The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy80
They look just a little fake, no?
Fake, how?

Old 10-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Nobility

How do you mean fake?

Old 10-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy80
They look just a little fake, no?
I think it's a bit difficult to "fake" it for almost 40 years.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I was going through an old issue of People magazine to make some scans of Princess Diana and came across this brief article on Queen Margrethe.
Its from the June 25, 2001 issue of People.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
I think it's a bit difficult to "fake" it for almost 40 years.
Not really if you are a king or queen. Who knows (or would tell) whether you sleep with your husband/wife or alone in your own bedroom, for example? Who would tell how many times you argue badly with your husband/wife, what they tell each other, etc.?
In Belgium nobody was saying anything about Albert's affaire with another woman and his extra-marital (Is that the right word?) daughter until that Belgian-Dutch (?) guy published the book on queen Paola and "spilled the beans". Then yes, everything was made public by the press and then the Christmas speech by the king himself. But until then I think not even the Belgian people knew a thing about that.
What do ordinary people really know about Henri? (I'm from Argentina, that's why I ask ) Here, he's practically unknown :( .
Take care!
Alejandro
Old 05-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Nobility

I guess we don't know, but I personally think their happiness around each other looks completley genuine.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
I guess we don't know, but I personally think their happiness around each other looks completley genuine.
Probably you're right. I'm sure you see and read more of them than we do in our country. What do people in Australia think about them (as Mary's in-laws)?
Take care!
Alejandro
PS. OK, ok, wrong thread. Sorry.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Nobility

I've just gotten into the RF of Denmark. The Queen has such a great air about her. She looks so kind and so happy in every picture I see of her.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandro_sk
Probably you're right. I'm sure you see and read more of them than we do in our country. What do people in Australia think about them (as Mary's in-laws)?
Take care!
Alejandro
PS. OK, ok, wrong thread. Sorry.
Not a lot is known about them, generally, unless you follow the royals. but if you only read australian media you would only know the Mary fought constantly with Margrethe to raise her child 'The Australian way, no matter what the Royal family wants' and that her baby wouldn't have Freds "cold and lonely" childhood. those are the crappy tabloids for you
Old 05-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandro_sk
Not really if you are a king or queen. Who knows (or would tell) whether you sleep with your husband/wife or alone in your own bedroom, for example? Who would tell how many times you argue badly with your husband/wife, what they tell each other, etc.?
In Belgium nobody was saying anything about Albert's affaire with another woman and his extra-marital (Is that the right word?) daughter until that Belgian-Dutch (?) guy published the book on queen Paola and "spilled the beans". Then yes, everything was made public by the press and then the Christmas speech by the king himself. But until then I think not even the Belgian people knew a thing about that.
What do ordinary people really know about Henri? (I'm from Argentina, that's why I ask ) Here, he's practically unknown :( .
Take care!
Alejandro
I believe that it all comes out at some point. There are people who are going to tell. Maybe not in public but there will be rumours. There were quite some rumours about the then prince and princess Albert of Belgium - I remember that it was quite the topic some 20 years ago.

But I never read anything about the Danes... maybe there simply isn't anything worth reporting? Or they are so discreet that not even rumours spread? If so, congratulations for their style! :)
Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Fake, dear people, I think not. Margerethe is a queen and truly regal in the real sense of the word and doesn't even think about it. she is totally natural and as honest as her postition allows her to be. She doesn't need to fake anything. those marvelous pictures from her vacation on Henrik's estate in France are the case in point. Cheers.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

I think that prince Henrik makes QMII happy on many levels. Henrik has for many years faced some critism and ridicule about being 'too French' - too outlandish somehow for most Danes. But I think that a lot of Danes have finally come to appreciate the values he has contributed with. He obviously fulfills Margrethe's need for a real life-partner - someone she can share her passion for art with for example.
Also, his work efforts have not been adequately appreciated IMO; but he really does seem to put a lot of work into a variety of projects. It has sometimes been said by representatives from trade and industry that Henrik is a genuine asset whenever he joins one of the Danish trade promotion tours abroad.

It would be nice if Henrik received more general recognition for the work he has done over the years.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Aristocracy

Hear, hear !!

I for one recognise Henrik for his work.

I bought a bottle of his red wine the other week.
Now I can't decide whether I should drink it or keep it as a souvenir.
I wish I bought two bottles

Bright idea: I will open it, drink it, and keep the bottle as a souvenir.

About Henrik and Margrethe; all couples have their ups and downs. We just don't exactly know if and when any downs occured. But right now, in their third age, they both seem happy and content with life and what it has given to them so far.

userDane; needless to say, I love your avatar.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Portrait of Princess Margrethe in 1954:
This can absolutely not be our queen at all, but who is it then?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Portrait of Princess Margrethe in 1954:
I think it is Princess Margretha of Sweden - the first cousin of Margrethe II of Denmark and sister of the present King of Sweden...
Old 12-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think this is lovely: Queen Margrethe and prince Henrik at a vacation in
Megève 18th of February 1974
IBL Bildbyrå
Old 11-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Majesty

Dearest Daisy:

'Royal Danish'

courtesy Royalblog.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Picture gallery from Billed Bladet of the then Princess Margrethe training in the Home Guard:
Translated version of http://www.billedbladet.dk/
Old 03-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Gentry

does anyone has pictures of margrethe when she was pregnant, i've never seen pictures of her in those times
Old 03-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibeth77 View Post
does anyone has pictures of margrethe when she was pregnant, i've never seen pictures of her in those times
Here you go:
The first three were shoot in Nov 1967, and the last one was shot in Feb 1968, when she was pregnant with Prince Frederik, who was born in May 1968. Perhaps it's due to her height, it seems to be a bit difficult to tell during her early pregnancy. :)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/466/1967.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5...mber151967.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6...vember1967.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4755/hm4.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7...200sisters.jpg

Tags
henrik, margrethe, margrethe ii, pictures, prince henrik, queen margrethe