The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Morocco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Y!!i agree with you Warren and Little_star Moulay Hassan was a lovely addition to the evnt yesterday,but i would loved to see the princesses too maybe they didn't want to break their holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Perhaps this is an excellent opportunity for someone familiar with Moroccan culture and tradition to educate the rest of us about it. That may explain why the celebrations mostly include only men.
as moroccan and someone who know everithing about the royal family , i can tell you there is no explaintion for that,nothing to do with Moroccan culture or tradition,yes in the past king's wife didn't partisipe in any public occasion but the other ladies did so i can found in reason for their absence.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Gentry

i think the that the ladies are the hostess of all the other persons who are invited at the palace. All the wives of important persons of morocco. We don't see everything of the occasion. they only show a little part.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

you're right morgeanne that too, princesses are always the hostess of all the other persons who are invited especially the ladies and we only saw a small part of the occasion like what happen in the enthronement day.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

What was the event a few years ago where some of the Royal ladies were photographed on the balcony? Was that part of the King's birthday celebrations?
Old 08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
What was the event a few years ago where some of the Royal ladies were photographed on the balcony? Was that part of the King's birthday celebrations?
you mean when Lalla salma was mearing green caftan with Moulay hassan??
it's the allegiance ceremony during the celebration of King's enthronement.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

there is alot of photos of the princesses on the balcony and they were all taken during the allegiance ceremony as Shrifia said.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Red face death of Lalla Bahia the second wife of Late King Mohamed V

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Spouse of late king Mohammed V dies

Rabat, Sept. 3 - Lalla Bahia, spouse of late King Mohammed V and mother of princess Lalla Amina, passed away on Wednesday, the Ministry of the royal household, protocol and chancellery has announced.

my condolence to the family.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

King Juan Carlos Private Visit to Morocco

link in frensh: Maroc-Espagne: Rchauffement diplomatique en vue
I translate the important part:
Quote:
Le roi Juan Carlos en visite prive, une dlgation ministrielle qui entame une visite officielle et un mmorandum d'entente dans le secteur agricole... Tout va bien, de nouveau, entre les deux voisins.
King Juan Carlos on a private visit, a ministerial delegation that began an official visit and a memorandum of understanding in agriculture ... Everything goes well, again, between the two neighbors.

Quote:
La visite est d'ordre priv. Et aucune information officielle n'a pour l'heure t communique, ni ct marocain ni ct espagnol. Elle n'en revt pas moins une importance capitale et marque un vritable tournant dans les relations, tumultueuses, entre le Maroc et L'Espagne. Le roi Juan Carlos est attendu au Maroc. Ce sera plus exactement El-Jadida o le roi d'Espagne assistera notamment au salon international du cheval. Sans le nier, cette source la Zarzuela affirme qu'une visite prive est une visite prive et qu'aucun commentaire n'tait permis. Quoi qu'il en soit, le dplacement du souverain espagnol marquera le retour la normale des relations entre les deux Palais et, aussi, les deux pays, la dernire fois que Juan Carlos s'tait rendu au Maroc datant de janvier 2005. C'tait dans le cadre d'une visite d'Etat suivie d'un dplacement Alger qui n'a pas manqu de faire grincer bien des dents Rabat.
The visit is private. And no official information has yet been communicated or Moroccan side or Spanish side. It is nevertheless vital importance and marks a real turning point in relations, tumultuous, between Morocco and Spain. King Juan Carlos is expected in Morocco. This will more accurately in El-Jadida, where the Spanish king will attend including international exhibition of the horse. Without denying this source at the Zarzuela says a "private visit is a private visit" and no comment was allowed. Nevertheless, the displacement of the Spanish sovereign will mark the return to normal relations between the Palace and also the two countries, the last time that Juan Carlos had visited Morocco in January 2005. It was under a state visit followed a trip to Algiers that has not failed to grind many teeth in Rabat.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Shrifia you know if Queen Sofia is coming with him??
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

sorry M.Lilo I don't have any idea..still early to know let's wait the official announcement I am sur we will have more detail than about this visit.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Red face

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Sister of late King Mohammed V passes away
Rabat - Princess Lalla Amina, sister of the late King Mohammed V, passed away Monday morning in Mekns (center), announced the Ministry of the royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
Maghreb Arabe Presse: Sister of late King Mohammed V passes away
Rabat - Princess Lalla Amina, sister of the late King Mohammed V, passed away Monday morning in Mekns (center), announced the Ministry of the royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery.
It's Lalla Amina sister of Mohamed V or his daughter and aunt of Mohamed VI?!!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

it's the sister of late Mohammed V,they said on the news she had more than 85 years old,some newspapper here already wrote about her health problems early this week.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King Mohammed VI arrives in Malabo
King Mohammed VI, accompanied by princes Moulay Rachid and Moulay Ismail, arrived Thursday early evening in Malabo for an official visit upon the invitation of Equatorial Guinea President, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy

Its the first time the king makes a state visit with his brother, I wonder why? He doesnt seem in good health, is it for that he didnt go alone?
10 years passed since he become king and physically he changed a lot, he is only 45 years old and he hasnt the bearing of a man of this age, in most his twitch when he speaks is more visible than before
Old 04-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Nobility

I remember that last year a Spanish newspaper said that the king undergo an operation and it was for that he stayed in France many weeks, he was in convalescence, the official press agency MAP made an official denial but personally I dont believe a lot what say this agency because in most of countries the health of head state is taboo, then in morocco .
In the beginning of its reign, he did many state visits in France, USA, Spain, Italy, Japan, South America, he went also in Algeria for Arab Summit, but these last years he didnt travel a lot, last year, it was Moulay Rachid who represented Morocco, in Syria for Arab summit then in Paris for Mediterranean Summit. This year also it was him who went in Doha for the Arab Summit, I saw the king on TV yesterday and his face and body are swollen, he seems also apathetic, last year he passed long time abroad; and he went only once in official visit, in Senegal at his friends president Wade and sons; Im not Doctor, but if I trust to what I saw on TV yesterday, he seems to have some health problems
Old 04-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

More photos of King visit to Equatorial Guinea
http://i41.tinypic.com/2d173hg.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2gskcab.jpg
Gala Dinner: http://i43.tinypic.com/znx4ie.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/16hj52v.jpg

Day 2 of the King visit to Equatorial Guinea
http://i42.tinypic.com/v5aeck.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/e7hqwo.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2wns9zp.jpg

Lalla Oum Keltoum inaugurate the exhibition of "Dar Maalma 2009
The Reseau des femmes artisanes du Maroc was launched during the inauguration by Lalla Oum Keltoum of the "Dar Maalma 2009" (Artisan House 2009) fair which will run until May 31...
photo: http://i40.tinypic.com/2cxhxl2.jpg
Old 05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

another pic for the same event
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1243451920
Old 07-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

State Visit to France October 2009

Mohammed VI will Visit france next Octobere according to Jeune Afrique..Link
Translation
King Mohammed VI of Morocco to make a state visit to Paris in October. This is the first official visit of the monarch of Morocco in France since the election of Nicolas Sarkozy. The president, who himself made an official trip to Morocco in October 2007, Mohammed VI Sarkozy met last June in Paris at a private dinner attended by Lalla Salma, wife of the king, and Princess Lalla Meriem, sister of the monarch. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy was also present.