The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Just to clarify lumutqueen, the approval ratings are not based on the birthday events. They were released/made public yesterday, but otherwise have no relation to the festivities.
But it says on the little piece on the TRF that
"On the back of Prince Henrik’s extravagant 75th birthday celebrations yesterday and the day before,"

is that not the case then?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is the speech of the Queen for his husband:

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

Oh i'm glad there coming. Any reason for Harald or MM not attending? Can't wait for the events over the next few days.
King Harald is participating in the traditional Ferder sail regatta from Oslo to the Ferder Lighthouse.

He is an excellent and well known helmsman and he has been worldchampion in halfton sailing.

Why MM is not attending is not known.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

i loved seeing alexandra in the celebrations - it shows how much she is appreciated. great to see her attending with martin. she looked lovely in the grey dress and matching shawl!

i'm also quite happy to see marie attending the festivities. i hope we get more pics of the little prince soon.

great days of celebrations, indeed. nice excuse to see all the family together.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/8171-a...k-and-joachim/

Hmm the approvals ratings have interested me. They are based on these events over Henrik's birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Just to clarify lumutqueen, the approval ratings are not based on the birthday events. They were released/made public yesterday, but otherwise have no relation to the festivities.
Quote:
But it says on the little piece on the TRF that
"On the back of Prince Henrik’s extravagant 75th birthday celebrations yesterday and the day before,"

is that not the case then?
JessRulz just meant that they had come out immediately after the birthday celebrations, not that they were conducted during the celebrations. It normally takes longer than this to collect and analyse the data
Old 06-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Although it was great to see all the royals out for the celebrations i have to admit that a 75th birthday isnt one that would be normally celebrated in such lavish fashion - i can understand milestones like 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th etc

Old 06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

75th years birthdays are often celebrated heavily in Denmark
I don't know why - perhaps because people figure that if they do not make it to 80, they are going to have a blast of a party mid-way between 70 and 80
Old 06-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary, Alexandra and Marie were stunning. Queen Margarethe should hang her designer.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I don't know why - perhaps because people figure that if they do not make it to 80, they are going to have a blast of a party mid-way between 70 and 80
Thanks i didnt know that as in the UK they wouldnt really be a big thing

Old 06-13-2009, 03:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I think it is because 75 is 3 quarters of 100. Here in Germany 25th and 75th birthdays and aniversaries are also often big occasions.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:18 AM
Nobility

What is know about Mary's new tiara? It's very beautiful, I'd love to know about it.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasine View Post
King Harald is participating in the traditional Ferder sail regatta from Oslo to the Ferder Lighthouse.

He is an excellent and well known helmsman and he has been worldchampion in halfton sailing.

Why MM is not attending is not known.
Ahh thank you very much.
It was nice to see Sonja and Haakon attending.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
What is know about Mary's new tiara? It's very beautiful, I'd love to know about it.
It is discussed in the royal jewels thread on this board - http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-17476-20.html.
You can also find a discussion of it on the Royal Jewels of the World board - Royal Jewels of the World Message Board - where all the 'hard-core' jewellery lovers discuss it.
I agree, it is very beautiful
Old 06-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Mary wearing the new tiara was a real highlight for me. But I am a bit disappointed about the lack of good pictures of princess Elisabeth (she wore the rarely seen diamand bandeau tiara) and princess Aleandra of Berleburg who wore her mother's floral itara. Can anybody come up with a link?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are they pictures about the de Montpezat ? Henrik's brothers and sisters were surely there.
I saw on the RF an interesting picture of the dinner Margerethe and Henrik were sitting at both ends. Princess Isabelle von und zu Liechtenstein was just sitting. Queen Sonja and Princess Benedikte were also at the Queen's table. The other guests I don't know. Could someone look at this picture and give explanations. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunatey, tiara's do not suit Carina and her hair looked most unkept. A very unnatractive way to have worn her hair.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Billed-Bladet has a look at the gala:

Billed-Bladet - Gallafest på Fredensborg - se de fantastiske kjoler her
Old 06-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

All the royal ladies were beautiful at the gala event,
yet fireworks flew, when Carina walked in
Old 06-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Are they pictures about the de Montpezat ? Henrik's brothers and sisters were surely there.
I saw on the RF an interesting picture of the dinner Margerethe and Henrik were sitting at both ends. Princess Isabelle von und zu Liechtenstein was just sitting. Queen Sonja and Princess Benedikte were also at the Queen's table. The other guests I don't know. Could someone look at this picture and give explanations. Thanks a lot.
sorry which picture?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Mary, Alexandra and Marie were stunning. Queen Margarethe should hang her designer.
Ohh so true so true unfortunately I read elsewhere on this forum that her husband picks her outfits as she doesn't care or know about fashion, and it seems by the festivities planned she is rather fond of him (cursing my google chrome havent figured out how to use the smilies with it) lol lol