Prince Henrik's 75th Birthday Festivities: June 10-11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks iceflower

Princess Alexandra was also present.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alsom present yesterday evening where the Duke and Duchess of Orléans.

It's so nice to see Countess Alexandra there with her husband (Drop dead gorgeous). Felix and Nikolai are lucky to have parents who seem so comfortable with their divorces and subsequent marriages. It's a shame all marriages don't end, and end up that way.

Happy Birthday Prince Henrik.
:daneflag:

I agree, it's great to see all them together since time to time:flowers:

It seems that the concert was also attended by the duke and duchess of Castro, the duke is one of the two claimants of the vacant throne of the Two Sicilies. And another royal couple present were prince Philip Erasmus and princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein, the prince is a younger brother of Fürst Hans-Adam II.

Thanks to all for the pictures.

Today pictures are nice. Isabelle looks so cute with this hairstyle and the dress. I love Marys outfit today, she has a great casual style.

But what is Hendrik wearing today? Looks horrible. Happy Birthday!

It's a night and morning dress, asturiana, so it doesn't have
to be elegant.. ;)
No, it doesn't have to be elegant... But its just ugly. My mornig dress looks better :lol:.
Thanks for pictures :flowers:.

I love this family!

It's nice to see that this morning Isabella and Christian came with people to celebrate their grandfather's birthday!!!

Pictures from yesterday were really nice, pitty it wasnt a lovely sunny day for the lunch. Evening event almost everyone looked wonderful, lovely to see they had invited Alexandria.

Pictures from this moring are quite cute, nice to see Frederik and the family out. Pitty Joachim, Marie and the boys were not seen.

Our King Albert II was also 75 this month.
But they were no events , no pictures ant not even a show up...

The Royal Family attended a military parade, then a luncheon, at Fredensborg Palace a little while ago. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden was also there.
BelgaPicture - Category details

Despite the bad weather I think the whole family had a great time. Princess Marie is absolutely lovely!!!

so what is the event tonight a gala?

I also see that Christian , felix and Nikolai has a medel, did Isabella also have one

Nice that the grand sons and prince Frederik, prince Joachim & Princess Marie are wearing what seems to be a special medal to commemorate the 75th birthday of the prince. It seems princess Mary lost/removed hers somewhere during the day, or maybe she gave it to her son?

Yes, Isabella had a commemorative medal as well. The adults (Henrik, MII, Frederik, Mary, Joachim and Marie) were also wearing them. I assume the medal is for Henrik's 75th birthday.

Marengo, I think Mary took hers off at some point while standing on the stairs, she's wearing it later on when they are walking back.

ETA: Guest list for the gala from Kongehuset.dk

Foreign royals who will attend:
-HM Queen Sonja and HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
-TH Prince Dmitri and Princess Dorrit Romanov
-TRH the Duke and Duchess of Castro
-TSH Prince Philipp Ersame and Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein
-TRH the Duke and Duchess d'Orleans
-TH Prince Wilhelm and Princess Ilona of Schaumburg-Lippe
-HH Prince Fernando Ferrara Pignatelli di Strongoli

Last edited:
Here the guest list of the midday festivity. It tells that the parents of Princess Marie will attend, but does not mention the parents of the Crown Princess. Are Margrethe and Henrik not in that way contacting like to the parents of Princess Marie?

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

so victoria is just there for the lunch?

and strange that king and queen of sweden are not there

The king and queen of Sweden are at the evening by 100years celebration Vattenfall. During the day the king attend the conference!

It's great, that the crown princess is in Copenhagen!

so victoria is just there for the lunch?

and strange that king and queen of sweden are not there

Thanks! it's working!!!

The children seem to be very agitated and they don't want to stay and watch the parad!!lol

thank you so mcuh for the photos, i love them! the ladies must have a gropu of people woring for them to all look so glamourous and change so may outfits in one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was nice to see Alexandra at last night concert.
It's really nice that they didn't have a huge balcony appearance they had the little seesion at Fredensborg.
IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.

Isabella had her own little flag :flowers:

I like the fact that the kids had medal at the parade and lunch not just the adults, it is a beautiful colour aswell. Shame Chrisitan had to be told off, Mary and Frederik were so calm about it. Isabella looked so sweet and innocent just wondering around and sitting on the steps :)
It's wonderful that victoria could come, if only for the lunch. :)

Can't wait for tonights event. Thank you everybody for links and videos.

Thanks for the photos!
Prince Christian seems to have a good time. It is very difficult to deal with misbehaving children in public. Parents may feel absolutely helpless and embarrassed.

Mary and Marie seem to have a very good relationship! The members of this family seem to have fun together!!!!

No pictures of de de Monpezat family. I believe they came to Danemark to celebrate her brother's birthday.

Back
Top Bottom