Prince Henrik's 75th Birthday Festivities: June 10-11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As belgian, I was really impressed by the two days ceremonies for the 75 birthday of Prince Consort Henrik, born Henri de Laborde de Montpezat.
The Daneborg , the Royal theater , the military parade and finally the ball.
The Prince looked so happy and grateful during this 2 long days
You Danes are able to do great celebrations such as the Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch and of course the British Courts are doing. In Belgium the last ball with tiaras and uniforms was the pre-wedding ball for King Baudouin's wedding in 1960 !
I stayed one week in Copenhagen and I was lucky because I has the whole week nice ans sunny weather.
Found of jewelry I saw the crown jewels at Rosenberg castle, and I bought the book Juvelerne I der dansks Kongehus written by B.J. Jensen.
Your Queen Margarethe II is really a great professional Queen , her father and mother prepared her to be a good royal. I remember quite well her wedding with the charming french diplomate.. The press said "the son-in- law everbody wishes".
Seing your RF now , I notice we kwow nothing about your Crown Prince Frederick.
Did he study in Universties of his country , did he go to american universities ?? Is there a Crown,-Prince award ?? In your army is he general , amiral like his father?
Seing again from where I am , looking at the pictures ot these 2 days Mary stole the show.. You have a new Diana , the highlight was when she was wearing a new tiara, loan by the actual tiara's exhibition . (No pictures of royals wearing that tiara in my danish book)
A match between Alexandra and Mary should be interesting but was impossible . Alexandra had to wait to divorce when Frederik's wedding was over. The new match Mary/Marie due mostly to the press starts now since one year.
Looking at PPE agency's they are more Mary/Marie pictures than The Queen and the Prince who had his birthday.
(Again excuse my weak english but it is my third language)

Thank you to all the ones who provide the links of photo's and video's. Great work.

:previous:

No, Carina and Gustav are not married. They have been dating for several years, and a family will is currently preventing them from marrying, and Gustav keeping his title/estate/etc. The family however considers Carina 'one of them'.

It is all well explained in this thread.

Did he study in Universties of his country , did he go to american universities ?? Is there a Crown,-Prince award ?? In your army is he general , amiral like his father?

There is the Crown Prince Foundation, Cronw Prince Fund and the Crown Prince Couple Culture Prize.
He studied Political Science at Harvard under the name of Frederik Henrikson. 1992-1993
He took up a three month position in the UN after that.
Hs then came home and got a MSc for Political Science at the University of Aarhus.
He completed training in all the branches of the Danish forces and even managed to get a spot on the elite Frogmans corp.

He is a commander in the navy, lieutenant colonel in the army and air force.

Hope that helps. :flowers:

No, Carina and Gustav are not married. They have been dating for several years, and a family will is currently preventing them from marrying, and Gustav keeping his title/estate/etc. The family however considers Carina 'one of them'.

It is all well explained in this thread.

Thank you, I was just enquiring seeing as she is wearing what I believe is a family tiara?
Thank you JessRulz :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Lumutqueen, now I know better the Crown Prince of Danemark.
I just read the to-day danish rating for 2004 and now.
Just after the Queen and before her husband the Crown-Prince is Mary.

I read the ratings again and I was wrong, Mary (82 %) inknown in 2004 surpasses now the Queen (81 %). It is my day's shock.

A word from mum Mary brings Christian into line at Danish royal celebration - hellomagazine.com

Hello! article about Chrisitans little tantrum :flowers:
They are such sweet children.

Thanks to Lumutqueen, now I know better the Crown Prince of Danemark.
I just read the to-day danish rating for 2004 and now.
Just after the Queen and before her husband the Crown-Prince is Mary.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/8171-approval-ratings-down-for-henrik-and-joachim/

Hmm the approvals ratings have interested me. They are based on these events over Henrik's birthday. :flowers:

Just to clarify lumutqueen, the approval ratings are not based on the birthday events. They were released/made public yesterday, but otherwise have no relation to the festivities.

Just to clarify lumutqueen, the approval ratings are not based on the birthday events. They were released/made public yesterday, but otherwise have no relation to the festivities.

