Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 - July 2017

351d6k4.jpg

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for the current events of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Life, fortunately, goes on. Prins Henrik passer på verdens næsehorn | BILLED-BLADET

PH has made a sculpture of a rhino. 99 copies were made and they have all been sold. The proceeds of 200.000 DKK went to WWF, aimed at protecting the remaining rhinos in the wild.

Last month when PH visited Vietnam, hew saw the skeleton of the last rhino in Vietnam, it was shot by poachers five years ago.

I have seen a photo of rhino made by prince Henrik in "Point de vue" magazine ( nr 3508 ). I don't know if it's the same but at least in photo it looks as sculpture of high quality.
:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures I have seen are very lifelike. But I haven't found a working link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Margrethe has handed out the Queen's Watch in Copenhagen this afternoon, November 18:

** ppe gallery **

H.M. Queen Margrethe attend the University's annual celebration at the Copenhagen University

PPE

PPE Agency

I see QMII was wearing her Teletubbies hat at today's Commemoration :D

QMII and Henrik attending the Commemoration is such a lovely tradition and I know one of the recipients of this year's prize papers AND one of the new doctors so it was extra special for me this year.

This year's Royal Hunting at Gribskov took place today.

Article from BB
Prins Henrik blæste kongejagten i gang | BILLED-BLADET

It looks like Joachim joined Henrik at this year's hunt. This is the event where the Queen plays hosts to all the wives and usually takes them to an art show or museum .
"Exactly at eight o'clock came first the queen's dog, Evita happy running down the stairs. Soon after came the Prince Henrik and Prince Joachim, and the royal couple's 17 hunting guests from all over Europe to the stairs. They were followed by Prince Consort dachshund, Tillia."
"This morning was the queen's guests so the National Gallery of Art, which currently is a unique Eckersberg exhibition, 'A beautiful lie' as the royal couple at the opening of just over five weeks ago."

no word if Marie was there with the wives. Mary had two events and it looks like Frederik was on school runs since he was not there as well. ;)

and yes Joachim was dressed like Dr. Who and Henrik with a bright red sweater. :cool:

:previous: Thanks, Ladongas.

Well, it sure ain't the most flattering article about the DRF. And as can be expected from DM no attempts are made to actually explain what the whole thing is about.

I really don't like this pictures.
What do they eat at the hunting dinner ?

Well, it sure ain't the most flattering article about the DRF. And as can be expected from DM no attempts are made to actually explain what the whole thing is about.

Muhler- to the Daily Mail, a picture is worth 1,000 (incorrect, misspelled, ungrammatical) words.

Muhler- to the Daily Mail, a picture is worth 1,000 (incorrect, misspelled, ungrammatical) words.

I would think the Queen's sealskin jacket and alligator skin handbag would especially provoke fury with the animal rights people, compounded by the 'heartless display' of dead furry creatures:bang::ermm:

I really don't like this pictures.
What do they eat at the hunting dinner ?

BB doesn't say this week. But as it is a gala dinner, it ain't toast. There may be the odd fowl, but there doesn't seem to be much actual game served at these dinners.

Daily Mail summed up in one sentence...

I would think the Queen's sealskin jacket and alligator skin handbag would especially provoke fury with the animal rights people, compounded by the 'heartless display' of dead furry creatures:bang::ermm:

Glancing over the comments, that's exactly what it is.

That the number of deer at this time of year has reached a number where they in some forest are hit in considerable numbers by cars isn't mentioned.
And during icewinters they starve to death in their thousands if there are too many for the food available. Nature is merciless.

It's commonly known as the Daily Fail over here in the UK. Unless you are a vegetarian and wear non leather products you really have no cause to moan. We are so used to seeing our meat products nicely presented in the supermarkets that people forget where it had come from. And the fact that it was probably intensively reared in far worse conditions than these free range deer. At least the DRF are up front and honest about their hunting and the meat is eaten. On a fashion note ( which I know Muhler will love, lol ) QMII is wearing the seal skin coat she was given as a gift from the Greenlandic people this summer.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2015.
Written by Trine Larsen.

The grandest of the royal hunts took place recently at Fredensborg. The actual hunting took place in the nearby Grib Forest, but the base was Fredensborg.

Altogether 19 hunters went out into the woods, including PH and Joachim. Frederik wasn't present.
While the menfolks went shooting QMII as always organized a cultural outing for the ladies.
First they went to the State Museum for Art. Then on to the National Museum before ending the ordeal at the newly restored Eremitage hunting palace.
That included a lunch.
Those of you who know about QMII will also notice that art, archaeology and history are among QMII's favorite topics. And with QMII the ladies were guaranteed to have a both knowingly but also very enthusiastic guide!
Mary and our Marie didn't attend. They only arrived in time for dinner in the evening.
- I've noticed before that M&M have a tendency to avoid these cultural excursions. I can help having a little suspicion as to why. I read a quote some years ago that with QMII as guide you can be sure that every single facet of an exhibition will be covered! And I can well believe it! QMII in full nerd-mode must be an experience - especially if you are not that interested in art or bog-mummies. :lol:

Another thing is that I strongly suspect that the game parade, even though a very old tradition, isn't Mary's cup of tea. Which is why I suspect she's rarely around.

Anyway, when it was time for the game parade, the Regent Couple arrived in their golf car complete with two dachshunds. QMII was indeed wearing a sealskin jacket from the Greenlandic Parliament. ;)
While a huge furskin cap wore PH inside it...

It was a good hunt with altogether 115 pieces of game being paraded, but then we had a mild winter last year.

It's really a social gathering for old friends. The senior family members of the circle of friends around the DRF were well represented, but there were also foreign friends present. Like Prince Ferdinando Ferrara Pignatelli.
Prince Phillippe of Liechtenstein.
Duchess Philemena de Vendome with her daughter.
Baroness de Cabrol.

Last edited:
Oh dear to display the animals like that I think is uncalled for. It might be tradition but I don't blame Mary for being busy elsewhere it's not something that she would feel comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Hunting is a way of life in the Nordic countries but I wonder if this event will continue this "big" in the future, when the regent couple is no more..?

This is from an article about huntig traditions in Europe, which explains the tradition of the game parade (which so many here find disgusting):

"After a hunt, whether an individual or driven hunt, hunters pay their respects to the game taken. During the closing ceremony—the game bag—the game is laid down, with its right side facing the ground, in a rectangle defined by pine branches. There are fires at each of the four corners. With this presentation, hunters say goodbye to the game and show their appreciation for nature. Each downed animal has a small branch most often from a pine tree, in its mouth representing its last bite. When taking the game from the place where it was caught, the hunters point the animal’s head toward the natural area so that for the last time it can look at the place where it lived."

Last edited:
Thank you Nordic for explaining why the animals are laid out in the way they are. It's always good to understand traditions and the reasons why something is done in a particular culture.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Thanks Nordic for the explanation. There is a meaning to the madness (DK idiom).

And I think you may be right. This tradition may fade out, both as the Regent Couple (thanks Nordic) and their friends grow older but also because this really isn't Mary.
Game parade? - Wellll... And dragging the unfortunate female guests around to museums? - I think Frederik would be a better guide as he is keenly interested in art.

So perhaps our Marie will take over as the main hostess? This hunting-thing is I believe something she is more accustomed to.

Whoever will take over as hostess I think it will become more like a funny afternoon with the girls.

Last edited:
And I think you may be right. This tradition may fade out, both as M&F and their friends grow older but also because this really isn't Mary.
Game parade? - Wellll... And dragging the unfortunate female guests around to museums? - I think Frederik would be a better guide as he is keenly interested in art.

So perhaps our Marie will take over as the main hostess? This hunting-thing is I believe something she is more accustomed to.

Whoever will take over as hostess I think it will become more like a funny afternoon with the girls.

Don't you mean when the regent couple grow older?? M&F are really not that old yet.

I'm sure the hunting itself will continue but a very big event like this, with foreign guests staying for the whole weekend. Not sure about that.

The poor women don't have to be dragged to museums all the time. The hostess could actually try to come up with something that interests as many as possible, not just what she wants to do herself....

:previous: The Regent Couple yes. :)

Indeed, I think the thing about having a hunting weekend, that's more Joachim and our Marie's area. - They are both a bit on the conservative side.

:previous: The Regent Couple yes. :)

Indeed, I think the thing about having a hunting weekend, that's more Joachim and our Marie's area. - They are both a bit on the conservative side.

On the conservative side until he goes off completely with his pink pants lol ;)

I wonder why Frederik didn't attend, if Mary went to the dinner? Maybe his hunting attire was deemed too tame in comparison to Henrik's and Joachim's . :lol:

Yes, it´s more Prince Joachim and Princess Marie´s area, but this a "Kongejagt" (King Hunt), so I think that this hunt will be taken over by CP Frederik and CPss Mary :)

:previous: Not necessarily. Joachim also hosts royal hunts and those who take part now are mainly the friends of the Regent Couple rather than the younger generations.
So I think there is a good chance this will become more low key.

Earlier this year the astronaut Andreas Mogensen was the first Dane in space and he was indeed presented with a rare medal by QMII upon returning.

Tuesday he told about his experience and his work aboard the International Space Station at the Royal Geographical Society. Where QMII were among those who listened. - Among the other present was also the astronauts very likable mother who has a wry sense of humor.
Dronning Margrethe vild med astronaut Andreas | BILLED-BLADET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom