The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Morocco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
No isn´t the same dress is very similar.
It isn't the same? Well, it looks VERY similiar. And then I think she could save her money and wear the old dress!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
It isn't the same? Well, it looks VERY similiar. And then I think she could save her money and wear the old dress!
No is very very similar. If you don´t believe me I can make a collage with two dresses.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
No is very very similar. If you don´t believe me I can make a collage with two dresses.
That would be great .
Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Kings of Jordan and Morocco meet in Fez
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Kings of Jordan and Morocco meet in Fez
Old 03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Nobility

I suspect the reason Rania wears plain black dresses for dinner with the Moroccan Royal Family is because she knows her female hosts will wear brightly coloured and jewelled caftans and she wants to contrast rather than compete with them
Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
That would be great .
You can see the pic at Fashion forum
Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Nobility

Ohh, I love to see Queen Rania and "Queen" Salma together.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Purepeople
Rania de Jordanie, une véritable étoile au Maroc...
Old 03-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Nobility

First i would like to thanks All the girls for the picture !
i sow the TV reporte yeterday , and i was very surprising of Lala salma ; REALLY SHE WAS THE STARE of this visite ! queen Rania was cute but not much as always !
i have a comment about Molay lhassan : i think he not amused to be theire ; he dont smile as always !
Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Nobility

The Societe nationale de radiodiffusion et de television (a Moroccan TV channel) has video from the visit. Click on the link below and then select either the Arabe du 15 03 09 or Francais du 15 03 09 broadcasts. Both have footage from the arrival.

Journaux

Edit: The Arabe du 16 03 09 and Francais du 16 03 09 broadcasts have footage from the gala dinner, where you can get a better view of everyone's attire. It's also interesting to see all the formalities.

If you use this link in a few days and don't see these broadcasts listed, don't worry. Just select one of the broadcasts that are listed. It will then take you to a video, which has a toolbar underneath with links to archived broadcasts. Select the right ones from there.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
i agree with the article, rania has a special thing, that makes eyes focus on her, perhaps her way to be, or her way to wear her clothes
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Morocco, Jordan satisfied at bilateral cooperation
Fez - King Mohammed VI of Morocco and king Abdullah II of Jordan voiced, here Monday, deep satisfaction at the rhythm of the fruitful development that was injected in bilateral cooperation with the aim of achieving strategic complementary relations between the two kingdoms.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Morocco, Jordan reiterate support to establishing Palestinian state
Fez - King Mohammed VI and King Abdullah II of Jordan reiterated their full support to the right of the Palestinian people and its National Authority to establish, on the Palestinian national territory, their independent state with Al-Quds Asharif as its capital.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

salma red dress was nice, but it look tight on her waist and absolutley not with white tights. rania day suit was nice but not the coat' color. as for the dinner rania kept it simple and salma caftan, shoes and hair with blue accessories are awful. the caftan with white tights isn't elegant at all. i notice rania brings her best fashion style when she is on visits to USA and Europe. her state visits and gala dinners to France, Spain and other countries are memorable.

the boy with his suit and huge watch, doesn't look happy with "his official duties" well, is he really aware of it at that age?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zineb View Post
i notice rania brings her best fashion style when she is on visits to USA and Europe.
This is probably because photos of gala dinners in non-Western countries tend to be quite sparse. Why bother bringing your A-game if no one will see it? If you like media attention—and Vanity Fair says Rania does (remember the "The Star of Jordan" article from a few years ago?)—then it makes more sense to bring your best fashion style to the media-saturated West.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

well i'm glad in morocco there is no magazine equivalent to vanity fair, to show salma wardrobe. but i would like that some magazines like telquel or nichan speak of how much salma and MRF spend instead of posting pictures and saying how stylish she is when thousands if not millions of ppl gain one to few $ per day.

yes, i see your point and i agree that gala dinners in non western countries tend to be very quite, don't get much attention, but they are far extravagant and excessive than in western countries, where every budget and every penny is well controled. the difference is that arab media aren't allowed to comment on first ladies wardrobe or whaveter luxury live they have. when they do, their offices get closed and many familes find themselves without revenues. the western media like the stylish rania and redhead salma, but when it comes to their own first ladies, they are very critical and attentive to every detail. saying that, usually the western first ladies are modest when it comes to day' duties and stylish for gala dinners.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Nobility

why is salma holding her dress up so much?!

rania: i'm disapointed with the black dress. lovely, i'm sure, but save it for ny or some place where black is de rigeur. in morocco, a little color would be more appropriate.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zineb View Post
i notice rania brings her best fashion style when she is on visits to USA and Europe. her state visits and gala dinners to France, Spain and other countries are memorable.
again, I don't agree with that.
The state visits you've mentioned all took place when she first became Queen, back then her evening gowns were heavily embellished, not just on overseas visits to western and non-western nations but at home in Jordan (where she wore several stunning Elie Saab dresses to various festivals). We haven't seen the likes of those in years.

There's a general and noticeable trend of Rania's evening gowns becoming less grand over these past few years, more minimalistic.
The dress she wore at the dinner in Portugal is the most recent example; the state visits to the Netherlands, Brunei, Malaysia are others. The same can be said of evening gowns worn in the US for various working visits. There is more emphasis on cut and design than colour/print/embellishement.

Perhaps the only exception is the Elie Saab dress at the Bambi awards which still doesn't reach the scale of the earlier Elie Saab gowns.

I don't think it has to with the media. It's an overall trend in the choice of clothes Rania wears these days, both evening and day/casual wear.

I'd love to give more examples with pics but perhaps in the Fashion Forum? or we risk going off-topic.

Quote:
the boy with his suit and huge watch, doesn't look happy with "his official duties" well, is he really aware of it at that age?
I agree about Moulay Hassan, he does look rather bored, but what kid wouldn't be! He looks so much like his mother.

Lalla Salma looked nice in her red dress, I thought it was more suitable for an evening engagement though.
I was disappointed that we didn't get to see King Muhammad's sisters at both events.
Despite the bilateral talks, I get the feeling this was more of a private visits. It'd be nice if the Moroccan royals could return the favour and pay a visit to Jordan.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Commoner

King Abdullah II, accompanied by his spouse Queen Rania, arrived Morocco on a two-day working visit :

Lalla Salma: Lalla Salma lors de la visite officielle des souverains jordaniens au Maroc

During a family dinner :

Lalla Salma: Lalla Salma lors du dîner familial offert en l'honneur du Souverain Hachémite
Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Commoner

Lalla Salma during the visit of king Abdullah et Queen Rania of jordan :

Lalla Salma: Lalla Salma lors de la visite officielle des souverains jordaniens au Maroc
Lalla Salma: Lalla Salma lors du dîner familial offert en l'honneur du Souverain Hachémite
Old 03-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

here you can see Gala dinner and the Arrival from Moroccan channel news
Le Journal télévisé en Arabe du 16 03 09