Prince Henrik's Plans for his Final Resting Place: August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We marry "for better or for worse". In a marriage, outside problems may present "the worse"; or one partner's problems may. Right now, it appears that PH is bringing the worse. But that doesn't mean the marriage is over, or even particularly troubled.

You don't give up on your partner that easily; you grit your teeth, you stiffen your upper lip, you pray, you persuade, perhaps you even cajole. But you don't give up. Although no other woman in the world is dealing with this particular situation, many women are engaged in conflicts with their partners- a struggle for power, for respect, for understanding.

I would rather deal with a crotchety old jealous man whom I love than deal with the real world problems of many couples- unpaid bills, troubled children, grave physical or mental illness. The conflict between QM and PH may seem intractable, but it's not fatal.

(My husband is not crotchety, jealous, nor old- yet.)

We marry "for better or for worse". In a marriage, outside problems may present "the worse"; or one partner's problems may. Right now, it appears that PH is bringing the worse. But that doesn't mean the marriage is over, or even particularly troubled.

You don't give up on your partner that easily; you grit your teeth, you stiffen your upper lip, you pray, you persuade, perhaps you even cajole. But you don't give up. Although no other woman in the world is dealing with this particular situation, many women are engaged in conflicts with their partners- a struggle for power, for respect, for understanding.

I would rather deal with a crotchety old jealous man whom I love than deal with the real world problems of many couples- unpaid bills, troubled children, grave physical or mental illness. The conflict between QM and PH may seem intractable, but it's not fatal.

(My husband is not crotchety, jealous, nor old- yet.)

Thank you.This sums up how I feel about things really well - I can't yet write off a marriage that has survived 50 years. Especially a couple that have often over the years gone off and done their own thing which has then strengthened their partnership. Some couples prefer to live in each other shadow and that's fine but this is a couple that never has and that is just as fine.
Also, now we know the Queen's plans for her eldest Grandsons 18th birthday celebrations, her staying on the Dannebrog makes more sense
Dronningen holder 18-års fest for prins Nikolai | BILLED-BLADET

Perhaps you thought PH had somehow been calmed since he went to Nikolai's birthday?

Think again!

Billed Bladet's Henrik Salling who stood vigil on the quay at Dannebrog, suddenly noticed PH leaving Dannebrog and strolling down the quay followed by his minder, his adjutant and the captain of Dannebrog. Then he went aboard a navy boat to do a spin of the harbor of Copenhagen. PH said the night was perfect for a Copenhagen by night trip.
While waiting for the boat he chatted a bit with our reporter and said: "It's been a very good evening with all the grandchildren. With grandmother and grandfather (here using the general words for grandparents, and some would say a little old-fashioned). Grandfather played a role anyway, even if they are trying not to have him play a role in Denmark. Grandparents are important. Very important".

Upon departing PH was asked: When are You returning home again?
PH: "Don't know if I come back".

The boat did however return half an hour later with PH steering. And he explained: "We have been around Gammel Strand and Nyhavn. All the places where it's amusing". Then he thanked the crew for the trip.

-----------------

I have placed this separate from the rest of the coverage of Nikolai's birthday, because this really is odd and it beginning to feature in the other Danish medias.
(You're gonna love the rest of the coverage BTW).

To me it seems like he was persuaded to join, because of his obligations as grandfather.
And I can't help wondering whether some "suggested" he went boating. We can speculated as to why. - You win a lollipop if your first thought is the same as mine... ?

Why she shouldn't go? Nikolai is his grandson and Henrik loves him.

Yes I did think he seemed to be more settled. But it seems he wasn't you never know what he will say or do. I know he's a pain to the family but I can't help having a laugh.

If I were the Queen.. it'd be "get off my boat"...

I'm not exactly clear on the order of how things went down but to me, it seemed that to detract from HM getting boatloads (pun intended) of attention, they came up with an ingenuous plan to schedule something totally for Henrik and divert his attention from the attention being heaped on his wife. He had his own thing to do and even piloted the boat himself.

When there's an unruly child in the family, measures are taken to divert the child's attention from things that just might set him off on a tantrum. A toy, an activities book, at trip on a boat by himself where he can play "captain" to his heart's content.

It sounds though as if it was a good time to be had by all the family and the grandparents and other than the odd remarks from Henrik, things went smoothly. :D

While waiting for the boat he chatted a bit with our reporter and said: "It's been a very good evening with all the grandchildren. With grandmother and grandfather (here using the general words for grandparents, and some would say a little old-fashioned). Grandfather played a role anyway, even if they are trying not to have him play a role in Denmark. Grandparents are important. Very important".

Upon departing PH was asked: When are You returning home again?
PH: "Don't know if I come back".

:bang::bang::bang: There he goes again. Poor him.:rolleyes: They won't let him have a role in Denmark. He did! as prince consort, and he did an okay job, until he threw it all away over a title. Glad he is still being a supportive grandfather, cause he certainly is not the most supportive husband or father :whistling:

He isn't going to stop is he? Of course not (what was I thinking), Henrik is not a quitter when it comes to whining about being equal to his wife.

He is certainly no quitter and I admire him and Queen Margrethe for that.

I wish Henrik would let it go - Elsa could teach him a thing or two! He should know that after all these years he won't get a kingly title, and if he thinks these outbursts are going to make Margrethe act upon the situation; then I'm afraid that he is mistaken.
It doesn't seem that this debacle is bothering Margrethe though (of course, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors) and she seems to be handling her husband's pettiness well. Good on her.

I feel for Queen Margrethe a great deal. It cannot be easy for her no matter how she smiles. My aunt went thru this with my uncle when he went a bit odd. She would just smile and go along with his remarks in public but alone cried her eyes out. She loved him, you see, and she honored her church commitment. You know the saying, "There but for the Grace of God." One just never knows.

At first I was aghast and sad for members of the DRF after reading of Henrik's latest performance, but now I've had time to mull it over.

They've probably come to view his tantrums they way we who live in the State of California look at earthquakes. We know they could happen and we dread them, but we live in a state of preparedness and we know how to survive if/when they come.

When they do happen we survey the damage, deal with it and keep it moving.:cool:

No doubt Margrethe and her family cope with Henrik in the same manner.

Last edited:
:previous:
Comparing PH to an earthquake is so darn funny and how true. PH is a walking talking earthquake when he opens his mouth and complains about not being king..........this is not going to happen and he will never let go of it.....must be something in that French wine he loves to drink......???

The French are also renowned for their cheese to go with his whine. :D

But seriously, this has been going on long enough that people know it for what it is. An old man's grasping for something he'll never have. The more Henrik makes an issue out of this, the more people will just put it down to one of his idiosyncrasies and say "There goes his mouth again". I seriously doubt at this point whether it matters much to people if he returns to Denmark or not. His wife continues doing what she always does with style and grace and enjoys being with her people and that is what really matters.

It doesn't seemed to worry her. The rest of the family don't seem upset either. They probably just think oh here he goes again.

Well - they HAVE TO.... -- at least in public. No idea, how often they had to grit their teeth already when being out of the limelight.....
Horrible situation, if he´s bringing it up again ... and again ... and again...
:bang::bang::bang:
Bye Bine

It doesn't seemed to worry her. The rest of the family don't seem upset either. They probably just think oh here he goes again.

I think Frederik's statement speaks volumes. Of course they've learned to live with his constant grasping at straws and of course they're gonna put a smile on for the press, but I don't doubt for a second that were QMII, Frederik and Mary given the option, they would rather he stopped with that aimless, seemingly never-ending and quite frankly borderline pathetic nonsense of his. Make no mistake.

We don't know Crown Prince Frederik's reaction. He was not there !

We don't know Crown Prince Frederik's reaction. He was not there !

That is correct. But he gave a statement 2 weeks ago, in which he said that he regrets the decision of his father "in many ways".
I assume his opinion has not changed since....
BYe Bine

The French are also renowned for their cheese to go with his whine. :D

But seriously, this has been going on long enough that people know it for what it is. An old man's grasping for something he'll never have. The more Henrik makes an issue out of this, the more people will just put it down to one of his idiosyncrasies and say "There goes his mouth again". I seriously doubt at this point whether it matters much to people if he returns to Denmark or not. His wife continues doing what she always does with style and grace and enjoys being with her people and that is what really matters.

You have a very good point.

As long as he keeps his antics on this fairly low level, people are likely to say: grandpa's rambling away again. :rolleyes:

The magazine Her & Nu writes that PH went through checks at the neurological ward while he was committed at Rigshospitalet.
Now Her & Nu's credibility isn't very good, so I'll place this under "plausible rumors".

The magazine Her & Nu writes that PH went through checks at the neurological ward while he was committed at Rigshospitalet.
Now Her & Nu's credibility isn't very good, so I'll place this under "plausible rumors".

It was the new magazine, Tæt På. It's the same that had the news about the burial, which forced the court to make a statement.

They are now writing "But now several patients at Rigshospitalet tell Tæt på that they have seen the prince at the hospital's neurological departments."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom