Royal Family of Morocco Current Events parts 1: February 2004 -August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
President Hu Jintao visit Morocco

President Hu Jintao arrived in Rabat, capital of Morocco, on a state visit yesterday and was scheduled to hold talks with King Mohammed VI in the evening.
In a written speech delivered upon arrival, Hu said although China and Morocco are geographically far apart, the friendship between them dated back to ancient times.

During the visit, agreements were expected to be signed on economic, technical, scientific, cultural and medical co-operation early this morning Beijing time. Morocco is eight hours behind China.
The north African nation is the third leg of Hu's five-nation tour, which has taken him to the United States and Saudi Arabia, will also see him visit Nigeria and Kenya.
Trade between China and Morocco has grown rapidly, reaching US$1.48 billion last year, according to Foreign Ministry statistics.
Commodities that China exports to Morocco mainly include light industrial products, textiles, green tea, and mechanical and electronic products. It imports phosphates, chemical fertilizer and cobalt sand.
China and Morocco established diplomatic relations in November 1958.
Taib Fassi Fihri, who visited China as a special envoy of King Mohammed VI earlier this month, told reporters that the Moroccan side is "quite satisfied with the current economic ties and do believe they will continue to forge ahead."
He said he hoped more Chinese enterprises which are active in such areas as government purchasing, electricity and infrastructure construction would invest in his country.
On his first state visit to Saudi Arabia, Hu listed key areas for co-operation between the two nations including investment, energy, trade, culture and education sectors. Saudi Arabia is China's biggest trade partner in West Asia, with bilateral trade volume reaching US$16 billion last year.

http://mohamed-6.skyblog.com

zineb said:
coat and caftan are nice but i find her syle boring. flowers everywhere, in the coat, earings and caftan :eek:
i notice, usually she wears same things in same day or so. this time flowers at reception and dinner, last year with queen sofia she wore two suits from valentino in space of 2 or 3 hours, and in japan she wore two grey suits.
she looks always busy and her hair in front looks like tintin hairdo :confused:

I am not a big fan of her style. but the caftan that she wear at the reception is very nice,it has the same style that the one that wore the very elegant princess lallla meriem at Marrakech festival dinner
about her hair, I share your opinion, they aren't nice at all

Times2222 said:
24 - King Mohammed VI, accompanied by prince Moulay Rachid and princess Lalla Salma, chaired, here Monday, an official ceremony to welcome Chinese president ...

here are some few pics about the chinese prisedent visit and meeting up with the King Mohamed 6

Attachments

• huj.jpg
    huj.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 648
  • huj1.jpg
    huj1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 829
  • xin_110403250722323238842.jpg
    xin_110403250722323238842.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 589
  • xin_460403252049728753312.jpg
    xin_460403252049728753312.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 671
  • 20060424_B_Hu.jpg
    20060424_B_Hu.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
lalla salma si so pretty, (I saw here) but I don't found her well hair dressed, and she maybe she doesn't yet know how to choose her clothes. She could be more beautiful again with a better "look".......and really seems as a Princess.......it's my opinion

PS. She doesn't know also hox to choose her Caftans, they are always so "provincial", so flashy colours, with a lot of flowers on, long red hair, important earings ...I thing that she is to young to be weared as a mother ......

Last edited by a moderator:
ikram said:
lalla salma si so pretty, (I saw here) but I don't found her well hair dressed, and she maybe she doesn't yet know how to choose her clothes. She could be more beautiful again with a better "look".......and really seems as a Princess.......it's my opinion

I agree with you, I don't like a lot her style, I don't find it refined and elegant, and she must change her hairdo
I think also that she need to have a councelor in communication, because she has difficulties to making conversations
I saw the fotos of the visit of royal couple of spain in jordan, and queen rania was so elegant and natural, I don't want to make comparison, or that salma imitate rania, but I would like to see her more elegant in her way to dress, and more natural with her guests (she is always smiling but silent)

Maybe is lady salma shy and maybe she's not social.

Loubna 2, she may be always smili,g but silent, it doesn't mean that she is not natural!!!!!!

Polfoto 11-05-2006 Morocco's King Mohammed VI, foreground, and Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, listen to national anthems upon Mubarak's arrival at Marrakesh airport, Thursday, May 11, 2006. Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak visited Morocco on Thursday to discuss trade, investment and other topics with the monarch of this North African kingdom. Mubarak's three-day visit comes at the end of a tour that started in Europe, with visits to Germany and Italy

from polfoto and getty

Attachments

• AP793917_guest.jpg
    AP793917_guest.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 594
  • AP793939_guest.jpg
    AP793939_guest.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 635
  • AP793953_guest.jpg
    AP793953_guest.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 502
  • AP793954_guest.jpg
    AP793954_guest.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 482
  • 57584832.jpg
    57584832.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 57585177.jpg
    57585177.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 566
  • 57584881.jpg
    57584881.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 411
  • 57584803.jpg
    57584803.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 495
  • 57584774.jpg
    57584774.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Thanks fanletizia ....In the 7th picture we can see in the back princesses Lalla meryem and lalla Asma :)

Egyptian President starts official visit to Morocco

Marrakech, May 11 - Egyptian president, Hosni Moubarak, and his spouse arrived, here Thursday, for an official three-day visit to Morocco to co-chair with king Mohammed VI the 6th Moroccan-Egyptian high joint commission.
http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/box1/egyptian_president_s/view

Source:map

Thanks fanletizia for pictures.

I like what Salma is wearing,and the straighted hair suits her a lot,she made a good point here.

Hey

Plz post more pics of his majesty and the egyptian president plzzzzzzz i want more to add in my Mohamed VI Blog.

Regards
Tarik:)

Attachments

• 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 415
lalla salma's suit is nice, but I think that in marrakech, it would be better if she wore a color of summer, as what wore lalla meryem and asma
her hairs are better than at the chinese visite, but too long, I wonder how she make in marrakech with all this masse of hairs
do you have pics of the dinner, lalla meryem wore always very beautiful kaftans , and i am curious to see her new one

President Hosni Mubarak (L) and Morocco's King Mohammed VI pose before their talks in Marrakech, 12 May 2006

from getty

Attachments

• 57591310.jpg
    57591310.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 396
  • 57591706.jpg
    57591706.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 57596228.jpg
    57596228.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 423
loubna2 said:
lalla salma's suit is nice, but I think that in marrakech, it would be better if she wore a color of summer, as what wore lalla meryem and asma
her hairs are better than at the chinese visite, but too long, I wonder how she make in marrakech with all this masse of hairs
do you have pics of the dinner, lalla meryem wore always very beautiful kaftans , and i am curious to see her new one
i agree with u loubna2. this time the hairdo is better and the suit is nice but the color is darker for this season.

Her suit here does seem very busy, it would have been nicer with a plain black skirt, otherwise it's a bit too "loud". Not sure about the hair either, I really think she should cut it, long hair can be so ageing and boring.

Lalla Meryem and Lalla Sama seem ot be wearing nice suits.

the pictures are great!! i love lalla salma's new hairdo it is very sleek and classy.

imane44 said:
the pictures are great!! i love lalla salma's new hairdo it is very sleek and classy.

i love the way she tries to distingues herself from her sister-in-law.:)

King Mohammed VI chairs military parade

Rabat, May 14 - King Mohammed VI, Supreme Commander and Chief of Staff of the Royal Armed Forces, accompanied by Prince Moulay Rachid, presided over, here Sunday, a parade of the Moroccan military on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of creation of the Royal Armed Forces.

Source: map
http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/box1/king_mohammed_vi_cha/view

Rabat, MOROCCO: Moroccan King Mohammed VI (C) and his younger brother Prince Moulay Rachid (2nd L) salute leaders of the different branches of the Moroccan army in Rabat 14 May 2006 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Moroccan Royal Armed Forces.

From Gettyimages

Attachments

• 57607806.jpg
    57607806.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 423
  • 57608433.jpg
    57608433.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 57607944.jpg
    57607944.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 896
  • 57607942.jpg
    57607942.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 420
  • 57607800.jpg
    57607800.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 57607786.jpg
    57607786.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 395
  • 57607938.jpg
    57607938.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 391
Less watermarked photos from Profimedia

Attachments

• NWS-996701.jpg
    NWS-996701.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 324
  • NWS-996826.jpg
    NWS-996826.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 339
  • NWS-996775.jpg
    NWS-996775.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 394
  • NWS-996720.jpg
    NWS-996720.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 369
  • NWS-996678.jpg
    NWS-996678.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 415
  • NWS-996664.jpg
    NWS-996664.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 397
  • NWS-996613.jpg
    NWS-996613.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 365
  • NWS-996580.jpg
    NWS-996580.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 369
  • NWS-996570.jpg
    NWS-996570.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 334
  • NWS-996569.jpg
    NWS-996569.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 384
More pictures from the MAP

Attachments

• Prince-G1.JPG
    Prince-G1.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 393
  • sm-defileG1.JPG
    sm-defileG1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 451
  • sm-messgeG1.JPG
    sm-messgeG1.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 422
King Mohammed VI addresses Order of the Day to the Royal Armed Forces

Rabat, May 14 - On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Moroccan Royal Armed Forces, king Mohammed VI, Supreme Commander and Chief of Staff of the Royal Armed Forces, directed an Order of the Day to the officers, non-commissioned officers and privates.
Here follows the full text of the Order of the Day.

Praise be to God Peace and blessings be upon the Prophet, His Kith and Kin
Officers,
Non-Commissioned Officers and Privates,
Today, along with the entire Moroccan nation, you are proudly celebrating the Fiftieth Anniversary of the founding of the Royal Armed Forces. This commemoration reminds us of the glorious, ground-breaking achievements accomplished by my late grandfather, His Majesty King Mohammed V, the nation's liberator, who laid the solid groundwork for our national Army, charted out the course to be followed by it, and made it an army from the people, for the people. As such, it protects the nation's sovereignty, preserves its territorial integrity and is ever ready to defend its sacred, immutable values, with steadfastness and bravery.
This is the mission my revered grandfather, His Majesty King Mohammed V, may he rest in peace, referred to upon announcing the good news of the nation's independence, pointing out that the Royal Armed Forces would represent the country's first national institution and one of the symbols of sovereignty. His Majesty said:
“On this auspicious day, which marks Morocco' first celebration as an independent nation, I am happy to announce the good news of the founding of a national army, exclusively under Moroccan command, which will work under my supervision, and define the army's action plans and objectives... The army is a symbol of sovereignty, and of a nation's greatness... This is the army of your free nation, and the pivotal element of its everlasting independence; it is the emblem of its glory, the guardian of its integrity and unity; it will be at your service, watching over your comfort and security, ever ready to repel risks and perils...”.
I proudly recall the development witnessed by the Royal Armed Forces - the army, navy, air force and Gendarmerie Royale – in terms of supervision, equipment, instruction and training during the reign of my venerable father, His Majesty King Hassan II, may he rest in peace. His Majesty made the development of your prestigious institution a top priority, ensuring that the Royal Armed Forces combine military and administrative functions, and that they take part in construction projects. By being part of contingents sent to various friendly nations, the Royal Armed Forces have been contributing to peace-keeping operations, putting an end to bloodshed caused by war, upholding justice and the rule of law, within international legality, and making dialogue, not confrontation, prevail.
The commemoration of such a glorious event gives me the opportunity, as Supreme Commander and Chief of Staff of the Royal Armed Forces, to pause and reflect on our military, highlight the historical background and fourteen-century-old cultural heritage it stems from, and underscore the values to which you are deeply committed. This is also a chance to ponder on the patriotic dimensions relating to the celebration of the nation's independence, a watershed in the life of our society. For all these reasons, I issued my instructions for the celebration of the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Royal Armed Forces, as a token of deep affection, satisfaction and consideration, given the significance and various meanings of such a commemoration, which can all be summed in a single phrase: “The Army at the service of the Nation”. This is the slogan I chose for the celebration of this anniversary when I drew up a comprehensive, well-defined program of festivities, placing this commemorative event under my patronage.

Officers,

It is a source of deep satisfaction to me that the commemoration of the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Royal Armed Forces has fulfilled the objectives set. In accordance with my instructions, the celebration has been comprehensive, taking into account the historical as well as the cultural aspects marking the life of our Royal Armed Forces. Festivities have also brought to the fore your lofty social and humanitarian action, both at home and abroad. This has been done through workshops and academic events which have opened up new prospects for scientific research and confirmed the Armed Forces' opening onto the university and academic environment.
I wanted NGOs to be involved in this celebration, through the organization of open-door activities throughout the Kingdom. To my great satisfaction, these events have been extremely popular.
I want you to know how pleased I am with the work carried out by medical teams from our army, both within the framework of the National Initiative for Human Development and to give concrete substance to South-South cooperation. They have been serving people across the Kingdom as well as in sister nations, providing valuable humanitarian assistance to many needy people.
It is also especially gratifying to note that culture has featured prominently in this celebration, particularly through the organization, in major Moroccan cities, of exhibitions on military history in which friendly nations, with whom we share chapters of our history, have taken part. This is yet another strong indication that Morocco has always been a cultural crossroads, a land wholeheartedly dedicated to constructive interaction. This distinctive feature of our nation stems from a firm belief that civilizations grow and prosper through fruitful exchange and continuous interaction, for culture transcends all borders.
I decided that a national military parade that brings to the fore our current military history should be the crowning event of this Fiftieth Anniversary celebration. I wanted this parade, over which I presided in person, in my capacity as Supreme Commander and Chief of Staff of the Royal Armed Forces, to be both well-organized and a source of pride for all of us. It highlighted the various stages in the life of the Royal Armed forces, reflecting the full extent of your discipline, high military ideals, good supervision and first-class command.
The celebration of this glorious event has, indeed, lived up to our expectations in terms of festivities, creativity, and participation in reform and construction projects; it has also helped pave the way for a promising future for our beloved nation.

Officers,

You have shown constant steadfastness in defending the nation's sacred values, being ever vigilant to protect the country's unity and integrity. Thanks to your great competence and unwavering commitment to your ideals, you have shown how dedicated you are to your national obligations, participating effectively in relief and rescue operations, and protecting our country against natural disasters and other adversities. At all times, you have demonstrated great proficiency, rational use of resources and good anticipation.
Your commendable participation in several international peace-keeping operations to uphold international legality perpetuates a worthy tradition we have preserved, generation after generation.
Officers,
This Fiftieth Anniversary is an opportunity to commend the accomplishments you have made over the last half century. Furthermore, it is a fitting occasion for me to invite you to embark upon the next half century and benefit from fine military training in all relevant fields and specializations. You should also show special interest in modern training, supervision, planning, preparedness and programming methods used in military academies. The aim is for our Royal Armed Forces to keep abreast of the swift changes affecting the international community, and to face the growing complexities of the international system.
I am sure our Royal Armed Forces are keenly aware of the far-reaching changes under way and are fully prepared to meet modern requirements in an optimal manner. Rational use of material resources and good use of the human capital are essential ingredients for our Royal Armed Forces to continue to upgrade their capabilities and benefit from expertise and state-of-the-art technology in order to be among the best in the world.
Your Supreme Commander will continue to see to it that the Royal Armed Forces receive all the resources needed to ensure their invincibility and the constant upgrading of their capabilities.
Officers,
The fact that the founding of the Royal Armed Forces coincided with Morocco's independence underscores the nation's attachment to the values of patriotism and to the lofty, immutable ideals from which you have always derived your strength and sense of pride. The Moroccan people value the massive sacrifices you made with a keen sense of dedication and selflessness over the past fifty years in order to serve your country and protect its sovereignty and territorial integrity. You should remain forever committed to these noble ideals, and proud to serve your homeland.
May this be a glorious day for you and for all Moroccans. I pray Almighty God to bless the souls of our martyrs and accept them in His Paradise; they made the ultimate sacrifice so that our country may remain forever proud, impregnable, sovereign, secure and redoubtable.
May the Almighty guide your steps, enhance your resolve and help you remain staunch advocates of peace. May you continue to be worthy of your lofty mission, always prepared to defend and protect the nation's values, in keeping with your eternal motto: God – the Homeland – the King.
Wassalamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 416
King Mohammed VI flanked by his young brother Prince Moulay Rachid reviews troops during a military parade where Naval vessels from several foreign countries joined the Moroccan Navy in an unprecedented naval parade in the south-western city of Agadir on Monday May 15, 2006, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Royal Armed Forces of Morocco

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 545
Little_star said:
Her suit here does seem very busy, it would have been nicer with a plain black skirt, otherwise it's a bit too "loud". Not sure about the hair either, I really think she should cut it, long hair can be so ageing and boring.

Lalla Meryem and Lalla Sama seem ot be wearing nice suits.

yes, lalla meryem and lalla asma were very nice (I saw them on TV), about lalla salma's hair, i share your opinion, they are too long, she can choose a more modern hairdo

I agree Florecita. At least for this green and pink caftan. It's a very beautiful one. But I didn't really like her suit. About her hair I like it how it is: very long.

;) I like her hair too,I have loooong hair too,more longer than her :D and also I think she need get a tan a little bit :cool:

florecita said:
;) I like her hair too,I have loooong hair too,more longer than her :D and also I think she need get a tan a little bit :cool:

Even if she wants to tan ,whe won't tan,she has that type of very pale skin,and if she put a self tanning lotion or foundation,it would look like a mask on her,so I think it's better that she keeps her natural complexion.

Wow! I love Salma's outfit, for once she looks incredibly put together. I still think she could do something else with her hair though but at least she looks very well-presented. I'm surprised at how little make-up she's wearing, I thought she didn't wear alot generally, but it's clear from these pictures that on most occasions she is heavily made-up.

Last edited:
Her hairstyle is not elegant at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom