Royal Family of Morocco Current Events parts 1: February 2004 -August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lalla meryem is amazing, I adore her look, all is very beautiful, takchita, jewels, hairdo and make-up, she is perfect

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.map.ma/eng/sections/box3/king_mohammed_vi_pre/view

Tetouan (north), Aug.21 - King Mohammed VI, accompanied by his son crown prince Moulay El Hassan, his brother Prince Moulay Rachid, and his cousin Prince Moulay Ismail, presided, here Thursday, a reception on the occasion of the 45th anniversary of the Youth Day, marking the birthday of the monarch.

Moulay hassan look really bronzé,seems he enjoy Tetouan beach:)

Do the Royal ladies participate in any way during the King's birthday? It seems a wasted opportunity if they do not....

Yes, it does seem to be a wasted opportunity. National celebrations are the time when the extended Royal Family should be seen, if not en masse, then at least out and about.

Yes, it does seem to be a wasted opportunity. National celebrations are the time when the extended Royal Family should be seen, if not en masse, then at least out and about.
Perhaps this is an excellent opportunity for someone familiar with Moroccan culture and tradition to educate the rest of us about it. That may explain why the celebrations mostly include only men.

Y!!i agree with you Warren and Little_star Moulay Hassan was a lovely addition to the evnt yesterday,but i would loved to see the princesses too maybe they didn't want to break their holiday:ermm:

Perhaps this is an excellent opportunity for someone familiar with Moroccan culture and tradition to educate the rest of us about it. That may explain why the celebrations mostly include only men.
as moroccan and someone who know everithing about the royal family , i can tell you there is no explaintion for that,nothing to do with Moroccan culture or tradition,yes in the past king's wife didn't partisipe in any public occasion but the other ladies did so i can found in reason for their absence.

i think the that the ladies are the hostess of all the other persons who are invited at the palace. All the wives of important persons of morocco. We don't see everything of the occasion. they only show a little part.

you're right morgeanne that too, princesses are always the hostess of all the other persons who are invited especially the ladies and we only saw a small part of the occasion like what happen in the enthronement day.

What was the event a few years ago where some of the Royal ladies were photographed on the balcony? Was that part of the King's birthday celebrations?

What was the event a few years ago where some of the Royal ladies were photographed on the balcony? Was that part of the King's birthday celebrations?
you mean when Lalla salma was mearing green caftan with Moulay hassan??
it's the allegiance ceremony during the celebration of King's enthronement.

there is alot of photos of the princesses on the balcony and they were all taken during the allegiance ceremony as Shrifia said.

death of Lalla Bahia the second wife of Late King Mohamed V

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Spouse of late king Mohammed V dies

Rabat, Sept. 3 - Lalla Bahia, spouse of late King Mohammed V and mother of princess Lalla Amina, passed away on Wednesday, the Ministry of the royal household, protocol and chancellery has announced.

my condolence to the family.

King Juan Carlos Private Visit to Morocco

link in frensh: Maroc-Espagne: Réchauffement diplomatique en vue
I translate the important part:
Le roi Juan Carlos en visite privée, une délégation ministérielle qui entame une visite officielle et un mémorandum d'entente dans le secteur agricole... Tout va bien, de nouveau, entre les deux voisins.
King Juan Carlos on a private visit, a ministerial delegation that began an official visit and a memorandum of understanding in agriculture ... Everything goes well, again, between the two neighbors.

La visite est d'ordre privé. Et aucune information officielle n'a pour l'heure été communiquée, ni côté marocain ni côté espagnol. Elle n'en revêt pas moins une importance capitale et marque un véritable tournant dans les relations, tumultueuses, entre le Maroc et L'Espagne. Le roi Juan Carlos est attendu au Maroc. Ce sera plus exactement à El-Jadida où le roi d'Espagne assistera notamment au salon international du cheval. Sans le nier, cette source à la Zarzuela affirme qu'une «visite privée est une visite privée» et qu'aucun commentaire n'était permis. Quoi qu'il en soit, le déplacement du souverain espagnol marquera le retour à la normale des relations entre les deux Palais et, aussi, les deux pays, la dernière fois que Juan Carlos s'était rendu au Maroc datant de janvier 2005. C'était dans le cadre d'une visite d'Etat suivie d'un déplacement à Alger qui n'a pas manqué de faire grincer bien des dents à Rabat.
The visit is private. And no official information has yet been communicated or Moroccan side or Spanish side. It is nevertheless vital importance and marks a real turning point in relations, tumultuous, between Morocco and Spain. King Juan Carlos is expected in Morocco. This will more accurately in El-Jadida, where the Spanish king will attend including international exhibition of the horse. Without denying this source at the Zarzuela says a "private visit is a private visit" and no comment was allowed. Nevertheless, the displacement of the Spanish sovereign will mark the return to normal relations between the Palace and also the two countries, the last time that Juan Carlos had visited Morocco in January 2005. It was under a state visit followed a trip to Algiers that has not failed to grind many teeth in Rabat.

sorry M.Lilo I don't have any idea..still early to know let's wait the official announcement I am sur we will have more detail than about this visit.

:previous:it's the sister of late Mohammed V,they said on the news she had more than 85 years old,some newspapper here already wrote about her health problems early this week.

King Mohammed VI arrives in Malabo
King Mohammed VI, accompanied by princes Moulay Rachid and Moulay Ismail, arrived Thursday early evening in Malabo for an official visit upon the invitation of Equatorial Guinea President, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.

It’s the first time the king makes a state visit with his brother, I wonder why? He doesn’t seem in good health, is it for that he didn’t go alone?
10 years passed since he become king and physically he changed a lot, he is only 45 years old and he hasn’t the bearing of a man of this age, in most his twitch when he speaks is more visible than before

I remember that last year a Spanish newspaper said that the king undergo an operation and it was for that he stayed in France many weeks, he was in convalescence, the official press agency MAP made an official denial but personally I don’t believe a lot what say this agency because in most of countries the health of head state is taboo, then in morocco ….
In the beginning of its reign, he did many state visits in France, USA, Spain, Italy, Japan, South America, he went also in Algeria for Arab Summit, but these last years he didn’t travel a lot, last year, it was Moulay Rachid who represented Morocco, in Syria for Arab summit then in Paris for Mediterranean Summit. This year also it was him who went in Doha for the Arab Summit, I saw the king on TV yesterday and his face and body are swollen, he seems also apathetic, last year he passed long time abroad; and he went only once in official visit, in Senegal at his friends president Wade and son’s; I’m not Doctor, but if I trust to what I saw on TV yesterday, he seems to have some health problems

More photos of King visit to Equatorial Guinea
http://i41.tinypic.com/2d173hg.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2gskcab.jpg
Gala Dinner: http://i43.tinypic.com/znx4ie.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/16hj52v.jpg

Day 2 of the King visit to Equatorial Guinea
http://i42.tinypic.com/v5aeck.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/e7hqwo.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2wns9zp.jpg

Lalla Oum Keltoum inaugurate the exhibition of "Dar Maalma 2009
The Reseau des femmes artisanes du Maroc was launched during the inauguration by Lalla Oum Keltoum of the "Dar Maalma 2009" (Artisan House 2009) fair which will run until May 31...
photo: http://i40.tinypic.com/2cxhxl2.jpg

State Visit to France October 2009

Mohammed VI will Visit france next Octobere according to Jeune Afrique..Link
Translation
King Mohammed VI of Morocco to make a state visit to Paris in October. This is the first official visit of the monarch of Morocco in France since the election of Nicolas Sarkozy. The president, who himself made an official trip to Morocco in October 2007, Mohammed VI Sarkozy met last June in Paris at a private dinner attended by Lalla Salma, wife of the king, and Princess Lalla Meriem, sister of the monarch. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy was also present.

salma will certaily go with him, in 2000 when he made his first official trip to france, he was bachelor and it was hasna who go with him, it will be interesting to see salma with the very elegant french first lady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom