Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's State Visit to Indonesia: October 22-24, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A press conference will be held at the royal palace on Wednesday, October 7 at 11:30am
kongehuset.dk

as an indonesians,I'm Happy,So Happpppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
but I didn't live in Jakarta,I live in a small town,IM POOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as an indonesians,I'm Happy,So Happpppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
but I didn't live in Jakarta,I live in a small town,IM POOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds great. :)

Will you help us keeping updated on what the press has to say about the visit?

The official program has been published
Program for statsbesøg i Indonesien - Kongehuset

The state visit will focus on Danish strongholds in various fields in the Danish business sector, such as the maritime and lifestyle. Similarly, the state visit strengthen cooperation between Denmark and Indonesia.
There will be an official reception by the royal couple in Jakarta. The inspection of honor guard takes place during reception at the Presidential Palace. The royal couple will meet with the President of Indonesia HE Joko Widodo and attend the president's state banquet. In addition, the royal couple visit companies, museums, seminars and conferences, and attend the opening of a design and lifestyle exhibition. In connection with the state visit holds royal couple return event in Jakarta.

In Yogyakarta will H.M. Queen visit a batikudstilling and Gadja Mada University. In Surabaya to HRH Prince Consort visit enterprises and visit the port of Surabaya.

The visit takes place in the 70th anniversary of Indonesia's independence and the 65th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations with Denmark, which underlines the close Danish-Indonesian relationship. Moreover, it is the first time a Danish ruler pays an official state visit to Indonesia.

Last edited:
:previous:

Most events are separate events which is a pity. I wouldve at least expected that the Prince would accompany the Queen to the Laying wreaths at the war memorial on the second day of the visit.

Thanks for the program of the visit.

Most events are separate events which is a pity. I wouldve at least expected that the Prince would accompany the Queen to the Laying wreaths at the war memorial on the second day of the visit.

Thanks for the program of the visit.

I wonder with his latest "I should be King" outburst if he will stay home?

I think Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik have arrived in Jakarta this morning as per Danish ambassador to Indonesia twitter below:

Casper Klynge ‏@DubesDenmark 3h3 hours ago
A truly historic day 4 Denmark's relations with Indonesia: I'm on my way to airport to receive HM The Queen!

We can follow the state visit here from Danish Embassy facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/DenmarkInIndonesia

News report says that they are travelling by private jet and after the end of the state visit,Queen and Prince Consort will stay in Indonesia for a few more days for private visit.

Queen and Prince Consort will have separate programme to maximise the state visit because of the time constraint.

Last edited:
The Royal couple has officially started the state visit

Welcoming ceremony at presidential palace this morning

Jokowi Sambut Kunjungan Perdana Ratu Denmark

Ratu Margrethe II Kenakan Gaun Motif Bunga saat Temui Jokowi - Tribunnews.com

http://photo.liputan6.com/peristiwa...gat-kedatangan-ratu-denmark-di-istana-2346495

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nllfX3UY-oI

President Jokowi says The Queen is very enthusiastic about Batik and paintings and asked much about the process of making batik.

sources as stated

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics and vid. :flowers:

Seems like QMII is more comfortable around children now. She's had considerable practice and Lego appeals to anyone with just one atom of creativity within them. I would very much like to see some of QMII's Lego-constructions!

A video report from BB: VIDEO: Dronning Margrethe og prins Henriks tempo imponerer i Indonesien | billedbladet.dk

The article says the Indonesians have been very impressed with the workload of the Regent Couple, considering their age and they have been charmed by PH who has goofed and joked.
Perhaps our Indonesian friends can confirm whether that is correct?

