The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2018, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

Ach, such sas news to wake up with. Very glad that he was at home and with his family.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 AM
Majesty

RIP Prince Henrik. My condolences to Queen, his sons and the entire family.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm relieved for his family.

They had the opportunity to say goodbye in peace, with no hurry. All of them, the children included.
And they got to say goodbye while (we may hope) he was responsive and knew who they were.
He, we may hope and I think so, also had time to say goodbye to his family. - Perhaps it was his brother Etienne de Monpezat, he was waiting for? Or perhaps just coming home?

He got to die in his home, Fredensborg. A place he and QMII were so very fond of, a place with so many happy memories.
He died with his family around him and he died knowing that he was loved and will be missed. Probably also with his beloved dog with him.

It was fast!
He seems to have had a good time in Egypt and then within three weeks he's gone.

Now his family can remember him as the loving, fun loving and warm grandpapa, he was. Rather than the shell of a man, who has all but faded away.

So I'm not only relieved I'm also glad, despite their current grief.
It was a good way to die.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

May he rest in peace, condoleances to his family.

Article in dutch media this morning concerning his passing
https://www.nu.nl/buitenland/5132789...overleden.html
google translated
Old 02-14-2018, 02:39 AM
Administrator

You've summed it up perfectly, Muhler. This is a utterly sad day for the family, Denmark and sympathisers around the world. But despite everything it's a relief to hear that Prince Henrik had a farewell like this - at home and with his loved ones.

May he rest in peace!
Old 02-14-2018, 02:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia send their condolences:

Uttalande av H.M. Konungen med anledning av H.K.H. Prins Henriks av Danmark frånfälle - Sveriges Kungahus
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

What happens now?

That is naturally something that is already very much in the forefront in today's papers.

Judging from what happened when Queen Ingrid died, he is most likely to lie in Castrum Doloris. Queen Ingrid lay for three days, so that's an indication.

He may lie at Fredensborg Palace Church or at the Naval Church in Copenhagen, which is closely affiliated with the DRF. Or perhaps Copenhagen Cathedral.

The court has had time to prepare for what will almost certainly be a state funeral.
If we use Queen Ingrid's funeral as a guideline. After the service in a church, because regardless of PH's religious leanings, he will be buried from a state church, he will likely be transported to the main railway station in Copenhagen and then transported in a train pulled by a steam locomotive to where he will be laid to rest.

Where is the question.
Did PH change his mind in regards to Roskilde?
Did he specifically want to be buried somewhere else?
Or will the DRF contribute his outburst to dementia and stick to Roskilde, which was originally planned?

Here in DK, the flags will go up around now and be lowered to half mast.
When darkness sets in the flags will go to the top before being taken down.
Dannebrog must never be lowered from half mast and as you know Dannebrog must never fly in darkness.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Rest In Peace Prince Henrik ,it came sooner than I was expecting ,how sad for the queen and Royal Family.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:00 AM
Aristocracy

May he rest in peace, it is great that he can stay with his loved ones in the last journey of his life.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's now 08.00, the flags are going up all over DK and then lowered to half mast.

The flags will fly from half mast until 20th February.

That could indicate that he will be laid to rest on the 20th.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

There will be a Press briefing at 11h00 at Christian VII. Palais
Privat til redaktionerne: Pressebriefing i Kongehuset | Kongehuset
Court mourning will last till 14.03. and there will Condoclene lists placed at the Yellow Palace until 20.02.
Press Release: Court mourning and condolence lists | Kongehuset
Old 02-14-2018, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court mourning means no members of the DRF will take in festive occasions or celebrations.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

May he rest in peace. I'm very sorry for the family, hope they'll find the strenght to go through this loss.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

It's incredibly sad news to hear and I am taken aback at how quickly Prince Henrik's condition worsened these last weeks.

I feel so sorry for Queen Margrethe who always seemed stoical and forgiving whenever Henrik had a tantrum and just got on with things always with a smile. But I think they were exceptionally close and loving.

Two things struck me today, one being that Henrik was a fantastic grandfather and his grandchildren will surely miss him terribly. The other is that only a year ago, Princess Benedikte was widowed as well and when one looks back at the royal wedding photos in the 1960's and all those thousands of photos since, we see the whole of a marriage from beginning to end.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

My deepest condolences to Queen Margarethe II and the entire Danish Royal Family.
Rest in peace Prince Hendrik.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Condolences to his wife and family. R.I.P.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope he changed his mind about his resting place. He might have had clear thoughts
Old 02-14-2018, 04:13 AM
Aristocracy

I remember my father in his final days wanting to "go home" and talking about my sister "coming to take him home". I'm glad Prince Henrik got to have his wish as it must mean so much. Deepest sympathy to the family and all who knew him.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
[...] The other is that only a year ago, Princess Benedikte was widowed as well and when one looks back at the royal wedding photos in the 1960's and all those thousands of photos since, we see the whole of a marriage from beginning to end.
This wil be a severe blow as well to the very frail King Constantine of the Hellenes, who has now lost both his brothers-in-law (Prince Henrik and Prince Richard).
Old 02-14-2018, 04:30 AM
Serene Highness

I am glad that you came home to the enviroment and surroundings you loved most and that you could go forth from this world surrounded by the people you loved most.

Sending my deepest condolences to Queen Margrethe II, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim and the entire danish people in this time of greaf.

Rest now Prince Henrik