Queen Rania's official visit to Morocco: May 31-June 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loubna2

Nobility
is it true that queen rania will go in morocco, to attend the festival of sacred music of fes?
this festival will begin the 1 june

loubna2 said:
is it true that queen rania will go in morocco, to attend the festival of sacred music of fes?
this festival will begin the 1 june

It would be good to see her there, but where did you read that might attened? do you have a source?

So we're finally seeing them togheter. Probably for the first time, at least officially.

This isn't the first time they've met. There was Princess Badiya's wedding and I'm fairly sure there have been other occasions too.

clymène said:
There are pictures of queen rania and lalla salma in the Ling abdullah and queen rania thread. The queen just arrived to attend the fez festival. You can also find pictures on getty.

picture 1
picture 2

Lalla Salma looks really good, looks like she's in a beautiful fitted suit. Its so good to see her so active after her second child so soon.

it's so good to see rania and salma together. i think it's the first time they appear together in an official event.

i have the impression salma gained some weight during her pregnancy with khadija... it's a shame we don't see her too often.

Both women look good.

LeoMama said:
Is she wearning the same belt , when she went to Arab Women Organisation !!
No.Very similar colors, but the one worn to the women summit was abit wider

Little_star said:
This isn't the first time they've met. There was Princess Badiya's wedding and I'm fairly sure there have been other occasions too.

Yees, you're right Little Star, now I can remember this wedding. They both appeared in the same picture.

fanletizia said:
I find Lalla salma (which seems in form)"endimanchée" provincial with jewels and suit which are not her age... Rania with a style very relaxed and elegant.....

Last edited by a moderator:
it's nice to see my two favorite royal ladies together:D
It's normal that she is still carrying baby weight, she has plenty of time to lose it!

Thanks for the pictures and the news. I like the last one with the queen and princess both walking.

FEZ, Morocco, 1 June 2007 – Morocco is committed to the achievement of quality education, protection and a decent life for its children. During an official visit to the Kingdom, Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan today witnessed examples of innovative projects being implemented here.
UNICEF - At a glance: Morocco - Queen Rania, Eminent Advocate for Children, shares Morocco’s successes

Queen Rania of Jordan (R) is greeted by King Mohammed VI 'aide Mrs Zoulikha Nasri before paying a visit for homeless girls at the King Mohammed V fundation in Fes, Morocco, 01 June 2007. AFP PHOTO ABDELHAK SENNA
ANP Beeldbank
more pics
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Fez, June 1 - Princess Lalla Salma, spouse of king Mohammed VI of Morocco, and Queen Rania, spouse of King Abdullah of Jordan, on Friday, visited several Unicef-supported projects in the Moroccan central city of Fez (200km east of Rabat) aiming to combat child labor and promoting education for all.
Maghreb Arabe Presse: Morocco, Jordan first ladies inquire about combating child labor programs
pics
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Queen Rania of Jordan (L) and Morocco's King Mohammed VI's wife Lalla Salma smile as they arrive 01 June 2007 to the Sacred Musics Festival in Fez

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Rania of Jordan (L) looks on as Morocco's King Mohammed VI's wife Lalla Salma (C) chats with former French President Jacques Chirac's wife Bernadette 01 June 2007 during the 13 th Sacred Musics Festival in Fez.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
lalla salma and lalla meriem are [SIZE=+1]beautiful[/SIZE] . I saw here on TV.

Looks that the King is so busy to go with the queen! Or maybe he didn't get formal invitation from King Mohammed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm sure he did get it. But the king mohamed 6 himself is not attending. It's more of a feminine event.

The princess looks soo grogeous tonight!! I hope we'll have more pictures...

Getty has a lot of beautiful pictures, and you can even see lalla maryem.

Queen Rania of Jordan (2ndL), Morocco's King Mohammed VI's wife Lalla Salma (2ndR), former French President Jacques Chirac's wife Bernadette (R) and Princess Lalla Meryem attend the 13 th Sacred Musics Festival 01 June 2007 in Fez.

anp

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Lalla Salma looks like a queen tonight, she has pulled this off very well, no question about that. Im not too pleased in what Rania is in at all, its nice but suitable for the event? Not imo.
Did the Kings other sisters attened too? (lalla hasna & Lalla asma)

i quite liked what rania chose. it's the same style as the kaftan's the other ladies are wearing, but since it's not something from her country, she chose something similar, but not the same. i think it's a wise choice.

salma and meryem look wonderful, i always amaze myself with the beauty of the moroccan kaftans. wonder if we will see them some time soon, especially salma, since we don't see her that often.

any word on lalla khadija? how is she doing? does the islamic tradition perform any kind of event for girls such as the circumsition (as it happened for moulay hassan) or like the christian baptism?

Back
Top Bottom