Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Morocco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
More Photos from Belga/DanaPess

ImageShack - Hosting :: 11171741a693dar8.jpg
Gosh, look at the body language here, they don't seem to be too comfy sitting. Walking and talking at the airport was easier.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Gentry

welcome to mary in morocco she look great congratulation on your pregnancy .god bless you .

Old 11-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus

More Pictures of Day 2

Her er maven, Marie ikke vil tale om

Marie in the Moroccan School
http://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-17916527.html?forside

Gallery
http://galleri.tv2.dk/index.php/cate...63/page-1.html

Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Well..it seems like Marie can't win. We have seen thru her past appearances that clothes are not a big thing for her. And there is nothing wrong with that. Its not like she wore a sack. Needless to say, I am a little confused. If she wore something a little dressy or an outfit that screams money she would be accused of flaunting her wealth in an appropriate manner. The poor girl can't win.

Its not the best first official visit on her...but baby steps please. She wasn't born to be a princess. She hasn't even been married a full year. She just happened to fall in love with a Prince. And honestly, its a little unfair to compare her to a MM, Maxima, Letizia, Mary etc. Everyone has different speeds on how they adapt to a new environment and unlike the women I just mentioned. She will never been queen.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

Zonk,

I agree with your point about not comparing Marie to the other European princesses, but I have to say I am slightly disappointed in her choice of attire for the walkabout in Morocco. The pin-stripped top with the black pants and floral blouse was a little haphazard. Also her placing the sunglasses down the front of the top was a little undignified, in my opinion. The young lady does not have to be in fashionable, but she should know how to find a causal attire that represents her position as a princess of Denmark well.

Look at the Lalla Salma, her country has alot of proverty and is considered a developing nation, but she continues to wear designer labels, as does her sister-in-laws, and million dollar diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. Her position gives her the countance and confidence to wear what she likes, in order to repersent her country. and her role.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I personally think that Marie looks very nice. She seems happy to be on this visit, and the photos from the school are very lovely.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the "day 2" suit, it was very formal, also I love her blouse, almoust like a pregnancy blouse!She looks happy and confident for her first solo event!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah View Post
Zonk,

I agree with your point about not comparing Marie to the other European princesses, but I have to say I am slightly disappointed in her choice of attire for the walkabout in Morocco. The pin-stripped top with the black pants and floral blouse was a little haphazard. Also her placing the sunglasses down the front of the top was a little undignified, in my opinion. The young lady does not have to be in fashionable, but she should know how to find a causal attire that represents her position as a princess of Denmark well.

Look at the Lalla Salma, her country has alot of proverty and is considered a developing nation, but she continues to wear designer labels, as does her sister-in-laws, and million dollar diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. Her position gives her the countance and confidence to wear what she likes, in order to repersent her country. and her role.
Yes, but again...how long as Lalla Salma been doing this? My main point is that Marie (and anyone new to a job for that matter) is going to go thru growing pains. Unless they have someone to guide them (other family members and/or stylist), a good fashion sense or the confidence to either research or take risks. And I would hardly call putting the sunglasses undiginifed....tons of people do it. Doesn't make it right but it doesn't make it wrong. I am sure she always has done it. Now that she is royal...perhaps someone will suggest another matter. I think I have seen other royal ladies do the same. Let's give her at least a year before we start criticizing everything she does (and this isn't just directed to you). She's gonna make mistakes.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Courtier

LOVE the outfit she wore on the second day ,the purple one. The rest is fine.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Personally I think Marie has dressed very well since she arrived. I think her activities are more important than her fashion choices. She shouldn't be judged in comparison with other Princesses that isn't fair. Especially in a negative sense as personally she is facing solo engagements sooner than some others.

I wish her all the best with the rest of her trip.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
This is actually not correct. I think announcing the pregnancy on the same day as Marie's first solo engagement and visit abroad is a clever PR move (and no coincidence) but the DRF does not usually announce pregnancies before significant events.

Mary's first pregnancy was announced on 25th April 2005 (the same day as Mette-Marits), shortly after F&M's visit to Thailand and Japan (their visit to Greenland was in 2004, shortly after the wedding) and 1 and half a week before their next engagement in Denmark.
The second pregnancy was announced on 26th October 2006. Mary opened a conference that day, the day before there was a gala dinner for members of parliament and the day after a concert to celebrate DRC's 50th anniversary - all actually quite the regular royal engagements and not particularly significant.(all infos taken from the couple's website )

I liked Marie's outfit at arrival, except for the bag and shoes, they didn't seem to fit with the rest.
excuse me, i was actually thinking of the visit to the faroe islands, rather than the greenland one - slight slip with the danish territories! if i'm not mistaken christian's pregnancy was announced just before it (with letizia's).

the pictures in the ambassy are nice - marie seems to be enjoying her new role and looks happy and smiley. the purple outfit is lovely and seems to suit her perfectly - maybe she got an assistant or some help from mary's? both outfits were perfect.

there were two ladies with her at the arrival (picture). maybe one of them is the LIW?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Article and photo from Maghreb Arabe Presse

Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Meryem et SAR la princesse Marie du Danemark visitent "La Maison d'enfants d'Akkari"

The article mention that this charity donation is in the framework of the Danish support to Morocco for its efforts againts the poverty , for promote the childhood and its support to the orphaned.

Princess Marie says in a meeting with the press that, she hopes that this Lego toys help the children to develope their abilities, capacities, helping them to fit into the society and to respect to others.
Also Princess Marie congratulate for the bows of friendship that join to Denmark and Morocco and that this good relations are strengthening to the service and interests of both countries

As you know Marie visited inthe morning the Andalusian Gardens and its museum where jewels of the prehistory, period previous to the Islam and to the Islamic age, are exposed. Marie has expressed her great admiration for the exposed jewels and she congratulate to the persons that promote the Richness and Diversity of the Islamic Culture and civilization.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Ps. Marie is very amiable, looks young and sweet and natural. We all wish her, of course, the very best.

(but, please, when I see her, cannot help having some pity for Alexandra, the first wife).

Sorry.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Princess Marie of Denmark visit Garden in Rabat where she was interiviewed
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Moderator Emeritus

More from this morning

ImageShack - Hosting :: 111778732fd604gb9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 1117787230033bve8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 111778703041b1gs1.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 11177869308314dn2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 1117786830b76drz3.jpg
By Belga/Danpress

Old 11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
Ps. Marie is very amiable, looks young and sweet and natural. We all wish her, of course, the very best.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
(but, please, when I see her, cannot help having some pity for Alexandra, the first wife).
No need to. According to what is written about The Countess in different papers and magazines, it seem she has a very happy and good life. And it's the life she chose herselfe.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Article and photo from Maghreb Arabe Presse

Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Meryem et SAR la princesse Marie du Danemark visitent "La Maison d'enfants d'Akkari"

The article mention that this charity donation is in the framework of the Danish support to Morocco for its efforts againts the poverty , for promote the childhood and its support to the orphaned.

Princess Marie says in a meeting with the press that, she hopes that this Lego toys help the children to develope their abilities, capacities, helping them to fit into the society and to respect to others.
Also Princess Marie congratulate for the bows of friendship that join to Denmark and Morocco and that this good relations are strengthening to the service and interests of both countries

As you know Marie visited inthe morning the Andalusian Gardens and its museum where jewels of the prehistory, period previous to the Islam and to the Islamic age, are exposed. Marie has expressed her great admiration for the exposed jewels and she congratulate to the persons that promote the Richness and Diversity of the Islamic Culture and civilization.
Thank you for this article, Paty. I have really enjoyed seeing the photos of Princess Marie during this trip. She seems very sweet and caring. I am excited for her. This first trip has been very nice, and I am looking forward to seeing more of Marie in the princess role.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

I think she looked very nice for her first solo visit. I find it interesting that her first solo visit was out of Denmark. That says a lot to me as to how well Marie appears to be fitting in to the family and her new country.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know if Marie's LIW accompanied her to Morocco?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

DR TV Video
> dr.dk tv - Det vil jeg se!