Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's State Visit to South Korea: October 5-12, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Margrethe(R) looks traditional texture of the Korea on Insadong street in Seoul, South Korean, 07 October 2007

ANP Gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
Denmark's Queen Margrethe II (C) walks around in the shopping district of Insa-Dong in Seoul October 7, 2007. Queen Margrethe arrived in Seoul on Saturday for a one-week official visit. REUTERS/Jo Yong-Hak (SOUTH KOREA)
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

ANP Pictures
Picture 1
picture 2
picture 3

Denmark's Queen Margrethe II gets away from a heat of a fire kiln at Haegang Ceramics Museum in Icheon, east of Seoul, South Korea, Sunday, Oct. 7, 2007 (AP via Yahoo)
Picture - looks like she was about to trip over

Last edited:
Queen of Denmark Arrives in Seoul

"Denmark is a small country with no coal or iron industry. Its solid human resources are the source of its competitiveness. Small and medium-sized Danish businesses boast of world-class competitiveness through innovation and brilliant ideas." Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, the "land of fairy tales," has arrived in South Korea for the first time, accompanied by her husband Prince Consort Henrik.
Read rest of the article here :)

Will there be any gala? I just love the glitz of the diamonds!

Queen of Denmark Arrives in Seoul

"Denmark is a small country with no coal or iron industry. Its solid human resources are the source of its competitiveness. Small and medium-sized Danish businesses boast of world-class competitiveness through innovation and brilliant ideas." Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, the "land of fairy tales," has arrived in South Korea for the first time, accompanied by her husband Prince Consort Henrik.
Read rest of the article here :)

Very good article, thanks for posting it!

BTW, is anyone else having trouble opening the polfoto pics?

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe demonstrated her ceramic painting skills while on an official visit to South Korea - article

Denmark's Queen Margrethe II (L) waves to students during a welcoming ceremony at the presidential house in Seoul, South Korea October 8, 2007. Queen Margrethe II arrived in South Korea on Saturday for a seven-days visit. REUTERS/Lee Jin-man/ Pool via yahoo

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Prince Henrik is still ill; he will leave South Korea already on Wednesday according to this article from B.T. online- Prins Henrik rejser hjem fra Sydkorea onsdag - royalt. According to this, he has been admitted to a military hospital because of his bronchitis; queen Margrethe will return on Thursday, one day earlier than planned.

Danish royal couple to shorten South Korean visit after queen's husband takes ill - article

I hope prince Henrik will recover soon. It's always a bit alarming when a smoker suffers from such a severe bronchitis that he has to cut short a trip abroad. I hope it's nothing serious.

Did Prince Henrik restart to smoke ?? I have thought he has quiet smoking a few years ago. Wasn't he once quoted saying "let the people smoking to death" or something along these lines when the smoking of his wife was critized.

Did Prince Henrik restart to smoke ?? I have thought he has quiet smoking a few years ago. Wasn't he once quoted saying "let the people smoking to death" or something along these lines when the smoking of his wife was critized.

I think you are right Stefan that he quit smoking some years ago. There has been some articles here yesterday where it was mentioned that Henrik started having these bronchitis attacks a few years back - and that it affected his lungs and his vocal cords - so he stopped smoking.

The article I quoted the other day about a smoking room for the Joachim, the queen and Henrik must be wrong - seems that only Joachim and the queen keep to their cigarettes.

I think you are right Stefan that he quit smoking some years ago. There has been some articles here yesterday where it was mentioned that Henrik started having these bronchitis attacks a few years back - and that it affected his lungs and his vocal cords - so he stopped smoking.

The article I quoted the other day about a smoking room for the Joachim, the queen and Henrik must be wrong - seems that only Joachim and the queen keep to their cigarettes.

In wondered only because on Danish Royal Watchers there is an article that frederik stoped smoking but that at the Cancelihuset there is still room to smoke for the Queen, Henrik and Joachim.

See here the entrance: Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik: Mary helped me to quit smoking

any information about what her majesty said at the press conference?

Queen Margrethe II (2nd L) is guided after a press conference at the Changdeok palace in central Seoul, 10 October 2007. Queen Margrethe called for expanded business ties between her country and South Korea and expressed regret that her husband had to return earlier than scheduled due to illness.

ANP Gallery

In wondered only because on Danish Royal Watchers there is an article that frederik stoped smoking but that at the Cancelihuset there is still room to smoke for the Queen, Henrik and Joachim.

See here the entrance: Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik: Mary helped me to quit smoking
Yes, I read that article; it seems there is conflicting information about Henrik smoking or not.
In this article jp.dk - Prins Henrik tidligere ramt af lungeproblemer from JyllandsPosten on 09.10 is says that Henrik probably quit smoking some years back after he had a lung examination in 1997 (to rule out lung cancer) and that he may have chronical bronchitis now - which may be relieved somewhat if the person stop smoking.

Back
Top Bottom