The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Morocco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Marie of Denmark Visits Morocco; November 10-11, 2008

Wow to be going overseas to do her first solo engagement surprises me. I would have thought it would be in Denmark, but good for her. (Just so long as her second one is in Denmark)

Old 10-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Princess Marie of Denmark Solo visit to Morocco: 28 October 2008

http://www.bt.dk/article/20081015/royalt/810150378/
Marie debut in Morocco
For the first time Princess Marie represent Denmark alone. It happens in Morocco, where she helps to reinforce the connection to the North African country.

15th October 2008, 15:12
Princess Marie, there Lego boxes in 3500, when she 28 October trips to the Moroccan capital of Rabat. After a ceremony at an orphanage in the capital city blocks to be given to orphanages throughout the country.

The visit to the North African country is organized by the Foreign Ministry and will strengthen relations between Denmark and Morocco. That comes on top of the opening in 2007 of a new Danish embassy in Rabat and the establishment of a number of cooperation projects between the two countries.
It is the first time, Marie has to represent the Danish royal family abroad alone.

the link was posted in PMarie thread by Carlota http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1-a-18694.html so thanks alot to her.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not surprised that Princess Marie will have an official trip to Morocco. It will be easy for her to communicate there as Moroccans can speak French. ... if I am not mistaken...
Looking forward to seeing photos of Lalla Salma and her sisters-in-law in stunning caftans and European outfits.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Wow to be going overseas to do her first solo engagement surprises me. I would have thought it would be in Denmark, but good for her. (Just so long as her second one is in Denmark)
Quite a surprise for me, too. I wouldn't have expected any solo engagements for the first year anyway.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Surprising that this event still isn't on the official DRF calender. Nonetheless, the trip seems to be a good one and it should be easy since French is also spoken in Morocco.

Btw, the article is not from Billed Bladet, but from BT.dk.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I am not surprised that Princess Marie will have an official trip to Morocco. It will be easy for her to communicate there as Moroccans can speak French. ... if I am not mistaken...
right Al_bina,as she is frensh born and all members of the royal family of morrocco can speak frensh very well also most of moroccan are good in this language,so i think that would help her in her first trip outside.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Nobility

This event should be a piece of cake for Marie, she wouldn't have to speak a word in Danish.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Surprising that this event still isn't on the official DRF calender. Nonetheless, the trip seems to be a good one and it should be easy since French is also spoken in Morocco.

Btw, the article is not from Billed Bladet, but from BT.dk.
I was thinking the same. ts going to be easy for her as she is a French speaker, and at the same time she is representing a Danish Company.
And all this in her first solo enagement...Its going to be her cup of tea. Its great that the Princess work is beeing usefulness to strengthen relations between Denmark and Morocco
Im unpatience to see this visit!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
This event should be a piece of cake for Marie, she wouldn't have to speak a word in Danish.
i'm sure it was chosen because of that reason - no danish involved and the host country speaks her native language. however, it's not just that: i think it's quite brave of her to take a solo trip just months after the wedding, by herself and to a completely different culture.

thanks for the new thread on the visit! i hope the confirmation in the diary comes soon.l
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

However still I think she is going to be very nervous but it is really good that she is going to delivery Legos to the children that's a very beautiful cause and for that I think she will enjoy it very mucht
Old 10-16-2008, 04:45 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Here is the Official Web page of the Danish Embassy in Rabat. May be in a few days we could check for some "official Program" or any official imformation about the trip.

Ambassade du Danmark, Rabat

Official confirmation

Quote:
28/10 08
H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie overrkker p et brnehjem i Rabat en donation fra Legos Charity Fond til marokkanske brnehjem. Prinsesse Marie besger Marokko som led i Udenrigsministeriets indsats for styrkelsen af relationerne mellem Danmark og Marokko. Overrkkelsen finder sted kl. 10.00.
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Kalender

Old 10-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Great news but why is her first solo event in Morocco and not Denmark? Im pretty sure this will be quite difficult and lots of pressure on Marie IMO, I just think it would be esier if she started in Denamrk and then slowly moved abroad.
This seems like a very nice event. Also is charity something Marie will take up ?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I think dont mind if it is in Demark or in other part of the world, the really importan thing is that she is working for Denmark and that she is beeing usefulness to Denmark.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Nobility

She just has to present some boxes of Lego, how hard can it be? Get in the plane in the morning, arrive in Morocco (probably someone of the MRF will meet her), give out the boxes, smile, wave and go back. It's not rocketscience imo. You would have to be very, very unsure of yourself to not pull that off.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
I think dont mind if it is in Demark or in other part of the world, the really importan thing is that she is working for Denmark and that she is beeing usefulness to Denmark.

Yes, the question may be: How useful can this trip be? What will be the benefit or awareness be by handing out toys?

I understand Lego, if I recall off the top of my head correctly, is a Danish company; So a Danish company is giving away toys, by Denmark's newest princess, to another country... what is the point? What kind of awareness is being raised here? That orphaned children in Morocco don't have enough Legos or toys in general to play with? And is that what orphaned children really need... toys? I would think there is a bigger solution that needs to be addressed than handing out toys. I mean, sure it may or may not put a smile on a kid's face for five minutes, but then what? By the way, this isn't Marie's fault by no means, but the question and discourse following is an honest one.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Danemark makes Lego toys and Marie goes to the orphanage in Morocco to deliver to the orphans where is the harm? No one can do everything for everyone. It is a nice gesture and I am sure the children will appreciate the gifts.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It's not a question of "harm", but rather what is the point and issue at hand here? What is or will be the long lasting impact of handing out toys?
Sure it may be a temporary "happy high", but if there is a real issue at these Moroccon orphanages is handing out toys the answer? My guess would be, no.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

If the Moroccan children in orphanages have needs I would believe the Moroccan government should address these needs.
Marie is going for that "happy moment" break and I applaud her for this.
I do not think that it is anyone else's responsibility to take care of the issues everyone has. I am sorry if I sound cold but I believe that we each have the power to take care of our own and outsiders may give us a moment of respite but they should not be saddled with the underlying problems.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

even marie, or any other royal can harldy solve all the issues and problems in the world. if the moroccan orphanages have problems of any sort, it's not marie who has to solve them. marie is a danish princess, and therefore her work will probably be 80% focused on denmark and 20% on the rest of the world. if her activity is to hand out toys (like i have seen many famous people do) abroad, i would just see it as a nice gesture and a 'happy high moment' from denmark to morocco, with marie being it's representant.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

You sound very far from being "cold". Nonetheless, you still haven't addressed the main issue and question: Does handing out toys, to foreign children, really solve anything or bring attention to a serious cause that affects another country directly like Denmark? And if the cause is to raise awareness of orphaned kids in Morocco then why is a Danish princess going there to do so? What's the point? Sure it's a cute gesture, but it has no real point to it... except as an advertisment for a Danish company and a nice photo-op for Denmark's latest "It" princess.

Nothing is being resolved here, with this day trip (or however long it may be.) And yes I do agree that problems within a particular country should be solved by that particular country... and not be resolved or taken up by a foreigner handing out toys to kids with no parents unless there is more to it such as an international problem like global warming or an international economic crisis.

Orphaned kids receiving toys from a Danish company isn't exactly an international crisis. It's a nice gesture with no real purpose... I mean let's get real here.