The Royal Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monalisa

Courtier
City
Namur
Country
Belgium
Please post here all news about the royal education,all about their studies,training practices....

Originally posted by Monalisa+Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:34 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monalisa @ Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:34 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-madonna23@Apr 26th, 2004 - 2:31 pm
Lalla soukaina is still 17 years,didn't have yet her baccalaureate which will allow her to attend university or heigh studies 

oh! i thought she was 18 or even 19. :flower: so she must still be in morocco?
she's still studying in the royal college in rabat,she's 17?and will 18 in may ;)[/b][/quote]
hello everybody !
i was at the french high school in rabat, morocco, and we often used to have news from the royal family because when you are in the royal college, you must choose the economic section. If you want to go to the scientific section, then you go to the french high school. So, i know many people who were with lalla soukeina's class.
It's true tht she is 17, but in the royal college, they start school one year before. So, lalla soukeina passed her economic baccalaureate last year.
Now, she's studying in Paris.

Do you know what Lalla Soukaina is studying in Paris? And which university she is attending?

Monalisa, I know which speech of KA you are referring to. He did look a little abnormal pronouncing every word in a weird way. But he has drastically improved now, don't you think?

Bubette, just for information purposes: there is a difference between everyday colloquial Arabic and Classical Arabic (which is used in official occasions). Each Arabic country speaks their own dialect, but when it comes to writing and giving an official speech, it is all the same (and it is very very difficult). KA was lagging a bit behind in classical Arabic.

Thanks--I am studying Arabic now so all the info helps! (Modern Standard Arabic, for now).

Originally posted by MARIAH@May 8th, 2004 - 5:12 pm
Hello again !
here is the link to see that lalla soukaïna passed her baccalaureate last year

http://www.ambafrance-ma.org/bac/index.cfm?arc=1

bye !
So, she is into economics. Good for her. Do you know, if she continues her studies in economics?

I also notice Prince Moulay Ismail on the list. Is he on University in France, too?

Thanks for the links, MARIAH. :flower:

hello Asma!

Indeed, lalla soukaina is still studying economics at university in Paris. Concerning moulay ismael he's studying "business administration" at "Al-Akhawayn", the American university in Ifrane, Morocco.

BYE ;)

Thanks MARIAH. Just out of my curiosity, could you please tell me, what foreign language classes are available in Royal College?

Also, there are many Americans universities in the Arab countries. What is the “NAME” based on: finance of those universities by US, American’s instructors or other principles.

Thanks. :flower:

King M6 and his brother My Rashid are highly educated. they both have Phd in law from France. All their education before their Phd degrees was done in Morocco.

Until high school, they were in the Royal School. Undergraduate and Masters levels were done in the Moroccan public university of Rabat, Faculty of Law.

Note: I am saying they have a Phd degree and not a JD degree.

Both master languages (e.g. Arabic, French, English)..

All their sisters have only a high school diploma but may have taken other non -degree courses.

Yes, Alkhawayn University follows the american educational system but can't be called the American University like the ones in Cairo and Beirut.

Alkhawayn University is the only private university in Morocco and yes My Ismail is over there.

Originally posted by Asma2@May 16th, 2004 - 8:32 pm
Thanks MARIAH. Just out of my curiosity, could you please tell me, what foreign language classes are available in Royal College?

Also, there are many Americans universities in the Arab countries. What is the “NAME” based on: finance of those universities by US, American’s instructors or other principles.

Hello Asma, well concerning foreign language classes taken in the Royal college : nearly all students speak at least three languages (they are really trilingual because they speak arabic, french and english really well as if they were all mother tongues), and most of them speak also spanish quite well. Lalla soukeina speaks those four languages.

Concerning the American university I was talking about, i think "humble" has answered well : it's a private university that belongs to the American educational system. Teachers are American, books and programmes are American.

Hope I've answered ur questions, :)

Originally posted by MARIAH+May 17th, 2004 - 8:26 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MARIAH @ May 17th, 2004 - 8:26 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Asma2@May 16th, 2004 - 8:32 pm

Hello Asma, well concerning foreign language classes taken in the Royal college : nearly all students speak at least three languages (they are really trilingual because they speak arabic, french and english really well as if they were all mother tongues), and most of them speak also spanish quite well. Lalla soukeina speaks those four languages.

Concerning the American university I was talking about, i think "humble" has answered well : it's a private university that belongs to the American educational system. Teachers are American, books and programmes are American.

Hope I've answered ur questions, :) [/b][/quote]
Actually, over 70% of the faculty are Moroccan at Alkhawayn University. Even the staff...Check by yourself by going to each school faculty listing at:

http://www.alakhawayn.ma/

Originally posted by Humble@May 16th, 2004 - 10:26 pm
King M6 and his brother My Rashid are highly educated. they both have Phd in law from France. All their education before their Phd degrees was done in Morocco.

Until high school, they were in the Royal School. Undergraduate and Masters levels were done in the Moroccan public university of Rabat, Faculty of Law.

Note: I am saying they have a Phd degree and not a JD degree.

Both master languages (e.g. Arabic, French, English)..

and spanish

Afin de compléter sa formation, S.A.R. le Prince Moulay Rachid a effectué, en novembre 1993, un stage au siège des Nations Unies à New York, en vue de préparer une thèse de doctorat de droit sur l'ONU.

I just noticed that Prince My Rachid took some training course in UN in New York. Does anybody know what exactly? I am confused. :unsure:

i think he was working for Unated Nations, king Mohammed VI was in Belgium in European Union

Originally posted by Asma2@Jun 19th, 2004 - 8:16 pm
Afin de compléter sa formation, S.A.R. le Prince Moulay Rachid a effectué, en novembre 1993, un stage au siège des Nations Unies à New York, en vue de préparer une thèse de doctorat de droit sur l'ONU.

I just noticed that Prince My Rachid took some training course in UN in New York. Does anybody know what exactly? I am confused. :unsure:
I'm quit sure that CP. My Rachid did his PH.D on UN,and it was about Bosnia and international politic;)

:heart: :flower: my babysiters are christians and one of them is called marie and we do talk about job marines plan moulay rachid since 1976 in a children play boat
the work was established since 1976 and the dream of the boat has gown up and moulay achid has grown up too and become a very tolerant gentleman prince we were folowing his plan boat marines since an early age so happy birthday for the prince and be patient to judge him now he become a man of 34 yeas old :innocent:

Originally posted by Ulika@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 6:07 am
WOW, rachid studied a lot. :clap: :clap: :clap:
And his brother the king M6 already had similar education..the king has also a Phd in Law from France..I am saying Phd in law not a JD (Juris Doctor)

JD in the USA is only 3 years of education after a bachelor...

His Majesty King Mohammed VI

His Majesty King Mohammed VI, son of late King H.M. Hassan II, is born on 21 August 1963, in Rabat. At the age of 4, his father enrolled him at the Koranic School of the Royal Palace.

In 1973, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince successfully completed the certificate of his primary studies, and finished his secondary studies at the Royal College where he received his Baccalaureate in 1981. He is graduate of the University Mohammed V.

In 1985, Crown Prince Sidi Mohammed got his Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the university of judicial, economic and social studies in Rabat. The subject of his thesis was “The African Union and the Kingdom’s Strategy in International Relations”.

In 1987, he got the First Certificate of high studies in political sciences.

In July 1988, His Royal Highness, Crown Prince Sidi Mohammed, successfully completed his exams in the Second Certificate of high studies in public law.

In order to complete his training, and to practice the principles and rules of law at the college, the Late King Hassan II decided to send him, on November 1988, to Brussels with Mr. Jacques Delors, President of the Commission of the European Economic Communities, for some months.

On October 29th, 1993, His Highness Crown Prince received, at the University of Nice-Antipolis in France, the title of a Doctor in Law. The thesis title was : “Cooperation between the European Economic Community and the Arab Maghreb Union”.

On July 12th, 1994, His Highness Crown Prince Sidi Mohammed was promoted, by the Late King Hassan II, General of Division.

