The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Morocco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
The kings and queen sofia look nice in formal suits, to me salma's suit doesn't correspond well to the event.
I agree with you abir, the suit she wore could of been worn to a dinner party, or a more formal event.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 464
Salma in Valentino couture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	81964   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	81965   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	81966   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	81967  

__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-19-2005, 06:14 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
Salma in Valentino couture.
Great Guess Who. Thanks a lot for the pictures.
That's what I said, the suit and the orange coat look as they are made from similar material and have similar motif ... so they are from the same designer!

The way how the models wore the coat and the suit ... let me feel as they are made more for dinner/evening events than for official inauguration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
Look how beautiful is the palace and how magnificient is the artisanal work.
Moon, definitely it's wonderful, really. But do you know how much costed and still costs to maintain it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
From Hellomagazine:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/...moroccoroyals/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Humble
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking about the 2 dresses Salma wore on the first day visit of their Majesties of Spain, Rosa and Abir did not find them suitable (no surprise here) for the occasion and thought they are for evening or something of the sort, let me tell you that in Morocco, the 2 dresses are suitable for the events Salma wore them (especially that there were few changes in Salma's dresses in comparison with the ones the 2 valentino models were wearing) and for evening or for other more formal events as you mentioned, Moroccans (including Salma) would wear Tak****as..And as such,
It would have been ridiculous if Salma went to the airport with a Takchita...

Dressing is cultural and of course is a matter of taste...

As for Salma and her relationship with her sisters in law, Rosa meant to say (IMO)that they are happy because Salma is of no strong personality, that she is not competing with them, blah, blah.....blah...

I personally can't be so sure of the kind of relationship they are holding..Even pictures can be misleading.....And therefore, i choose to think positively about this relationship and give it the benefit of the doubt...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-19-2005, 12:58 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble
Talking about the 2 dresses Salma wore on the first day visit of their Majesties of Spain, Rosa and Abir did not find them suitable (no surprise here) for the occasion and thought they are for evening or something of the sort, let me tell you that in Morocco, the 2 dresses are suitable for the events Salma wore them (especially that there were few changes in Salma's dresses in comparison with the ones the 2 valentino models were wearing) and for evening or for other more formal events as you mentioned, Moroccans (including Salma) would wear Tak****as..And as such,
It would have been ridiculous if Salma went to the airport with a Takchita...
Humble, I see your point, but sorry if I say that it looks strange to wear inappropriate dress for a special event. If I took your example of not wearing a traditional dress to welcome the queen in the airport and if I follow the same reasoning you did, I will say also: the 2 dresses were redicoulous for inappropriate events ...

Valentino opt this year for orange ... evening dresses were a fully orange color, and it's indian models who made the show for that.
Orange coat with a fur in a hot country and shinning day, I think it's too much :)

About learning manners, I agree that salma is new to the moroccan royal house and it takes time to learn and apply them perfectly.
But What about simple manners which they are not related to any protocols or royalties? I saw other first ladies very warm with their guests. For example asma assad is not royal, and she was always walking near to queen sofia (not behind her), smiling and warm. Rania does the same. This has nothing to do with manners.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Valentino opt this year for orange ... evening dresses were a fully orange color, and it's indian models who made the show for that.
Orange coat with a fur in a hot country and shinning day, I think it's too much :)
Abir, like most people who live in North America, you are assuming that Morocco is a hot country but that is not the case. The Sahara region might be warm but the atlantic coast and the inner parts of the country can be quite cold during winter and automn. Temperature these days range between 40° and 73° (early morning-middle of the day).
If you go on a visit to Morocco now, you will see most people wearing coats.
Of course the feeling of Cold in Morocco has nothing to do with feeling Cold in Canada :).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,154
Caption:
TANGIERS, MOROCCO: King Juan Carlos of Spain and his wife Queen Sofia arrive at Tangiers' airport, northern Morocco, 19 January 2005. The Spanish King is on the third and last day of his state visit to Morocco hailed on both sides of the Mediterranean as a major step in renewing links that had tarnished over recent years
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	82065   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	82066   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	82067   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	82068  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	82069   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	82070   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	82071   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	82072  

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	82073   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	82074  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Humble, I see your point, but sorry if I say that it looks strange to wear inappropriate dress for a special event. If I took your example of not wearing a traditional dress to welcome the queen in the airport and if I follow the same reasoning you did, I will say also: the 2 dresses were redicoulous for inappropriate events ...

Valentino opt this year for orange ... evening dresses were a fully orange color, and it's indian models who made the show for that.
Orange coat with a fur in a hot country and shinning day, I think it's too much :)

About learning manners, I agree that salma is new to the moroccan royal house and it takes time to learn and apply them perfectly.
But What about simple manners which they are not related to any protocols or royalties? I saw other first ladies very warm with their guests. For example asma assad is not royal, and she was always walking near to queen sofia (not behind her), smiling and warm. Rania does the same. This has nothing to do with manners.
Morocco has 4 seasons and it is winter time now over there. So, it is a bit cold although it should have been colder during the time their Majesties are visiting Morocco...

I see Humble point's view..S/he is especially right when she said dressing is cultural. for example: What you may wear during the day, i may wear it during the evening.

the 2 dresses Salma wore during certain times of the day look ridiculous only to you, rosa and maybe some others but not to everyone...

As for Salma walking besides her guests, i agree she has to work more on that.

Salma spent all her life in Morocco. She was not exposed to different cultures abroad before her marriage (i am not talking exposure through programs over satellites). her style and maybe her way of dressing would have been more sharpened had she had more experience and exposure in different settings local and international..(see, if she did her under/grad studies abroad and met different people, this would have affected her taste in some way)
but i am positive, she will improve over time.. I think this is quite normal and is part of her learning curve....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-19-2005, 02:44 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
Morocco has 4 seasons and it is winter time now over there. So, it is a bit cold although it should have been colder during the time their Majesties are visiting Morocco...

I see Humble point's view..S/he is especially right when she said dressing is cultural. for example: What you may wear during the day, i may wear it during the evening.

the 2 dresses Salma wore during certain times of the day look ridiculous only to you, rosa and maybe some others but not to everyone...

As for Salma walking besides her guests, i agree she has to work more on that.

Salma spent all her life in Morocco. She was not exposed to different cultures abroad before her marriage (i am not talking exposure through programs over satellites). her style and maybe her way of dressing would have been more sharpened had she had more experience and exposure in different settings local and international..(see, if she did her under/grad studies abroad and met different people, this would have affected her taste in some way)
but i am positive, she will improve over time.. I think this is quite normal and is part of her learning curve....
Right Moon, I used the word "rediculous" on reply to Humble' message as she used the same word. To me it's "inappropriate". Thanks for pointing as well the 4 seasons in Morocco, I was thinking they are only 2, since winter and spring are very short :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,691
Queen Sofia and Lalla Salma at a children's social centre.
The two women seem to have become good friends in a short time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2343131.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	82095   Click image for larger version

Name:	2343181.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	82096   Click image for larger version

Name:	2343182.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	82097  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,691
TAHADART, MOROCCO: Spanish King Juan Carlos, his Moroccan counterpart Mohammed VI (C) and his brother Moulay Rachid arrive to attend the inauguration of a power station in Tahadart near Tangiers, northern Morocco, 19 January 2004. The king is on the third and last day of his state visit to Morocco hailed on both sides of the Mediterranean as a major step in renewing links that had tarnished over recent years. AFP PHOTO/ABDELHAK SENNA

more pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52021509.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	82101   Click image for larger version

Name:	52021520.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	82102   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP720203_guest.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	82113   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP720414_guest.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	82114  

Click image for larger version

Name:	AP720417_guest.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	82115  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:17 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~

Queen Sofia and Lalla Salma at a children's social centre.
The two women seem to have become good friends in a short time!
Thanks Humera for the pictures. They look as they are very old friends ... and my remark of being warm ... here it's too much :)
I am confused about social projects inaugurations and visits of salma only with foreign first ladies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Thanks Humera for the pictures. They look as they are very old friends ... and my remark of being warm ... here it's too much :)
I am confused about social projects inaugurations and visits of salma only with foreign first ladies.
yes we've all noticed that too.
Except for a few occassions in the past, she doesnt seem to carry out daily official duties like many other royals do, including her sisters-in-law.
I also noticed that she wasnt at the parliament with the Spanish King and Queen yesterday. Maybe it'll take her a while to get more involved. The Moroccan kings' wives havent traditionally had very prominent roles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-19-2005, 05:26 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,866
I don´t see the pics of the private dinner of yesterday. I see this in spanish TV, lalla Salma wear a orange caftan and King Juan Carlos play with Moulay Hassan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Blueice's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 384
Oh, these pictures are so nice, thank you Humera :) - both ladies look very lovely and seem to get along very well. Queen Sofia is such a admirable lady, indeed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
One more picture from http://www.corbis.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-1102027.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	82177  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 91
Queen Sofía, accompanied by Princess Lalla Meryem, sister of the King Mohamed VI (Rabat, January 18, 2005 )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sofia_maryem1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	82336  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-20-2005, 07:02 AM
abir's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 467
Pictures from http://www.fotomarktplatz.de

Caption: Lalla Salma of Morocco and Queen Sofia of Spain visit a rehabilitation center for young people in Tanger-Morocco on January 19 , 2005 on the last day of a three-day state visit to Morocco of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage-1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	82345   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage-2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	82346   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage-3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	82347   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage-6.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	82348  

Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage-7.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	82349   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage-5.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	82350   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage-8.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	82351  
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish Introductory visit to Morocco: July 14, 2014 dazzling Royal Family of Morocco 73 08-14-2014 11:28 AM
Spanish State Visit to Tunisia and Official Visit to Malta; November 24-26, 2009 lula King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 10 11-26-2009 04:10 PM
Willem-Alexander & Maxima's Visit to Morocco; November 13-16, 2005 Mandy Royal Family of Morocco 120 09-15-2006 10:21 PM
Belgian State Visit to Morocco; 5-7 October 2004 clouseau King Albert II and Queen Paola 47 08-13-2006 08:54 AM
Queen Sofia's working visit to Morocco: February, 2005 pdas1201 King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma and Family 27 02-28-2005 06:33 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]