Queen Rania's official visit to Morocco: May 31-June 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this picture Lalla Salma doesn't look sad! Thank you for your great pictures gharram.

IMO, all three women looked very beautiful at the festival, even if the jewels were perhaps a bit too much for Lalla Salma and the make-up for the two others. But Arab women wear often at such occasions more jewels or/and make-up than a Western woman would do.

rosa said:
here is a video of rania and salma during their visit to an UNICEF center
UNICEF - UNICEF Home

I like the way to be of rania in public, she is so calm and elegant, and she is has a very pretty smile
Thanx for the vedeo rosa I like the way they talk to children.
and you're right rania hase a beautiful smil both women has a superb smil.

more pics of the event
LL-AA-RR-&-Mme-CHIRAC
Mme-Bernadette-Chirac-Princesse-Lalla-Meriem2
Mme-Bernadette-Chirac-SAR-Lalla-Meriem
Reine-Rania-&-SAR-Peinesse-Lalla-Salma
Reine-Rania-&-SAR-Peinesse-Lalla-Salma2
I change my mind I don't like the caftan of lalla meryem on from this pics I think that her bag and the one of lalla salma are the same design.
The the detail on lalla salma caftan are really beautiful:)
LL-AA-RR-&-Mme-CHIRAC

These pictures are very beautiful. I'l say i again, princess lala salma was really glowing that night, she looked like a queen.

asturiana said:
Pictures and spanisch article from Hola.com.

In the first picture on the Hola site, Lalla Salma is wearing a pendant necklace that looks like it might be a word or a symbol. Does anyone know what it means?

It is "Allah", tne name of God in Islam. It's a very common pendant necklace in Morocco.

rosa said:
I like a lot what wore queen rania, and the colors that she chose were nice for the season
Exactly especially that this style of embroideries is really obsolete since many years in Morocco... and does not have anything to do with traditional or Royal style.... this woman has a problem with her style definitively.

Last edited by a moderator:
shrifia said:
I change my mind I don't like the caftan of lalla meryem on from this pics I think that her bag and the one of lalla salma are the same design. The the detail on lalla salma caftan are really beautiful:)
LL-AA-RR-&-Mme-CHIRAC

I think in that picture the caftan makes Lalla Meryem's behind look rather large....(understatement). From the front, in one of your other pictures, it looks lovely.

shrifia said:
I really like Lalla Salma's caftan in this picture. I'm not a huge fan of turquoise jewelery, but that belt is stunning! I would have liked it if Lalla Salma had just worn the earrings and the belt, and left off the necklace and the bracelet- the necklace because it's too much, and the bracelet because I don't like it. But the earrings are nice!

all women looked beautiful

exactly especially that this style of embroideries is really obsolete since many years in Morocco... and does not have anything to do with traditional or Royal style.... this woman has a problem with her style definitively
[/quote]

I hope that she change her style, moroccan traditional fashion is so beautiful, it's a pity that she isn't a better ambassador of it

shrifia said:
thanx alot asturiana can I ask for translation for the whole article plz:)
I'm sorry, but my english is not very good :sad: .

Thanks for all the photos!

I really liked the mustard coloured jacket on Salma when she was with Rania. it added a lovely splash of colour to the otherwise all balck outfit.

I thought her evening caftan as ok, the peachy and the gold seemed to clash a little and the jewellery! OMG! What was she thinking?! She really seems to have no clue when it comes to accessorising. Lalla Meryem's caftan as quite "busy" and not as elegant as her usualy styles which surprised me. I loved Rania's dress, the monochrome colours were very striking and really stood out.

Anyway idea why Lalla Hasna and Lalla Asmaa were not there?

Oh and it was really good to see Salma at the UNICEF projects with Rania. I hope she does beocming involved with more organisations and she often seems to do very little. Greater involvement on her part is a must.

Thanks Shrifia for the pictures.:)

I like what Lalla Salam & Rania was wearing. Not sure on Lalla Salma's choker. I was very dissapointed with Lalla Meriem's Tachitat with matching belt and bag.:neutral:

asturiana said:
I'm sorry, but my english is not very good :sad: .
I don't think that it's as bad as my english:D anyway thanx asturiana.

the sandals of lalla meryem are very beautiful, I don't like salma's shoes, there are not fine, and the gold gold color don't match well with the kaftan

shrifia said:
I don't think that it's as bad as my english:D anyway thanx asturiana.

Here you are, the translatin isn´t very good I made as good as I knew.:flowers:
The article is more about Lalla Salma role as King´s wife that of Rania. But its very interesting.

Queen Rania: another teacher for Pincess Lalla Salma of Morocco.

When her engagement was announced in 2002 with the king of Morocco, Mohamed the VIth, some mass media risked to say, that those wedding would break a tradition of 12 centuries.

Mohamed V and Hasán II, grandfather and father of the current monarch, always keept their wives in the most discreet background and they didn´t think of turning them into "companions of trip". Proof of it is that Lalla Abla, the mother of the current king and his four brothers, only exists a photography taken , without permission, during the wedding of the princess Lala Hasna, in the Royal Palace of Fez, and published in Paris Match, one week after the wedding parties.

The King, who had given up to have the traditional haren, three years before, presented "officially" to his fiancé, spread images of both together and he started to count on Princess Salma, as his sisters, to spread a new message: the modernization of the Country and the cause of the woman in the Islam.
It have passed five years since then, but in the last photographies of the King´s wife we see clearly a change of attitude in her person when she receives, as hostess, to the Queen Rania treading with firmness on the kingdom of her husband.

To the first sight, since her wedding in 2002, it have been two the biggest steps that she has been allowed give publicly as wife of the King. The first one of them of the hand of the Queen Sofía, in February, 2005, when Salma Benanni broke with the stereotype of Moroccan wife and the ancient traditions that only recognizing her as mother of the Crown Princes, thanks to Quenn Sofía's special consideration that, it was gaining area, little by little, for her, during her visit.
The Queen of Spain looked for the moments in which, without stopping being absolutely respectful with the tradition and the feelings of the host country , she could reinforce the protagonism of the King Mohamed´s wife not allowing to remain her relegated to a position in the last row for the simple fact of being a woman; or that didn´t have access to the platform of honor where King Juan Carlos and she, accompanied of the Moroccan King and of his brother, listened the national anthems.

Queen Sofía catch Salma of the arm, pulled her hand to put Salma to her height when they were walking, and laughed with her as if they were two old friends. Also, with immense naturalness, the Queen provoked that Sansegundo, ex-minister of Education, was greeting before King´s wife that to the brother breaking the indication of the teacher of ceremonies that, for pure protocol was giving preference to Moulay Rachid. A historical deference that, undoubtedly, would mark one before and one later in the history of Morocco.

The King´s wife had expressed privately her wish to be active, to go out and take part, on the area, where she is needed and where she should be useful to her Country, respecting always the secular tradition.Since the beginning, the whole world knew that the arrival of those engineer to the court, would suppose the beginning of a new age. A new stage of the history in which, such and as the King announced in the beginning of his reign, the Moroccan woman would recover an important role in the Morocco of tomorrow. A desire that Mohamed the VIth started with the reform of the Statute of the woman, known as "Mudawana".

In that country in which the desert and the oasis coexist, where the land smells to saffron, every Friday are sacred and the 21st century gets lost between the mosques, the chadors and the paper-hanging zocos of vases and carpets, already nobody will be able to forget Salma Benanni's name. The young and middle class woman of Moroccan who managed to gain the heart of Mohamed the VIth, the descendant of the prophet Mohammed; the son of Latifa, the berebere descendant of the famous warriors Zaïans of the mounts Atlas...

And now, has come probably the moment to start wondering: up to where is she ready to come to? Or where would be fixed the limits if she would wanted to follow the steps of her good friend Rania of Jordan? (The only Islamic monarchy that recognizes the role of Queen).
The King said it clear some years ago: " In the Islam there is no Queen ", but Salma seems to have sufficiently with the Princess's title to be made see herself and, the most important thing, to get that her message comes to, though it is without public voice.

Though her predecessor, once married were "condemned" to live forever secretly to the eyes of the world, Salma has reappeared publicly three months after having given birth the princess Lalla Khadija, to be the hostess of a "teacher" in the exercise of Sovereignty: Rania. Three days together.

RANIA DE JORDANIA: OTRA MAESTRA PARA LA PRINCESA SALMA DE MARRUECOS

Last edited:
Love the pictures everyone. I like Rania's evening gown (sorry i don't know what it is called) that she wore to a gala with Lalla Salma. I liked the way she did her hair, very different hairstyle than the one's she usually has.

Thank you Paty!! The article was indeed very interesting and your translation perfect. Thanks again.

Is Lalla Salma kind of her tour guide while she is in Morroco?

Paty said:
Video of Rania Visit at YouTobe

quee rania speak a very good english, and she has a very agreable voice

loubna2 said:
quee rania speak a very good english, and she has a very agreable voice

If im not mistaken, she graduated from an American university either in kuwait or cairo

She graduated from the American University in Cairo. That still doesn't account for her near-perfect English though.

Little_star said:
She graduated from the American University in Cairo. That still doesn't account for her near-perfect English though.

She was raised in Koweit where English is an official language. It's natural for all the people to speak two languages.
As the same it's natural in Morocco that people without any education speak french as well as arab.

No, people with no education are far from speaking a fluent and correct french in Morroco. You really have to be educated. Besides, as far as the queen is concerned, even if she didn't speak very well english at the beginning, she must have learnt it when she married the king, and when she became queen . I mean that even if she didn't speak, she would have had lessons to improve her level. That goes with the modern image that the hashemite monrachy is trying to give. It's about communication.

Actually I think both Queen's looked beautiful. Princess Lalla Salma looks good in more exotic dressing and jewelry, it seems natural on her, whereas on another it would look silly. Both ladies are working hard for their Country.

While in Morrocco, Queen Rania, Bono, The Edge, and the other members of U2 attended the Fes (Fez) Festival of Sacred Music on June 2nd. I guess her and Bono have become friends in the past year. She participated in the Vanity Fair issue he edited. Bono also presented Queen Rania with an award in Dublin.
Here are the links to the pictures:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/obiwandoodle/u2%20group%202007/FesFestivalofWorldSacredMusic6-2-2.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/obiwandoodle/u2%20group%202007/SM-La-reine-Rania-de-JordanFesFesti.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/obiwandoodle/u2%20group%202007/FesFestivalofWorldSacredMusic6-2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom