The Prince and Princess of Asturias Visit to Morocco: November 19, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Given diplomatic tensions around Ceuta and Melilla, the upcoming visit is a good development.

IMRIC this is their second visit to Morocco. Will they meet with Lalla Salma this time?

The article did not say who they will meet. It says that the Foreign Minister of Morocco will accompany them on their visit. I would have though that maybe Moulay Rashid would.
I hope they meet with the King & Lalla Salma.

According to some news Moulay Rashid might accompany them, but there is no sure confirmation. The relation between both Royal Families always has been very good, but the political relations between countries they are complex for multiple reasons. It is better to wait to tomorrow because everything can happen.

none say if there will be a dinner after the inauguration, in this case it's possible that this time the king and salma will receive the crown couple

its one day visit? no Gala Dinner is mention yet,so as they are not staying too long in Morocco I don't think they will meet Lalla salma and M6,the king is in Fez right now and if he is not back in Rabat I am not seen a meeting between the two couple,even if I would loved to see it happen.:)

seems that Morocco is the favorite destination of alot of royals this November,that great:)
i would like the see the the crown couple with the king and Lalla Salma,but as Shrifia said sound like a very short visit they won't have time to meet the king this time too,anyway we must wait and see.

Last edited:
thanks lula for all the informations,keep on the good work.
nice to see Lalla asmaa,I was sur one of the sisters will attend the lunch,I am happy it's Lalla asmaa

Last edited:
Another photo of today lunch from Belga
Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his wife, Princess Letizia pose with Moroccan Prince Moulay Rachid and Moroccan Princess Lalla Asma brother and sister of King of Morocco Mohamed VI, prior to the launcheon offered at the Royal Guests Palace in Rabat, Morocco, 19 November 2009. Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have travelled to this city to inaugurate the new facilities of the Cervantes Institute
http://i50.tinypic.com/28b78k2.jpg

Why was Lalla Salma not present? Is she not in Rabat? I know the King couldn't attend as he is in Fez.

Very interesting pictures! Thank you Lula for all the effort.
I really have no idea what the institute is for though? Is it a spanish language institute? The Principes de Asturias seem to be inaugurating a lot of them all over the world, they opened one in Mexico ...in other places like India I think! What is so special about these institutes?
Prince Felipe has this very generous vibe in him I think, he looks very proper.

Nice photos of the royal couple. Do the Spanish royals have their own private plane to use or do they fly commercial?

Very interesting pictures! Thank you Lula for all the effort.
I really have no idea what the institute is for though? Is it a spanish language institute? The Principes de Asturias seem to be inaugurating a lot of them all over the world, they opened one in Mexico ...in other places like India I think! What is so special about these institutes?
Prince Felipe has this very generous vibe in him I think, he looks very proper.

it's a centre for the promotion of spanish culture and language. there are lots of them all over the world. the equivalent would be for the UK the british council or for france the alliance française more or less.

Thank you Carlota :)! Apparently they opened another one in Marrackech as well! I sort of get it... but I still don't quite grasp the idea behind it? For me, for these kind of schools it usually stops at Spanish lessons. I would excpect the rest of international events which include performing arts or book readings or whatnot, used to "promote culture", to be held in national theaters or libraries...nevermind...
Wonder if Morocco has one of those institutes anywhere?

that's all Cultural exchange lillas,wich help the bilateral relations to be stronger between the two contries and sometimes when politic fail the culture success,actually i think its good idea.
Morocco also has their cultural centers aboard its ecpecially for the Moroccan community abroad;and this years of 2009 Morocco plan to have more and across all Europe.

Back
Top Bottom