Of course yes!They were Impressed by H.M Queen and H.R.H Prince Consort Henrik,They were 70+ but they had a nice work,look at Indonesia President & Wife still 50 but they can't clear The smoke/haze in Sumatra and Kalimantan
though,they didn't get much attention in Jakarta itself!The Brits and Swedes get more attention than them(TV didn't show them but,Wedding of H.R.H Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Ms.Sofia Hellqvist showed:ermm: and about the Pregnancy of Kate Middleton,too!)
They're so lovely.Sorry,I can't provide as much as you wanted:sad:
Stay Tuned for (Just Info):
Private Holiday in Indonesia
H.M Queen visit to D.I Yogyakarta
H.R.H Prince Consort visit to Jawa Timur(East Java)
and So More(They willn't visit my HAZE area,Because They would be Ill(My Mom just back from Egypt and when she back to Home and She was Sick)
Hoping More Visit from Monarchy to Indonesia :):flowers:

As we know the state visit is over but The Royal couple are going to stay in Yogyakarta for 2 more days for private visit.

Queen and entourage touched down in Yogyakarta at about 10am today.Among others, Sultan of Yogyakarta and the rest of royal family greeted Queen Margrethe and invited her for lunch.Royal collections of old manuscript, spears,keris (ceremonial knife) were shown to Queen Margrethe.She was given a feast (dishes that are only served to Royalty and certainly Sultan favourite).Sultan says that they never once talked about business but her visit is purely to "say Hello".Sultan presented her a batik with Purbonegoro motif which is made of many motifs . One of the motif means authority and wisdom while the parang motif on it means that it can only be given or worn by royal family.
Queen Margrethe told The Sultan that Queen Ingrid is a Batik collector.

Queen Margrethe also went to witness Batik making process.One of the staff said that Queen is able to tell which batik has natural or chemical dye.Queen's favourite batik are relatively expensive because they are hand crafted (take a longer time to make) and are made with natural dye.She stayed in one of the Batik stand for quite some time to admire a blue Batik that is on display. She wishes that one day there will be Indonesians who are willing to go to Denmark to teach the art of making Batik.She is really fascinated by the beauty of Batik.

She also purchased ten or more pieces of Batik.Among them are Batik with indigo colour (her favourite colour).She was given a wall decoration (Batik that is made of 24 motifs) that was framed as a souvenir.

Today press conference was held in Candi Prambanan.It is a Unesco World Heritage site and is the largest Hindu temple site in Indonesia and one of the largest in Southeast Asia.You can read more about Prambanan here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prambanan

Queen mentioned that she is impressed with Yogyakarta and its people.She went on to say that once she saw Candi Prambanan from her car she said to herself " wow spectacular"

The Royal couple toured Candi Prambanan using golf cart.

Thanks, Iceflower, khyx19 & deroyalista :flowers:

Thanks for keeping us so well updated on local news coverage, it's most appreciated.

I see the Regent Couple as usual stay on for a couple of days to have a private look at the country.

The state visit got a pretty good coverage in the news here in DK as well. Also the business part of the visit, Indonesia is an attractive market.

I also think it's very understandable that younger royals get more press coverage. There is after all the glamour factor.
But the DRF has developed a tradition for follow-up visits. I.e. we can expect M&F and Joachim and our Marie to come visiting over the next few year, in support of Danish businesses and export offensives now that a bridgehead has been established.

Here is a BB video wrapping up the visit. VIDEO: Morsom slutning på statsbesøget | billedbladet.dk
QMII has many talents but mastery of technique is not among them. There appears to have been problems with a microphone for a TV network, so QMII was given a hand held and that she isn't used to! :)

A BB video of PH goofing around in Indonesia, playing badminton with the Minister for Energy.
Badminton is a big thing in Indonesia!
Prins Henrik lavede spas til badmintonkamp | billedbladet.dk

- He's a singular man, PH. During this state visit we have seen him at his very best and then he can suddenly do a 180 and ruin it all.

After this state visit and a few days of a private visit, Henrik will head to Vietnam in his role in the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) from Oct 28 to Nov 5
Rejse til Vietnam - Kongehuset

Frederik continues to be regent but the Queen has a joint event with May on the 28th of October :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom