Crown Princess Mary of Denmark's Visit to Morocco: September 2-4, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:thanks Roskilde but I cant seem to open these files:flowers:

:previous:thanks Roskilde but I cant seem to open these files:flowers:

Oh I thought there was a block on the picturedesk photos at my work. Glad it's not just me who can't open the links.

Oh I thought there was a block on the picturedesk photos at my work. Glad it's not just me who can't open the links.

I can see them, thank you for the pics! Sorry you guys cannot though

:previous: My mistake, polyesco and dbarn67... It think you can open the pictures now :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, many thanks Roskilde. The pictures are lovely and Mary looks very comfortable with the people she's meeting.

Article from Hello Magazine!
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark visits Morocco - hellomagazine.com

And Hello!'s gallery
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark visits Morocco - Photo 1 | Celebrity news in hellomagazine.com

Article and gallery from TV2
Mary i Marokko: Vil høre om kvinders ønsker for fremtiden | GO'

A Swedish woman who works for KVINFO has uploaded these three pictures on Facebook with the words:

Outside the Moroccan NGO LDDF in Rebate Crown Princess Mary met with children, women and men from the local neighborhood. The children sang for her, among other songs the Moroccan national Anthem

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1185810_10201912009461348_224198089_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542240_10201912028941835_146132924_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1187270_10201912022181666_1794298221_n.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:thanks to all for the pictures.
Mary seems to have a warm personality and puts all she meets at ease :flowers:

She really seems to have great fun with the people she's meeting, it's good to see the warm smiles and laughter.

i wanna thanks for all the lovely photos too. always enjoys too see mary meeting people she indeed seems very friendly, warm and genuine interested in the people she meets. it must have been some instructive days for all the people in maryfonden.

today was last day right?

Last edited:
Thanks for the many pics. :flowers:

Perhaps someone can enligten us about the Hassan II Mosque and the significanse of Mary's visit there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2013.
Mary viste kongen respekt - Mary showed her respect to the king.
Written by our man in North Africa Ulrik Ulriksen.

This covers the first day of the visit.

Mary touched down in Morocco Monday afternoon and the first item on the agenda was to lay down a wreath at the Hassan II Mosque, in front of the sarcophagus where the king is laid to rest.
Accompanied by the Danish ambassador, Michael Lund Jeppesen, she was taken on a guided tour of the mosque where also king Mohammed V is laid to rest, before signing the guest book.

This visit to the cities of Rabat and Casablanca is partly due to Mary heading the Mary Foundation which has women's rights high on the agenda, but also very much on behalf of the Danish Foreign Ministry, which is heading an initiative in the Arabic countries, appropriately called The Arabic Initiative, where the ministry actively support local women's rights organisations (just like in Jordan). The organisations are supported and work together with similar Danish organisations, among them KVINFO (which also work in Jordan).

Mary dined with the Danish ambassador and his family.
I don't know if this picture has been published here, but the article show Mary posing with the family, wearing a shortsleeved dress, cut above the knee. Dark greyish I think with a tone of green and her hair pulled back. (It's a sall pic, hard to see).
BB asked for a photo and Mary noticed that the children, teenagers actually, stood by themselves and called for them, so they would also appear on the picture.

That's it, more next week.

A video from BB of Mary giving a statement to the press at the end of the visit, explaining the purpose of the visit and the Danish Moroccan co-operation.
It's in English. Video: Kronprinsesse Marys tale til Marokko

Mary is pretty good at facing the press.

You may wish to compare her with our Marie's albeit very charming but lesser routine in facing the press, as described in the J&M events thread.

When it comes to facing the press and give statements, Mary and Joachim are IMO equal and the two absolute best among the members of the DRF. - With Mary having the additional advantage of being a woman and being prettier than Joachim...

Mary is pretty good at facing the press.

You may wish to compare her with our Marie's albeit very charming but lesser routine in facing the press, as described in the J&M events thread.

When it comes to facing the press and give statements, Mary and Joachim are IMO equal and the two absolute best among the members of the DRF. - With Mary having the additional advantage of being a woman and being prettier than Joachim...
How can you compare Mary's statement (I did not hear the questions she was asked), given in her native language, on a visit for which I assume she prepared herself very well, with Marie's answers to a journalist who basically asked her questions she already had answered, given in a language which is not her native language?

I actually think Marie is a natural when it comes to facing the press and making a good impression, much more than Joachim who may be more eloquent regarding statements but comes across as distant (not to say arrogant).

Back
Top Bottom