But it says on the little piece on the TRF that
"On the back of Prince Henrik’s extravagant 75th birthday celebrations yesterday and the day before,"

is that not the case then?

Oh i'm glad there coming. Any reason for Harald or MM not attending? Can't wait for the events over the next few days.

King Harald is participating in the traditional Ferder sail regatta from Oslo to the Ferder Lighthouse.

He is an excellent and well known helmsman and he has been worldchampion in halfton sailing.

Why MM is not attending is not known.

i loved seeing alexandra in the celebrations - it shows how much she is appreciated. great to see her attending with martin. she looked lovely in the grey dress and matching shawl!

i'm also quite happy to see marie attending the festivities. i hope we get more pics of the little prince soon.

great days of celebrations, indeed. nice excuse to see all the family together.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/8171-approval-ratings-down-for-henrik-and-joachim/

Hmm the approvals ratings have interested me. They are based on these events over Henrik's birthday. :flowers:

But it says on the little piece on the TRF that
"On the back of Prince Henrik’s extravagant 75th birthday celebrations yesterday and the day before,"

is that not the case then?

JessRulz just meant that they had come out immediately after the birthday celebrations, not that they were conducted during the celebrations. It normally takes longer than this to collect and analyse the data ;)

Although it was great to see all the royals out for the celebrations i have to admit that a 75th birthday isnt one that would be normally celebrated in such lavish fashion - i can understand milestones like 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th etc

Last edited:
75th years birthdays are often celebrated heavily in Denmark :flowers:
I don't know why - perhaps because people figure that if they do not make it to 80, they are going to have a blast of a party mid-way between 70 and 80 ;)

Mary, Alexandra and Marie were stunning. Queen Margarethe should hang her designer.

I don't know why - perhaps because people figure that if they do not make it to 80, they are going to have a blast of a party mid-way between 70 and 80 ;)

Thanks i didnt know that as in the UK they wouldnt really be a big thing

I think it is because 75 is 3 quarters of 100. Here in Germany 25th and 75th birthdays and aniversaries are also often big occasions.

What is know about Mary's new tiara? It's very beautiful, I'd love to know about it.

King Harald is participating in the traditional Ferder sail regatta from Oslo to the Ferder Lighthouse.

He is an excellent and well known helmsman and he has been worldchampion in halfton sailing.

Why MM is not attending is not known.

Ahh thank you very much. :flowers:
It was nice to see Sonja and Haakon attending.

Princess Mary wearing the new tiara was a real highlight for me. But I am a bit disappointed about the lack of good pictures of princess Elisabeth (she wore the rarely seen diamand bandeau tiara) and princess Aleandra of Berleburg who wore her mother's floral itara. Can anybody come up with a link?

Are they pictures about the de Montpezat ? Henrik's brothers and sisters were surely there.
I saw on the RF an interesting picture of the dinner Margerethe and Henrik were sitting at both ends. Princess Isabelle von und zu Liechtenstein was just sitting. Queen Sonja and Princess Benedikte were also at the Queen's table. The other guests I don't know. Could someone look at this picture and give explanations. Thanks a lot.

Unfortunatey, tiara's do not suit Carina and her hair looked most unkept. A very unnatractive way to have worn her hair.

All the royal ladies were beautiful at the gala event:flowers:,
yet fireworks flew, when Carina walked in:fireworks:

Are they pictures about the de Montpezat ? Henrik's brothers and sisters were surely there.
I saw on the RF an interesting picture of the dinner Margerethe and Henrik were sitting at both ends. Princess Isabelle von und zu Liechtenstein was just sitting. Queen Sonja and Princess Benedikte were also at the Queen's table. The other guests I don't know. Could someone look at this picture and give explanations. Thanks a lot.
sorry which picture?

Mary, Alexandra and Marie were stunning. Queen Margarethe should hang her designer.

Ohh so true so true unfortunately I read elsewhere on this forum that her husband picks her outfits as she doesn't care or know about fashion, and it seems by the festivities planned she is rather fond of him (cursing my google chrome havent figured out how to use the smilies with it) lol lol

Back
Top Bottom