Even at a young age, Crown Prince was always asked by his father to carry out different missions at different levels : national, Arab, Islamic, African and international towards head of states. His Highness took part in many international and regional conferences.

According to Gilles Perrault author of the book " notre ami le roi ", the memory of doctorate of Mohamed VI is false, it is not he that has it write

Originally posted by rosa@Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:28 am
According to Gilles Perrault author of the book " notre ami le roi ", the memory of doctorate of Mohamed VI is false, it is not he that has it write
Do you believe king Mohammed VI wrote his doctorate?
Do you believe king Mohammed VI lack knowledge to write the doctorate with his life time experience?

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 27th, 2004 - 6:59 pm
Do you believe king Mohammed VI lack knowledge to write the doctorate with his life time experience?
according to what I read, he have like to study the arts plastics domain where he would have the talent, but his father would have opposed it, I also read that actually his school course was not of the most brilliant
it is in an article of the magazine French VSD that mentioned Gilles Perraut and J.P Tucquoi that I learned all this; these two Gentlemen are known enough, J.P tucquoi works for the newspaper "le monde" and has write " le dernier roi ", Gilles Perrault has write " notre ami le roi ", book having an enormous success at the time of its exit
PS: I don't understand where the experience of life intervenes in the writing of a doctorate in law (or maybe I badly have understood your sentence)

Originally posted by rosa+Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rosa @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mysterious@Jun 27th, 2004 - 6:59 pm
according to what I read, he have like to study the arts plastics domain where he would have the talent, but his father would have opposed it, I also read that actually his school course was not of the most brilliant
it is in an article of the magazine French VSD that mentioned Gilles Perraut and J.P Tucquoi that I learned all this; these two Gentlemen are known enough, J.P tucquoi works for the newspaper "le monde" and has write " le dernier roi ", Gilles Perrault has write " notre ami le roi ", book having an enormous success at the time of its exit
PS: I don't understand where the experience of life intervenes in the writing of a doctorate in law (or maybe I badly have understood your sentence) [/b][/quote]
King Mohammed VI studied law, see above.
King Mohammed VI worked very hard since his early age of 4. Since age 11 he represented his father internationally.
To write the doctorate you need knowledge and experience. King Mohammed VI doesn’t lack any of those.
King Mohammed VI defended his thesis “Cooperation between the European Economic Community and the Arab Maghreb Union” at the University of Nice-Antipolis in France.

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:13 pm
King Mohammed VI studied law, see above.
King Mohammed VI worked very hard since his early age of 4. Since age 11 he represented his father internationally.
To write the doctorate you need knowledge and experience. King Mohammed VI doesn’t lack any of those.
King Mohammed VI defended his thesis “Cooperation between the European Economic Community and the Arab Maghreb Union” at the University of Nice-Antipolis in France.
when I read the official biography of king mohamedVI, I agree with you that is that writes, but what I read on VSD contradict the official version, is it true or not, I don't I know , but one is able to put himself the question especially as the number of VSD that contained this article has been censored in morocco (I read it on the site of « reporters sans frontiéres), why censor if one doesn't have anything to be reproach?

From what I know, the Moroccan Princesses have only high school degree, their brothers like the late king Hassan II, have a doctorate degree in Law ...

I don't know why the princesses did not continue their study as their brothers?
Do Lalla soukaina will stop at high school degree as well?

Last edited:
abir said:
From what I know, the Moroccan Princesses have only high school degree, their brothers like the late king Hassan II, have a doctorate degree in Law ...

I don't know why the princesses did not continue their study as their brothers?
Do Lalla soukaina will stop at high scholl degree as well?
for what I read here, she continous her studies in France

I don't think so, Royal family enter Royal School at the age of 6 or 7.
she is 17, and probably she finished high school this year, or maybe next year.

Last edited:
abir said:
I don't think so, Royal family enter Royal School at age 6 or 7.
she is 17, and probably she finished high school this year, or maybe next year.

always according to what I read here, at the royal school, the studies begin one year earlier, she is 18 years old, she had her high school degree at 17 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom