesterday, June 1
A little funny thing about Bishop Elof Westergaard: He is the son-in-law of a former Churchminister A.O. Andersen, who I´ve known since my childhood :)

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Møllerup Gods = Large farm/small manor is located in one of the most idyllic little spots in DK.
An hour and a half comfortable bicycle ride from where we live BTW - or twenty minutes if you are a teenage boy on a scooter...:cool:

This area, Mols, is famous or infamous for the Mols-stories taking place there. Some of the stories going back to the 17-1600's and ridiculing the locals for being incredibly stupid.
Examle: There was a stork trampling around on a field ruining some delicate crops. The locals discussed what to do and agreed on chasing the bird away.
But hey! One of the brighter locals pointed out: if one of us walk into the field, he will also trample down some of the crops and that would somehow defeat the point.
Hmm, what to do? Then the local genius came up with an idea: If four of them carry him on a stretcher, then he won't be trampling down the crop and he can get to the bird and chase it away without his feet touching the ground. :idea:
And thus they succeeded in chasing away the bird...

- This story, which we learned about in school BTW, originates back from the early 1700's.

I guess most countries have similar stories about a particular part of the country where the locals are less bright than elsewhere.
They are akin to the French stories about the stupid Belgians.

Last edited:
Muhler ,
What do you think of the interview Prince Henrik gave in french.
I saw it on place Royale , and he sad that it is terrible being less than his wife.
He said could you imagine King Philippe and Princess Mathilde ?

The interviewer said but in England.... but England is an island.....
There was a lot of bitterness ..

Muhler ,
What do you think of the interview Prince Henrik gave in french.
I saw it on place Royale , and he sad that it is terrible being less than his wife.
He said could you imagine King Philippe and Princess Mathilde ?

The interviewer said but in England.... but England is an island.....
There was a lot of bitterness ..

Haven't seen that interview.

But as for his wish about becoming king, he can forget all about it!

The politicians has said no, and the people say no as well, so he just has to live with it.
And my personal comment to that would simply be: "Grow up, PH"!

Last weekend Prince Henrik participated in the cultural event "La forêt des livres" (The forest of books) in Chanceaux-prés-Loches, France.

** pp pic ** IBL gallery **

A lovely looking Queen Margrethe officially opened the new Music Museum in Copenhagen today, September 11:

** ppe gallery **

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik are at the Chateau de Cayx in France these days and posed for some pics on October 3. They attended the start of the grape harvests and participated in a shooting of a documentary about their castle and their wines. Margrethe and Henrik also celebrated the inauguration of their private museum with 4000 pieces of art.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** pm gallery: Margrethe veille aux grains ** royalista.com article **

Last edited:
thanks
a nice week abroad for both:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the news and there was a segment about QMII inaugurating the newly renovated and now state of the art natural history museum Moesgaard Museum in Aarhus.
http://www.tv2oj.dk/artikel/229904:Aarhus----Det-er-en-stor-dag

For those interesting in bog mummies and human pre-history, this is a must! I personally look very much forward to visiting the museum - and with a little bit of luck I might persude wife or children to come along. :p

Anyway here are a couple of pics of the main attraction: The Grauballe Man (WARNING: nudity).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Grauballemanden2.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Grauballemanden.jpg
http://old.udkantsadam.dk/wp-content/uploads/dag31_1.jpg

And this is how he is believed to have looked like: http://grauballekonen.dk/uf/0_9999/6416/L/23e69f03c2ea6ef7af2aec981c0fbe56.jpg

He's been sleeping for some 2.000 years and he is believed to have been sacrificed. - But perhaps he was murder victim? An executed criminal? A prisoner of war? He certainly didn't commit suicide!

Anyway, there is no doubt in my mind that QMII could hardly wait to visit the museum! Prehistory is just her thing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom