Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too. :) I remember some years ago reading about PH saying something about his eyesight no longer being well suited for hunting. - Probably hunting birds in particular, which requires that you are able to focus while moving your eyes rapidly.

Thank you Muhler for posting this photo of the Prince consort and his hunting buddies who, I believe, enjoy the hunting lunches more than the actual hunt! Here is your cue, please, tell us about Danish hunting food! In return (and in thanks for the footman joke, that was very good indeed!) I give you this link to the recent photo of a Canadian 'bird' that would cause any man to focus and move his eyes rapidy!
https://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/miss_universe-1-copy.jpg?w=940

Thank you Muhler for posting this photo of the Prince consort and his hunting buddies who, I believe, enjoy the hunting lunches more than the actual hunt! Here is your cue, please, tell us about Danish hunting food! In return (and in thanks for the footman joke, that was very good indeed!) I give you this link to the recent photo of a Canadian 'bird' that would cause any man to focus and move his eyes rapidy!
https://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/miss_universe-1-copy.jpg?w=940

Ah the Canadian Bigwhigged Hockeybird. A favorite among bird-watchers... ;)

Alas, I fear I must disappoint you in regards to Danish hunting food. The mpst common being deer, boar and pheasants but as far as I know there are no particular Danish traditions or recipes with the exception of schnapps, nowadays mostly after the hunt. :hiding:

I have tried a butterscotch schnapps which is most delicious.

Well, since he can't be king, PH can at least be Dog-friend of the Year. Prins Henrik bliver Årets hundeven 2015 | Billed Bladet

Today in Copenhagen PH will take part in a award show for dogs (a kind of Dogscar - Okay, but come on that was simply irresistible :p) and here he will presented with the prize of being Dog-friend of the Year.
Danish Kennel Club for which PH is patron explains: "The Prince Consort has, among others i connection with his 80th birthday, displayed a charming winner-mentallity, with which he has won acknowledgement and respect from all the people of Denmark. Prince Henrik is both a dog-owner and a great friend of dogs and on top of that patron for Danish Kennel Club and as such it's very well deserved".

As a dog-owner myself I'll give him three: Wuf, wuf's. :wolf:

Last edited:
Agree, 'Leader of the Pack' well describes the Prince Consort :lol::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Iceflower.

The parade today was a bit different, because QMII in her speech to the soldiers emphasized the role the Royal Lifeguard had during the recent terror attack.

According to DR1 she said: "I will not omit to mention that for not that many weeks ago something took place in Copenhagen that probably made an impression on all of us.
I also know that the Lifeguard had it's, now well-known, but also essential role in being attentive and on the toes when things gor hot in the city. We couldn't know what the next minute would bring. But thank God we also knew where we had the Lifeguard".

BT has a nice gallery from the parade: Se billederne: Dronning Margrethe uddelte 'Dronningens ur' til intetanende garder | www.bt.dk
- It is however pretty obvious that the one who wrote the captions has next to no idea about military matters. The soldiers are not demonstrating their skills with their weapons, they are merely checking their rifles. And that's standard before a parade lest someone should drop a loaded rifle in middle of a crowded parade ground. :hiding:

Queen Margrethe attended the parade of the Royal Guard and handed out the Queen's watch in Copenhagen today, March 11:

** BB: Dronningens Ur tildelt garder Nielsen ** translation **

From the end of February until March 11th Queen Margrethe seems to have been missing in action. For part of that time Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim appear to have acted as Regents. Can anyone tell me where the Queen was? In France or perhaps ill? She just seems to have disappeared.

:previous: Wasn't she in Norway?

The Queen is definitely a creature of habit and she usually holidays in Norway end of Feb/beginning of March for a couple of weeks. Like Muhler, I just assumed that was where she was.

Maybe HM is at Trend or perhaps gone to warmer climes for a holiday.

Thankyou all for your answers. I didn't know she usually went to Norway, and I was puzzled.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik handed out the Amalienborg Prize at Fredensborg Palace today, March 19. The prize was presented to Danish Professor Henning Knudsen for the English translation of his work "The story of Flora Danica".

** kongehuset.dk ** ppe gallery **

QMII's close personal friend and author, Helle Stangerup is dead.
BT has compiled a gallery and there are quite a number of pics of Princess Margrethe and Helle Stangerup in their youth: Dronningens veninde død: Se billederne fra succesforfatteren Helle Stangerups liv | www.bt.dk

QMII has reached the age when old friends regrettably begin to die.

Pic #1: Princess Margrethe and Stangerup arrive to Copenhagen University, where QMII studied for a period.
Pic #2: They arrived late to the packed auditorium and had to stand up in the back of the auditorium for most of the lecture. Until later when they were offered seats. - Such an ordeal simply calls for a fag!
Pic #4: Princess Margrethe as godmother for Stangerup's son.
Pic #5: Princess Margrethe next to Stangerup as high school graduates.
Pic #8: Leaving Copenhagen University after passing her examination in Filosofikum. Princess Margrethe got top marks, UG or the grade 13, for my generation or 12 for the current generation.
Pic 9: Fashionably late is not a good idea when you want to attend a lecture at the university...

Last edited:
Must be very sad for HM to lose an old friend. As you say the royal couple are at an age where they will lose many old friends and acquaintances.

That is sad news - Helle Stangerup and Queen Margrethe seemed almost like sisters when they were young.

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

The article confirms that the RC have already moved to nearby Marselisborg.
I can well imagine that this exhibition - and Moesgaard Prehistorical museum in general, is something QMII would have been perfectly happy to drag herself on knees and elbows to attend!

BB informs us in this weeks magazine edition that PH have been on holiday in Egypt, with his cousin Clariette Lavasseur and a number of friends.

They first went to Cairo and visited the national museum and the pyramids at Giza, before moving on to Luxor, where the visited the Valley of the Kings.
The trip ended in Aswan and the Kom Ombo Temple.
During the trip the party stayed at hotels owned by PH's good friends the hotel owner Enan Galaly. - He worked himself up from the very bottom!

Yesterday evening, April 10, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attended the annual torchlight procession at Fredensborg:

** sn.dk gallery ** go.tv2dk video ** bt.dk gallery **

** BB: Dronning Margrethe satte fut i fakkelfesten på Fredensborg ** translation **

Thank you for this and for posting the video of the 'fakkeltogt'. The maddening thing about Danish is that, although it is fairly easy to read (and thank you to google translate), it is impossible to understand when spoken so that one needs to rely on our patient Danish speaking board members to translate for us what the Queen actually said during her thank you speech!:bang::bang: This is, of course, a plea to share the jokes that the Queen was telling, because she certainly got her audience to laugh! mange tak:flowers:

:previous:

You're welcome :flowers:

Yesterday, April 20, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg visited Denmark and was received by Queen Margrethe for a private audience.

The other gentleman on the pics is Nicolai Wammen, Danish Minister of Defence.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It seems like Prince Henrik is giving up on the wine production. Château de Cayx ? salg og produktion af vin bliver bortforpagtet - Kongehuset

There seems to be some kind of pattern here, but I'm not really sure what it is. There's Henriks recent "I should be king" outburst. Then there's a holiday in Egypt. After that, he's absent from the Queens birtday celebrations - allegedly out with the flu - but shows up as a tourist in Venice just Days after. I honestly don't know what to make of all this.

It seems like Prince Henrik is giving up on the wine production. Château de Cayx ? salg og produktion af vin bliver bortforpagtet - Kongehuset

There seems to be some kind of pattern here, but I'm not really sure what it is. There's Henriks recent "I should be king" outburst. Then there's a holiday in Egypt. After that, he's absent from the Queens birtday celebrations - allegedly out with the flu - but shows up as a tourist in Venice just Days after. I honestly don't know what to make of all this.

I'm wondering if he really was ill or is this somehow connected with his "I should be king rant?'

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe has received German Chancellor Angela Merkel for an audience today, April 28. Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt was present as well:

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom