Portraits and Paintings of Queen Margrethe II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,201
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 627
  • showLayoutImage6.jpg
    showLayoutImage6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 866
  • showLayoutImage5.jpg
    showLayoutImage5.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,075
  • showLayoutImage4.jpg
    showLayoutImage4.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 868
  • showLayoutImage3.jpg
    showLayoutImage3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 975
  • showLayoutImage1.jpg
    showLayoutImage1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 5,844
Last edited:
I know these pictures are in other threads in the forum, but since Josefine has started this thread, I thought I'd add a few I have from my computer.

Source unknown.

Source unknown.

www.polfoto.dk

Source unknown.

www.polfoto.dk - These next two are among my favourite official pictures of Queen Margrethe. They really show how grand and regal a queen she really is.

www.polfoto.dk - So majestic ...

Source unknown.

Source unknown.

Attachments

• DK_margrethe_147.jpg
    DK_margrethe_147.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2,540
  • DK_margrethe_210.jpg
    DK_margrethe_210.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4,216
  • DK_margrethe_216.jpg
    DK_margrethe_216.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,833
  • DK_margrethe_220.jpg
    DK_margrethe_220.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,158
  • DK_margrethe_225.jpg
    DK_margrethe_225.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,906
  • DK_margrethe_229.jpg
    DK_margrethe_229.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,203
  • DK_margrethe_229a.jpg
    DK_margrethe_229a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3,130
  • DK_margrethe_228.jpg
    DK_margrethe_228.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,871
  • DK_margrethe_227.jpg
    DK_margrethe_227.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 5,847
Last edited by a moderator:
great pictures,

Would you say this is her queen Uniform? Because she does not were a Military Uniform, but have grand dresses but they are very strict but regal

I would love to see these kind of Pictures of Victira when she becomes Queen...

She is so elegant on her gowns..A woman with such beauty and knowledge. I haven't seen a picture of her wearing a military outfit.

In the first photograph shown, is that the Diamond drop tiara she gave Princess Alexandra?

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Sep 3rd, 2003 - 3:58 pm
In the first photograph shown, is that the Diamond drop tiara she gave Princess Alexandra?
No it´s the same tiara with large pearls that she is wearing in the second picture ( red dress 1990) it´s just hidden in the hair. But i have seen an old picture somewhere on this site when she realy is wearing the Diamond drop tiara

drat! :p The only picture of her I've seen in that tiara is when she's probably 18-23 or so.

thank you for the pictures

how often does she do these kind of Photos

Queen Margrethe wears very grand attires whenever there are very special and important occasions. Just like that red gown she wore while sitting on a chair. Not the last 2 ones. It was her attire during the wedding of Prince Joachim in 1995.

Usually, for me it's like all her gowns are grand and looks very best on her. Even gowns with simple designs looks great on her..Such a fasionable queen.

Originally posted by paulette@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 10:18 am
Queen Margrethe wears very grand attires whenever there are very special and important occasions. Just like that red gown she wore while sitting on a chair. Not the last 2 ones. It was her attire during the wedding of Prince Joachim in 1995.

Usually, for me it's like all her gowns are grand and looks very best on her. Even gowns with simple designs looks great on her..Such a fasionable queen.
We her in Denmark are wery proude of our Queen. we are also wery proude of oure Royal house. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) :flower: :flower:

If only the Queen Of England could have that much style. :flower:

Originally posted by tricia@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 3:07 pm
If only the Queen Of England could have that much style. :flower:
You are having so much rigth in what you had said about the werry unstylish queen of England.
I think that she is a lot borring to look at when she is in the news.
She don´t look happy and i can´t rember when i haf seen her smilede on a photo.

If only the Queen Of England could have that much style.

But she does...Have a look a her official portraits, my favorite ones are definetely in her younger years. HM looked and still does look amazing.

One of my very favorite portraits:

Queen Elizabeth II has also her own taste of gowns. It's like she is on a different level of choice in fashion compared to Queen Margrethe II. QM II would like more elegant and grand clothes and QE II prefers sometimes the gowns with simple designs yet looks great on her.
But QM doesn't always dress very grand. She also has simple designs of gowns but still looks gorgeous on her. It also depends on the occasion they are attending. It's like one has to weigh down things on whether what would she wear and is it just too grand or too simple for the occasion.

I have pictures of Queen Elizabeth wearing gowns when she was still younger. She also has a nice taste when it comes to gowns.

One's age also varies. Queen Margrethe is younger compared to Queen Elizabeth.
Maybe the Queen of Great Britain find it very irritating sometimes to wear those gowns worn by QM. That's because they have diverse likes when it comes to dresses.

But whatever their dresses are, they surely looks splendid.
Both of them are beautiful.

Well, I think both Queens dress nicely and that both of them dress very badly on occassions, too. Particularly QM II of D. Some of her outfits are quite hideous, IMO. Especially some of the morning suits.

S

One of the American article once reported that Queen Elizabeth was one of the badest dressed famous people in the world BUT she wore very COOL hats.

I agree with the article on that she wears very cool hats. If you look carefully, most of her hats are quite stylish and modern. But also I think HM's clothing is not ugly but quite boring. But she is afterall over 70 so what do u expect. Also HM doesn't like elaborate or too daring dresses and is sort of indifferent in clothing. She once said that to her daughter "I'm not a Hollywood star".

Queen Elizabeth likes light smiles. I think she is a very serious-minded person. She resembles her grandmother, Queen Mary ALOT, both in seriousness and look. So see a picture of Queen Mary.

I just don´t think that i haf ever seen her smile as an older lady.
If you also take a look at her daugther Anne. She dosen´t smile like her mother the queen and she is alot younge then mother.
But queen margrethe her in Denmark she´s smiles alot.

here is one more what year can this be from

Attachments

• 10902796_1.jpg
    10902796_1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,146
  • 10831394_1.jpg
    10831394_1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,365
  • 10831383_1.jpg
    10831383_1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 906
Last edited:
I look pictures of HM Queen Margrethe 2 she looks lovely woman but she look taller woman and she have style of her dresses what she wores for her official portraits,state weddings.

I would agree with posts because HM Queen Elizabeth 2 have more styles since she become Queen in 1953 but she collectors of her favorites clothes to display at Kensington Palace long times ago but she never wores that dresses for state wedding because she still rulers as Queen for 53 years this year.

Sara Boyce

Josefine said:
here is one more what year can this be from

The two last pictures has to have been taken before 1972. The text on the pictures states that it is a picture of Tronfølgeren Prinsesse Margrethe, aka. Heiress Presumptive (sp?) Princess Margrethe...

So, before her father died.

I think the dress she is wearing in the second picture looks really good on her. It accentuates her slimness and length, and looks regal.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89774
I really like these!
attachment.php

and here is two more

Attachments

• margrethe_ung.jpg
    margrethe_ung.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,344
  • margrethe0.jpg
    margrethe0.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,144
the picture in which queen margarethe is wearing a sleeveless red dress, really reminds me of princess mary at her pre-wedding gala.

agisele said:
the picture in which queen margarethe is wearing a sleeveless red dress, really reminds me of princess mary at her pre-wedding gala.

Queen Margerethe definitly has much grandeur, although I am not crazy about her outfits all the time, and it's a shame she let herself go...

Hi all. I'm new to the Royal Forums and am looking forward to participating more. I was just admiring Queen Margrethe's grand gowns in this thread. She has the ability to carry a regal look that comes right out of a medieval history book without looking like she's going to a Renaissance Faire. That's a tough task to carry off. :)

I looked around and didn't see this splendid photo posted anywhere. Its from the official website www.kongsehut.dk and its an official portrait of the Queen and Crown Prince Frederik. She's very dramatic and she pulls it off without looking like she's overacting. The whole composition of the photo is very regal.

Attachments

• org.jpg
    org.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 4,307
What an unusual, but lovely, portrait. Thank you for digging it up. I just love looking at official portraits, but I have never seen one like this before - with a royal mother and child posing like this.

... and welcome to the Forum Ysbel :)

Thanks for the welcome Squidgy. :) It is an unusual portrait, isn't it? The Danes are the best for these types of portraits. The image just proclaims itself as regal and grand.

auntie said:
Queen Margerethe definitly has much grandeur, although I am not crazy about her outfits all the time, and it's a shame she let herself go...

Let herself go??? That's harsh!:eek: Granted, her teeth need some serious work, but she stays as fit as she can considering her back and knee problems. I read that she was very keen on ballet for a long time, but I'm sure her ailments in her back and knees prohibit that activity now.

Back
Top Bottom